2012 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
-So apparently Hamilton damaged his gearbox in qualifying and McLaren didn't want to change it. McLaren fanboys are going to go MAD.
Whitmarsh said they only realized during the race that there was some sort of issue.

-The two hour time limit is bullsh*t. Most sports last longer than the standard hour and a half that F1 does.
Wow you missed 1 or 2 laps what a shame and your not one of the 24 who drive 2h/61laps at the limit. I don't know any other sport where the athlets have to be at the limit every the second

-Massa may be slow, but he's still a racer.
Yep. He has all the skills he needs, he just need a little bit more speed and luck.

"speed tv: vettel didn't deserve that win, he clearly had the uppermost luck"

Speed's F1 coverage is a complete joke. Three guys sitting in a studio in North Carolina are NOT connected to the sport and the one guy Speed does have on the ground at the races is someone none of the teams really want to talk to. Anyone who relies on Speed for their F1 fix is robbing themselves. Both Sky Sports and the BBC are worlds ahead of Speed when it comes to F1 race coverage.

why is he happy? he has yet to even lead the champtionship.

How many times during the 2010 season was Vettel leading the championship? Alonso still has a healthy lead in 2012, something Alonso fans should be happy about. But the season is far from over.

Since the Summer Break only one Mclaren car is Finishing the races
Spa - JB
Italy - LH
Singapore - JB

It could be worse, they couldv employed Massa.

Anyway, today was a nice change of luck for the hugely underperforming design department of Ferrari. They nearly got schooled by Williams, Mclaren and Red Bull if it wasnt for their reliability and strategy problems.

Hamiltons chances are getting remote. He needs to win every race and Alonso should finish lower than 3rd in most of them. Vettel could be a threat.

For the Ferrari design and upgrade amateurs its to be hoped itll rain hard at Suzuka. If not, well see more embarrassed faces and huge gaps in qualifying.

What da f**k.... Hamilton had this one in the bag!!

Got damn finger got it again and Button chokes as usual when it really counts.
And Alonso.....we got to force him start a lap down or something because he just gets through the field regardless of where he starts :) Impressive drive.

The Schumacher crash looked pretty crazy:
16181.jpg

Do people really dislike this race? I found it to be pretty great. It's more of an endurance race for the drivers to see who can last the longest without a mistake or mechanical failure with strategy also playing a pretty big role.

Not sure what might've happened had Hamilton not retired, would've made for a great battle for the lead. This will also probably give him better ground on the contract debates, if it wasn't for the mechanical failure he would've probably had the win. It'll be hard for Hamilton to come back from this retirement in the championship though.

Great to see Alonso with yet another podium, another race closer to the championship if he keeps this up.

And, as much as it pains me to admit this, Maldonado was having a great race and was pretty disappointing to have him retire.

Maldonado is a star of the future for sure. The way he takes Bruno Senna apart is even more brutal than Alonso does on Massa. When Pastor keeps his head together hes more entertaining to watch than hamilton. Hes quicker too imo.

Exactly. When was the last time Hamilton won 6 races in a row? Or Mclaren finishing 1-2 6 times in a row? Also: the Red Bull looked very strong today.

I dont think its very likely Hamilton will catch up.

Exactly. When was the last time Hamilton won 6 races in a row? Or Mclaren finishing 1-2 6 times in a row? Also: the Red Bull looked very strong today.

I dont think its very likely Hamilton will catch up.
Winning every race is tied with Alonso coming second in every race.
Just as unlikely. But it shows it´s far from over.

In 2010 Vettel was about this many points behind Hamilton and he won the championship.
Never led the championship until the last race.

Had Hamilton not had any problems this race they would have won the last 4 races, with 4 poles.

It´s pretty clear the car is super quick,

Without all the noob mistakes Mclaren has done this year Hamilton would have lead the championship easy.

You bring up good points, but I still think he's gonna have to bet on Alonso having some bad races and it's shown that Alonso has been the most reliable driver so far. If it wasn't for the first lap incident in Spa he would've been the only driver to score points in every grand prix so far.

Everything ist still open. Hamilton just needs a bit more "luck" (I personally wouldn't call it luck. Ferrari's reliability is not because of luck that they had) than Vettel to close up on Alonso.

I hope Ferrari can bring more upgrades to their car and imrpove it. They need to be more aggressive in that kind of things in my opinion.
Although I think Suzuka and Korea should suit them bettern than Singapore (track and temperature wise)

That's something that really irks me. People keep saying how Alonso has been lucky all year long when it's not the case. He's lucky just because he has a reliable car? It's the others that have been unlucky and Alonso has simply benefiting from it.

But yes, a lot can happen over the next few races, that's what makes it so exciting! Really looking forward to all of them. (Especially the US grand prix :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back