2012 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Schumacher retired on lap 13. And by then he was clearly struggling compared to the others in the top 6, so I don't believe he was 'doing something right'. Although it wasn't really his fault - the car is a tyre eater.
What do you mean? Micheal did a total of 19 laps in FP1 and 34 laps in FP2. I don't know if he ran the 16 in a row, or over the two practices or what all I know is Braun told him teams are getting 12/13 laps out of their tyres and the F1 timing app told me when that message was received that was his 16th lap on those tyres.

I think Nico said his car was still struggling, but it's nearly impossible to get good life out of your tyres when the track is so hot, even during FP2 early this morning the track was at 41 degrees Celsius which was cooler than Pirelli expected.

5 spot penalty for Kimi: Gearbox change... So it's 5 spot penalty for both Finns, Kovalainen got it for passing Vettel during the safetycar in Melbourne.

Lotus had a fire in their motorhome, Kimi lost his spare helmet and the crew is hungry, literally since the fire destroyed their kitchen..

Williams looking really impressive in FP3, the announcers speculated that they may be running low fuel levels and going for fast times, while McLaren looked like they were running higher fuel levels because neither Button nor Hamilton were really able to put forth a fast time. They also think that Rosberg was going for a fast time while Schumacher was testing out higher fuel levels, however the one thing we do know is that Rosberg was fastest in S1 and S3 showing they are damn fast in a straight line which is good news for this track. Schumacher also held fastest S1 time often, but his last attempt at a fast lap was held up by a couple of slower cars. Also Hamilton was off for a good 20 minutes fixing his car after spinning and going into the gravel at turn 12 into 13 on a damp track.

Time to pick up an hour and a half of sleep before getting up for quali ;)

So Petrov have finished 2 out of 3 practice seasons ahead of Kovalainen. This makes me wonder if Petrov will be able to challenge Kovalainen both in qualify and race. (Btw when Petrov DNF'd in Melbourne he was ahead of Kovalainen but I don't know if both had already done their pit stop or not)

Maybe, Petrov isn't as bad as people think. :o

Live timing on one screen, F1 2007 on track in game rig running 1:30.6 in the replay (PB) and broadcast on fullscreen... Espresso on one hand and a cig on the other.. Go :cool: , there's icecream waiting for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back