2012 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
See? He's not a bad driver, he just never had a winning car.
I couldn't agree more, I've been telling this for years. Put Vettel or Schumacher in a HRT for example and there isn't a chance of them winning a race. F1 is a team sport, the driver can't do it all for you. You need the car to preform at its finest then the rest is up to the driver.

@Dewald Nel It's actually suppose to rain all race weekend so your wish may come true :D Also I'm praying for a wet race (similar to Canada last year) because I'd really love to see what Shumi can do with a better Merc car in the rain, he's proved time and time again he's one of the last people left who have conquered wet racing. If it was to be a wet race mark my words he'll be on the podium presuming he doesn't get wrecked by someone and his car doesn't quit on him like last week.

wet race? :) Hamilton and Schumi for the win without a doubt :)

Those two just runs on a different level in the rain. Canada last year is a great example.
Hamilton looked like he was running in the dry, just EATING Button in the rain. Unfortunate accident destroyed that chance of getting a win or second place.

Then Schumi, i don´t even know what to say really, just a amazing driver in the wet.
Lost places due to DRS which sucked.

wet race? :) Hamilton and Schumi for the win without a doubt :)

Those two just runs on a different level in the rain. Canada last year is a great example.
Hamilton looked like he was running in the dry, just EATING Button in the rain. Unfortunate accident destroyed that chance of getting a win or second place.

Then Schumi, i don´t even know what to say really, just a amazing driver in the wet.
Lost places due to DRS which sucked.
Last year was the first year since 2001 since I watched F1 hardcore, but honestly in Canada I didn't really see Hamilton as a great wet driver. Near the beginning of the race Schumacher held him off even pushing him off at the hairpin once, and then failed to realize Button couldn't see anything out of his mirrors and ended up getting sandwiched into the wall.

I only got to catch the end of the race last year because I was at a funeral that day, but I was extremely P.O'd when I saw the track was dry and DRS was enabled which led to the demise of Schumacher after the amazing race he had. Also I think he was the only one not to damage his car or get in penalty trouble lol.

go Mclaren :D

Dear Bernie, can you please tell RB to stop being so rude to the Camera man, we have enoug pictures of that car anyways there is no point in covering it, especially when it sucks at Quali.

Thanks you.

hahah yeah Mr Kimi is fast...

the size of that KERS from mclaren is about the size of abit larger old PS3.
wonder if you can install that to a regular car :D...helps run away from the cops.

mediums and hards? :( good lord the lack of grip....even with hi-temps...higher the temp the less downforce due to the hot air.......wow, quali ought to be interesting with so many lock ups.

thumbs up if you think Georgie has no idea what she is saying everytime she talks about F1 :cool:

Bottas performed great, We might have the 8th Finn in the grid next year, i'm happy to say :cool:

And yes, i know there were 8 drivers in total, i'm not qualifying Mikko Kozarowitzky as he didn't get a qualifying result.. I'm only accepting Leo Kinnunen because he did start one race, even thou he got to the grid because he knew the Swedish GP organizers well... But from the 6 Finns that have had a proper F1 career, we have 4 championships from 3 drivers...That's quite good percentage...

Why do Mercedes assume they won't have degradation issues this weekend? What has changed since last weekend? If nothing, then it would be more of the same, surely...

the nature of the track, maybe they have found out what was causing the tyre to degrade so bad last weekend. who knows. Im sure they will run slight lower pressures here....im mean ...its a living microwave out there im glad i have A/C.

Fair enoug. But with the faster corner types you find at this track degradation will be higher than last week aswell.

And if the degradation is caused by the car, it will wear any tyre quicker faster than the other cars do, irrespective of compound.

However, if they believe it was something like tire pressures or overly stiff suspension , it can be solved.

Last year was the first year since 2001 since I watched F1 hardcore, but honestly in Canada I didn't really see Hamilton as a great wet driver. Near the beginning of the race Schumacher held him off even pushing him off at the hairpin once, and then failed to realize Button couldn't see anything out of his mirrors and ended up getting sandwiched into the wall.

I only got to catch the end of the race last year because I was at a funeral that day, but I was extremely P.O'd when I saw the track was dry and DRS was enabled which led to the demise of Schumacher after the amazing race he had. Also I think he was the only one not to damage his car or get in penalty trouble lol.

I don´t know what you looked at but when it´s wet Hamilton charges through the field.

He schooled Schumi in China in the wet as well.
He fooled Button and Vettel in Hungary, both fell for his trick going off track.
He looked like he was running in the dry at Silverstone passing Button pretty quickly.
Button started 5th, Hamilton started 10th. You do the math.

I don´t know what you are watching if you can´t see the excellence of Hamilton´s wet weather skills.

Why do Mercedes assume they won't have degradation issues this weekend? What has changed since last weekend? If nothing, then it would be more of the same, surely...
I believe it was Ross Braun who came over the radio and said that others are facing tyre degridation around lap 12 or 13, while Shumi was out there 16 laps on his tyres so they must be doing something right. I doubt they'd tell everyone what they changed to improve though :p

Hamilton may storm through the field, but that's only because he is a more aggressive driver and that's cost him a few times... He wrecked in Montreal trying to pass a teammate, and he spun in Hungary which cost him a drive through when he spun back around to get going again. He also couldn't figure out what tyres he wanted to use last year during the Hungary GP xD

Also I checked, China wasn't a wet race last year. He did do sort of well in Silverstone last year, but it also wasn't that wet; the track was damp and I believe they only made it on inters for the start and switched to slicks later on.

He's a great driver don't get me wrong, but I don't see him in that elite group with Senna and Schumacher just yet, but hey he's got plenty of time to prove me wrong ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%