2012 Formula One European Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive Q3 lap from Vettel. But with Hamilton starting 2nd in the race, it is a similar scenario to what happened two weeks ago in Canada.

what a cry baby :) gap was never less then 1.1 seconds..

After both drivers were summoned to see the stewards on Saturday evening to explain the situation, it was decided that Hamilton had not driven excessively slowly – so there was no need for any punishment.
The stewards said that there was no evidence that Hamilton had driven 'unnecessarily slowly'.
In a statement issued on Saturday they said: "The sector time for Car 4 (Hamilton) was actually faster than a time set previously in that same sector by Car 8 Nico Rosberg, which is an indication that Car 4 was not being driven unnecessarily slowly between turns 21 and 25."
It added: "The smallest gap between Car 4 and Car 8 was 18 metres and 1.1 seconds."
That means he will keep his second spot on the grid for the race in Valencia, with Rosberg ending up sixth overall.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100655

I think these kind of Things really effect Relationship's
That's why i really like Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton (Ham from this season again after 2010 I really disliked him in 2011 due to lot of Clashes with Felipe)
Never bother about any thing and clearly accepts every thing either Wrong or Wright
and Well deserved to be Best People on Grid

Hamilton was not Penalized

You don't say!!! :confused: :D

Anyway I want to express my commiserations to Jenson Button because he seems to be a nice lad he doesn't deserve that much bad luck.

So, prepare to get excited as this will be one hell of a race :roflmao:. Oh and I agree with Kartik on Kovalainen and I think that he really deserves a better car because his performances.

Without a doubt - Drive Of The Day goes to Kovalainen.

JFYI in Valencia, grand prix was won 3 times from pole. Only in 2009 Barrichello won starting only 3rd.

Another fact: The team that won in Valencia would go on to win the constructor's championship.

It's hilarious reading the Vettel haters complain about his pole by 3 tenths. One seriously said the gap was "fishy" and "let's see what Charlie has to say about this."

I think Vettel is showing he's 2 times 2 WDC because he's that good.

Like any other, he has strong points (qualy, P1 pace and focus) and some less strong points (traffic, overtaking), so you can like him more or less depending on the style you like, but he wins easy with a better car, and he wins also with an equal car, as long as he can do a good qualy and the race goes his style.

Regarding popularity... when somebody new wins everybody likes him, until he starts to win often, and also we know him better, then some people switch to dislike him due to personal preferences or just boredom... Schumacher, Alonso, Hamilton... it happened to all of them, the only one didn't suffer this is Button, probably because he was not always on top since Brawn, but another season like that in Brawn and a lot of people won't like him, with or without reason.

Like any other, he has strong points (qualy, P1 pace and focus) and some less strong points (traffic, overtaking), so you can like him more or less depending on the style you like, but he wins easy with a better car, and he wins also with an equal car, as long as he can do a good qualy and the race goes his style.

Regarding popularity... when somebody new wins everybody likes him, until he starts to win often, and also we know him better, then some people switch to dislike him due to personal preferences or just boredom... Schumacher, Alonso, Hamilton... it happened to all of them, the only one didn't suffer this is Button, probably because he was not always on top since Brawn, but another season like that in Brawn and a lot of people won't like him, with or without reason.
May be He has Weak Points like Dealing of Traffic and Overtaking but this year Provided him enough Opportunity to master it i guess
When you start at P1 where is the need of over taking cars except Back markers for Leader And Sebastian has the same problem and we saw how improved he was in Overtaking from Spa 2010 to Spain 2012 Especially Overtaking Rosberg in Australian Gp 2012 shows his improvement

yes he does win with a good car, but equally...he has been lucky mostly the faults of the ones behind him, like Kimi in Bahrain, tyre call too late, worked in his favor, thats how he gained it, not saying he is terrible, he is just on his prime era. Hopefully the reducing costs for next year can reduce the gap more and more since the costs will reduce the amount of cash they will spend in upgrades, although every team always tends to slip in more and more, a reason the RR became a joke.

But honestly, i dont see this going Vettels way, with tyres this year is going to work into the Lotus, Romain looks massively good, but that car although the lack of Q pace, does have race pace at hi temps.

Regarding the .3 gap, i say just like montreal, they either got a real good exlpoit going on with the car, or they just ace on how much fuel to take out, if not mistaken the amount you use on a flying lap of fuel as it goes down each lap your time can be reduced up to -200 from your lap time (this is from DC comments from 2010), so maybe that is also playing in his part, since the Renault engine es fuel efficient, just saying, upgrading the rear back is superbly limited, but fuel could bge a factor on top of his driving.

If Grosjean hadn't done that slide in his lap, the 0.3s gap of Vettel to the next car would be a lot smaller.

That being said, the RB's new rear end is pure genius. And this is a track where a good rear end matters.

Still, even RB themselves said they were lucky. If they hadn't changed the frontwing's angle before Q3, they probably wouldn't have been this far up the grid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes