2012 Formula One British Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Button is the most stupid driver on the grid. He had new tyres, he was -1.5 from 10th place, which was first actually, and he lifted off because of the yellow flags. Alonso didn't do that despite the Lotus in the gravel trap and he took 9th.

Actually, I think that you cannot post your fastest lap under yellow flags. I am probably wrong, since no one at sky f1 noticed it, but without that lap, Alonso wouldn't be through Q2. Remember in 2011 when Hamilton got a penalty for posting his personal best at a practice session?

Also remember in 2003 when Alonso ignored yellow flags in the Brazil race? Pretty nasty, yes?

Actually, I think that you cannot post your fastest lap under yellow flags. I am probably wrong, since no one at sky f1 noticed it, but without that lap, Alonso wouldn't be through Q2. Remember in 2011 when Hamilton got a penalty for posting his personal best at a practice session?

Also remember in 2003 when Alonso ignored yellow flags in the Brazil race? Pretty nasty, yes?

No. He only has to set a slower sector time.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure the rule stands for best sector time not for overall best lap. Button was -1.5 from 10th in S2 which meant P1 at that moment. He could only lift a little just to go into Q2 like Alonso did to go into Q3.

Different qualifying then normally but i guess it just make things more interesting.
Brilliant drive by Schumi, Webber & Alonso.

And Massa as well. Rain and him doesn´t always work out.

It did at the brazilian gp in 2008, he was flying that car, without tc.

Alonsos quali and pole lap, quiet controversial and arugable among the dislikers here about the yellow flag incident, but yellow sector time on that section of track with yellow flags applies to everyone, and he managed to be up there just nailing his timing.

Jenson has struggled with front tyre temperatures in Malaysia especifically with the Intermidiates, and he also blew it here, Lewis somehow manages but im sure he didnt have enough temp on the tyres this time around.

Wet tyres are fine and were running fine, but once it gets deep and they start aquaplaning then the red flag is completely acceptable, we are forgetting F1 also sets standard when it comes to safety as example. But no one complains when is hotter than hell out there :sleep:

slowest car on pole, hmmmm not many people happy with alonsos pole it seems, but it would be worse with the current WC up there ^^ , and he was beaten by Webber, hows that for wet driving :roflmao:

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure the rule stands for best sector time not for overall best lap. Button was -1.5 from 10th in S2 which meant P1 at that moment. He could only lift a little just to go into Q2 like Alonso did to go into Q3.
Button said, that he lost time because of the yellow flag AND the heavy rain in S3. He had temperature in the 2nd set of inters because they came fresh out of the blanket.
With his first set he stood waiting in the pitlane for the green light but he didn't managed to regain the temperature lost there

Race Pictures will come shortly after the race, would you guys like me to post pictures or make F1 slideshows with music ? what would be better for you guys? im just trying to spice things up here :)

I believe he was -1.5 sec up on 17th Not 10th but the Decision could be from the Team he couldn't make it by him self i guess :(

Apparently, from Sky Sports F1, no rain yet :cautious:. But it's pretty much uncertain, which makes for one heck of a Grand Prix.

To top it off (rain wise), we have had intermittent rainy days here in many parts of Germany, so maybe there'll be rain again in the next Grosser Preis.

@Ivo, penalties for Kobayashi and Vergne only.

I hope really hope that Massa steals the show (in a good way) and that the other championship contenders manage to close the gap to Alonso just to make it tight and exciting for the next race. (I just don't want any driver to get a masive lead this early because 20p is quite a lot for this season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 31.3%