2012 Formula One British Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the bother but it is the other way around Maldonado pays €25,000 and Kobayashi €10,000 and it is in Euro.
Source

I am not defending Maldonado but didn't everyone say pretty much the same things about Hamilton last year? (Sorry but I think you are overreacting a little bit. ;) )

I think most drivers go through phases where they keep getting caught up. I'm not a fan of Maldonado after reading some of his driving history (hospitalised steward), but on track/racing incidents happen.

What I would say is that Maldonado has used his car as a weapon in the past. I'll try to find the incidents where he swiped a couple of drivers. I'm sure one was at Spa last year.

Racing incidents are one thing, but using your car to deliberately hit another driver is inexcusable.

At least a one-race ban should have been the result, if not kicking him out of F1.

And I get the impression that he doesn't have much regard for other drivers, but this is my opinion from a couch.

The last few races he has been just pushing people off the track to overtake them. Example on webber final corner at Valencia he left no space for webber on the exit of the corner and left him no option. It has to stop.

Congrats to Mark Webber. What a brilliant drive from him. Shame that Alonso couldn't get the victory after being in the lead for most of the race. Great drive from Massa as well. Reminds me of the 2008 Massa :p. Would have been great if Fernando had won, nevertheless it was another cracking Grand Prix. Congrats to the top 3 drivers!

Well, that was an interesting race from the beginning. I'm actually glad Webber won, since 2 wins in a row would put give Alonso too big of a gap (I want him to win his 3rd championship, but I also want an exicint championship until the end).

The Ferrari is fast now, no doubt. On hard tyres, Alonso was on equal terms with the Red Bulls, and Massa wasn't too far away either. They both drove well, a shame that Massa couldn't pull a podium here, but it's good to see him in good shape. Tyre strategy was a bit weird though, leaving the softs for the end and changing the first tyres barely a couple laps after some of the drivers with softs. I can't see how those tyres couldn't have taken a few more laps.

Red Bull is looking very strong, with a 1st/3rd. Webber played his cards well, and got a second win this year, and Vettel managed to climb up to 3rd.

Mercedes was completely disappointing, not competitive at all in this track in dry conditions. With rain they might have been in competition for the victory.

Lotus had again good pace, but they don't seem to capitalize on it. Grosjean was pretty unlucky though, and drove a great recovery race to get back to 6th position.

McLaren was absolutely horrible here. The pit stops were good though, no mistakes and fast overall, but they lacked the pace. Also, why did Hamilton do the first change so late, and then stayed like 6 laps on the softs before changing again? Button is at the bottom of a pit right now, and I still hope he can get out soon, because he's better than this.

Force India had their troubles, and it was a real shame that di Resta had to retire in the first lap in his home GP, specially since he was looking strong. Hulkenberg fought hard, but lost a points position when he made a mistake near the end.

Sauber were unlucky with Pérez's "race incident" and Kobayashi trying to emulate Nakajima in his pit stop, which probably costed him a top 10 position.

Petrov couldn't even start the race (didn't even notice during the race since I started to watch it right at the start) and Kovalainen ended in his usual position.

Glock and Pic were in their normal positions too, between the Caterham(s) and the HRTs. And HRT didn't have any kind of pace here. De la Rosa tried to go for a 1 stop strategy, but it didn't work.

Senna had a decent race, took points, but he needs to get the qualifying right.

As for Maldonado...he needs a penalization (a real one), and he needs it soon. He's fast (a slow driver wouldn't have won in Barcelona) but he's reckless. If you punish him now, he might start driving more carefully, but leave it be and he will get even worse. And this incident wasn't intentional, of course, but he shouldn't try to defend on cold tyres, while on the dirty side of the track, in a corner that has a difficult entry. It just won't work. Pérez did the right thing, and left plenty of room for Maldonado, but he couldn't avoid his brain stopping working.

This was a good race again, but I think the excitement of the first races is starting to fade. Red Bull and Ferrari seem to have the best cars right now, with Lotus as a close third and Mercedes showing up if the conditions allow it. McLaren have lost the fight so far, but they certainly have the ability to get back to the top. Even with this, there are still 7, perhaps 8 drivers that still have a chance at the championship (slight chance for some, of course). I hope we can see mid-season twists to keep this interesting.

I was at the track all weekend, walking through the muddy bog that was Silverstone but I dont care, the racing was great all weekend even though I was the only person at Club Corner who was cheering when Schumacher came past and booing when Hamilton and Button came past haha, got some amazing footage and pictures of the weekend which I'm going to post a thread with, however I was happy with Schumi's performance, he managed to keep an okay position despite the fact his car clearly wasn't performing in the dry, I advise anyone who is going to a grand prix to go to Silverstone, it's amazing despite the mud and car-parking problems, the racing is loud and good, saw GP2's flying off the track at 150mph at club, and saw some idiot driving Jackie Stewart's Tyrell manage to get it into the gravel trap where he span it around continouesly like a fool.

The best part wasn't even the racing though, I stormed onto the track, (one of the first people on) and got right to the fence where all the cars were parked, got some amazing close range photographs of all of the cars despite the fact the twats from G4S security tried to stop me, like I was going to go to homebase and build a McLaren in my ****ing driveway lol.

I also even met Sebastien Buemi and got his autograph, he was staying at the same hotel as me.

Amazing weekend.

If you feel like being surprised then take a look on this pic very carefully and find what is wrong. ;)
AxXrEJUCMAAmuGM.jpg

(Sorry I posted this on the wrong topic....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes