2011 World Touring Car Championship

70287_vizjeles.jpg

Team has started in Zolder (fantastic livery :tongue: )

I assume this means Michelisz is now confirmed for the upcoming season?

Looking forward to see him again this year. He showed some mighty speed in 2010, let's only hope he will be back with more consistance this time.

I have been using a free app for iPhone which gives you the latest info about WTCC (all though the updates are quite slow from time to time).

The app is 110% free and is called WTCC. (just go to app store and search for WTCC and it will be the first one on the list)
IMO it is an app worth checking out. (iPhone 4 makes information searching so much easier)

I've just read that the new BMW engine has around 315-320 hp, and the new car is around 2 seconds faster than the old one on an average track. Chevys will probably have the same improvement, but in the same time that means that Seat Leons will have a huge disadvantage at the start of the season this time with their old engines. I have no info about the Volvo yet.

Norbert Michelisz will drive Farfus' BMW from last year, completely rebuilt for this seasons rules. Will be interesting to see what he can do with it! This will be the first time he drives a RWD car. Unfortunately though, he has to miss the first race:(

Its strange that no official statement has been made by BMW with regards to Farfus and Priaulx' future in the series. It seems they have left with silent drums. Looks like their love for touring cars wasn't as big as for former ex-factory drivers as Tarquini and Monteiro in their Seat days.

Maybe Farfus will test the 2012 DTM BMW this year?

Its strange that no official statement has been made by BMW with regards to Farfus and Priaulx' future in the series. It seems they have left with silent drums. Looks like their love for touring cars wasn't as big as for former ex-factory drivers as Tarquini and Monteiro in their Seat days.

Maybe Farfus will test the 2012 DTM BMW this year?

I think it's almost sure they're gonna make the move to DTM with BMW in 2012 and are gonna stick with DTM testings+endurance in 2011. They're closely related to the brand and have been part of both its official endurance and WTCC programs over the last few years.

The FIA World Touring Car Championship round at Marrakech in Morocco has been cancelled due to lack of financial support. The event was supposed to have taken place on the 3rd to 5th of June 2011. The FIA released a statement today regarding the cancellation of the round, reading:

"The Marrakech round of the 2011 FIA WTCC initially scheduled on June 5th was withdrawn from the calendar at the request of the FIA Championship promoter as the local promoter was unable to commit to an agreement for the organisation of the event."

WTCC has raced at Marrakech in Morocco since 2009 and series promotor Marcello Lotti expects a replacement round in central Europe to be ready in two weeks.

"Morocco is the only country in Africa today to host a world-class motorsport event. After all the hard work and the considerable infrastructure investments made by the local promoter and the Government, it is regrettable to see Marrakech dropped from the calendar. I know the organizers did all they could to avoid this sad decision. We are currently in negotiations with a couple of other racetracks in Central Europe to replace the event on the same date. We should be ready to announce the location of the fourth race meeting of the season in two weeks time," said Lotti.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 37 19.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.8%