2011 World Touring Car Championship

Sorry to be a pain, I would like to correct you on these dates.

The official calendar is as follows (see fiawtcc.com/tickets.asp)

18-20 March - Curitiba, Brazil
22-24 April - Zolder, Belgium
14-15 May - Monza, Italy
3-5 June - Marrakech, Morocco
18-19 June - Brno, Czech Republic
1-3 July - Porto, Portugal
15-17 July - Donington Park, United Kingdom
30-31 July - Oschersleben, Germany
3-4 Sept - Valencia, Spain
21-23 Oct- Suzuka, Japan
4-6 Nov - Guangdong, China
17-20 Nov - Macau, Macau

Hmm, quite cool that the BMW is finally using the sequential shifter instead of the H-pattern they have used in the past. Does anybody know if they can run this gearbox during the race season as well.

Thanks for posting this video, excellent.

In previous seasons that would have cost them 30 kg of penalty weight. Do I understand you correctly that this penalty is not longer applied for the BMW's in the '11 season?

What a disappointing calendar, I take it Buenous Aires and Zhaoqing are street circuits again?

Don't know for the Chinese track, but for Buenos Aires they were supposed to use the GP track used in the 50s and between 1995 and 1998. It has been dropped from the final calendar anyway.

I have to say I really love the new calendar. It's fantastic to go to exciting GP tracks like Suzuka or Interlagos. Really makes a change from the dull Curitibia/Aida that looked like they were built for karting.

About Donington replacing Brands, could be really interresting, as Donington usually provides some good racing in BTCC.

E: Seems like Curitibia remains on the calendar instead of Interlagos? Last minute change, or maybe I was wrong, Interlagos was supposed to take the race for 2012 or something?

Suzuka is way too long for touring cars i think.

Any news on the layout used? They might be using one of the shortcuts instead of the full GP layout I belive.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back