2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

Indy will have a Las Vegas challenge this year where a driver outside the series will get $5M(?) for the win. Petter Solberg was reported to be considering it.

He was "approved" by CORPCAR. Gee, what did he have to do?

Probably mouth off a huge sponsor list for the cameras in a single breath. <yawn>

Have ya figured out I don't like MASHCAR?:eek:

<RANT ON>

Now they have that spoiled little girl Danicant there. Oh yeah...that will be great...they break to commercial for the 100th time to hear about feminine hygiene spray....:frown::sleepin:
For me I might watch it if they muzzle DW with a plastic bag.:eek::cool:

<RANT OFF>

:tongue::cool:

He was "approved" by CORPCAR. Gee, what did he have to do?

Probably mouth off a huge sponsor list for the cameras in a single breath. <yawn>

Have ya figured out I don't like MASHCAR?:eek:

<RANT ON>

Now they have that spoiled little girl Danicant there. Oh yeah...that will be great...they break to commercial for the 100th time to hear about feminine hygiene spray....:frown::sleepin:
For me I might watch it if they muzzle DW with a plastic bag.:eek::cool:

<RANT OFF>

:tongue::cool:

Umm... welcome to America?

IMO, this has got nothing to do with the "racing", it's all about the $$$.

Ummm... are you implying that racing isn't about the money? Like... LOL??? Did you live under a rock this entire time? Also, I'm sure Kimi is set for life...

It appears that Kimi, through Ice1, is paying $100,000 US per race to drive in 3 - 5 races for KBM.

He has picked up a sponsor for the first race (Perky Jerky?), which will offset some of that.

Looks like they ran about 400 laps over the past couple of days at Gresham, and I have heard decent reports out of the test.

From ESPN: ...they are already considering Nationwide and Cup races later this year...

Kimi Raikkonen is testing well in NASCAR. So good, in fact, that he is already matching lap times with Kyle Busch, the owner of the truck the Formula One world champion will race. Raikkonen did more testing Thursday in Rockingham, N.C., after two days earlier this week at Gresham Motorsports Park in Georgia attended by Busch. "I got to see it firsthand, and then got to get in the truck myself and run some laps just to kind of see where I compared to where he was at on tires and stuff, and we ran identical lap times. So he's right there, he knows what he's doing."

... wish I would have known this, Rockingham is a stone's throw from my place.

Ummm... are you implying that racing isn't about the money? Like... LOL??? Did you live under a rock this entire time? Also, I'm sure Kimi is set for life...

Not at all. I'm saying there are forms of racing out there that offer more exciting action, with a fraction of the money involved. Do you think, if BTCC drivers wanted money, they would be there? They get paid peanuts in comparison. If he just wanted to race, he could've stayed in WRC, or tried some Touring Cars. But he has chosen to go to, arguably the most sponsor-orientated motorsport there is.

Despite the fact I was brought up on a diet of BTCC and adore V8 Supercars, I also love NASCAR.

Yeh it's horribly 'American' which offends anyone not from that country it seems, but I don;t get the hate for it.

Yeh OK they go round in circles 95% of the time but I don't see how anybody can 200mph racing inches from your competitors and concrete walls boring.

I love watching it. Normally I only watch NSC plus NNS road races but I will watch the Trucks at Charlotte now just to see how he does.

On the subject of Raikonnen, I get the impression he's looking for fulfillment in his life and he obviously gets bored pretty easily.

Title says it all.

Won't be a boring one this weekend :). Lap speeds expected in the 315-320 kmh neighborhood.

Should see more 2-car drafts - not a big fan of that, but it is the way to go fast at the moment.

Ok, living in america has made me a nascar fan. From 1998 to 2005 I've been a diehard nascar fan and I'm not afraid to admit that I enjoyed watching NASCAR back in the earlier days.

This new "let the boys have it" wrecking culture needs to STOP now. Am I honestly the only one who thinks that this has gone a little too far? If I was Bowyer I would be PISSED as hell that I got wrecked because Busch and Harvick was having a lover's spat. Also, what happened in pitlane was RIDICULOUS. What happened if the car sandwiched a pit crew member? What happened when Busch turned Harvick that more cars weren't taken out? Can you imagine how stupid it would be for you to have a good race only to end up with a wrecked car because two low lives can't keep it together?

NASCAR did a pretty good job post 2000 sorting stuff like this out. I know NASCAR has always had a wrecking culture similar to BTCC. But I can remember a LOT of incidents where NASCAR has stepped in out right parked/penalized people doing this in the early 2000s. Sure Shame Hmiel crashed just about everyone back then, but he (imo) was an exception. (He's also banned from NASCAR competition btw)

Honestly, am I the only one who feels this way about NASCAR? This is why I'm not a NASCAR fan anymore.

Turning more and more into a show sport like wrestling :( Unbelievable stupid behavior and I am wondering the same as you what would have happened if somebody got seriously hurt in that pitlane pushing.

It's NASCAR's fault where were the officals? They should have been on the scene with the pit road incident and never let Harvick out of his car. Long time fan here sick of stupidity.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.