2011 Grand Prix motorcycle racing

Must agree what an awsome race for a change its been as dull as f1 racing recently, crutchlow was unlucky he could have had a podium if he stayed on, saying that it could have been anyones lol.

Stoners comment to rossi was a bit cheeky, i'm sure stoner took out rossi a few years ago doing the same thing.

"Your ambition outweigh your talent" ... at least that's what the english commentators quoted. They also said his (Rossis) lap times throughout the race would have been good for 1st place. I watched the race on www.motogp.com, and it was great (as entertainment that is). Moto2 was also great.

Reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo has won the Jerez MotoGP in wet conditions by 19 seconds ahead of compatriot Dani Pedrosa in a race which only had 12 finishers.
Casey Stoner got the holeshot and pulled away on the first lap, with Jorge Lorenzo in second, but neither rider was able to stop Italian Marco Simoncelli taking the lead and opening up a gap.
lorenzo.jpgMeanwhile Valentino Rossi was on a charge for the front, running faster than the leaders. Rossi attempted to pass Stoner into turn one on lap eight, but lost the front on his Ducati and collected the Honda rider.

Stoner was unable to restart the race, but Rossi remounted to finish a remarkable fifth.
Despite having a commanding lead, Simoncelli also lost the front at turn one a few laps later to hand Lorenzo the lead. But the action wasn't over there.
Ben Spies managed to pull back several seconds on Dani Pedrosa, who was now second, and after a few laps overtake the Spaniard, only to crash out several corners later.
This moved Colin Edwards up into third place, only for Edwards to run into the gravel at turn one, also ending his race prematurely. This in turn pushed Hayden on to the podium, who kept it upright to score his first podium on a Ducati.
Cal Crutchlow was riding extremely well and at one stage was upto fifth, until he too lowsided at turn one, but the Brit remounted and brought his Tech 3 Yamaha home in eighth.

1 25 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 141.0 50'49.046
2 20 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 140.1 +19.339
3 16 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 139.7 +29.085
4 13 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 139.6 +29.551
5 11 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 138.2 +1'02.227
6 10 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 137.9 +1'08.440
7 9 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 137.7 +1'14.120
8 8 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 137.4 +1'19.110
9 7 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 136.4 +1'42.906
10 6 21 John HOPKINS USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 136.2 +1'48.395
11 5 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 136.0 +1'51.876
12 4 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 133.6 1 Lap

Incredible race,really gutted for big Marco "Hair Bear Bunch" Simoncelli,but i see Casey "One Time" Stoner's comments to Rossi as bit more than just cheeky,he came across as a snide little weasel,attempting to be cool and arrogant,but just came across as a little **** instead,he really needs to work on his sportsmanship,a public apology to Rossi under direct orders from Honda bosses wouldnt be too unreasonable,or maybe lose some sales,who wants to be associated with a bad sporting machine.....

Great race,Jorge proves his class once more,sour note at the end with dispicable behaviour.

The stewards helped Rossi only, when the two fell, and Stoner has had the bike ready to go, and just to benefit Lorenzo, the stewards did not allow the Stoner's returns to the race, losers.
ps: but yes, a spectacle of race. :cool:

The stewards helped Rossi only, when the two fell, and Stoner has had the bike ready to go, and just to benefit Lorenzo, the stewards did not allow the Stoner's returns to the race, losers.
ps: but yes, a spectacle of race. :cool:

'
You've seen that right!

and to all others, Valentino has his tricks. (early breaking)
Not really a person who shows a spirit of fairness and generosity in sport. Only seems to care to win. Ask all his team mates, for example Lorenzo!

I really hope ducati wins again, i love ducati but not with Valentino on it!

Yup my favorite machine is Ducati too, but hey we need to be realistic what a bad stewards, ok they are spanish, Rossi not have the guilt of what happened, but I was angry with the stewards...but even so, it will be hard to stop Stoner...and about Ducati havn't chance to win i think just in special conditions like sunday...unfortunately.

Simoncelli consistently fastest in FP2

By Tom Cambio -MCN
MotoGP
29 April 2011 15:15

San Carlo Honda Gresini rider Marco Simoncelli was consistently fastest in the second practice session at Estoril, despite finding the limit of the front end of his Honda and crashing at turn 3.
Simoncelli returned to the track on his second bike to maintain the fastest time, holding off an equally consistent Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factor Racing) in second and Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda Team) who finished in third.
Ducati rider Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner (Repsol Honda) finished FP2 on identical laptimes of 1m 38.102s to take fourth and fifth respectively.
British rider Cal Crutchlow (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) ended the session in thirteenth, ahead of Elias, Capirossi, De Puniet and Bautista, who is still recovering from his practice crash at Qatar.

1. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 37.663s
2. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 37.724s
3. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 1m 37.727s
4. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Team 1m 38.102s
5. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 1m 38.102s
6. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 38.203s
7. Karel Abraham CZE Cardio AB Motoracing 1m 38.473s
8. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 38.563s
9. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team 1m 38.596s
10. Hector Barbera SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP 1m 38.611s
11. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 38.645s
12. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1m 38.658s
13. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 38.760s
14. Toni Elias SPA LCR Honda MotoGP 1m 39.912s
15. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 1m 39.021
16. Randy De Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team 1m 39.137s
17. Alvaro Bautista SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1m 40.173s

Lorenzo takes pole position

By Tom Cambio -MCN
MotoGP
30 April 2011 15:02

Yamaha Factory Racing rider Jorge Lorenzo took his first pole position of the season in the last five minutes of qualifying at Estoril, ahead of Marco Simoncelli who had been consistently fast throughout practice and qualifying until a late crash in turn 7.
Dani Pedrosa qualified in third, six tenths of a second in front of his Repsol Honda team mate Casey Stoner. Ben Spies (Yamaha Factory Racing) will start in fifth position, whilst Andrea Dovizioso completes the second row in sixth.
Texan Colin Edwards took seventh, just edging his Monster Tech 3 Yamaha team mate Cal Crutchlow into eighth place. Brit Crutchlow gave an impressive performance having not ridden the circuit before and qualified ahead of Valentino Rossi.
Having set the fastest time in the third practice session this morning, Loris Capirossi (Pramac Racing Team) will start from fourteenth on the grid.

1. Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 37.161s
2. Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 37.294s
3. Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team 1m 37.324s
4. Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team 1m 37.384
5. Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 37.866s
6. Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team 1m 38.073s
7. Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 38.080s
8. Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 38.189s
9. Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 301.4 1m 38.271s
10. Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP 1m 38.363s
11. Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 38.497s
12. Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 1m 38.786s
13. Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team 1m 38.922s
14. Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team 1m 38.934s
15. Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1m 39.172s
16. Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team 1m 39.378s
17. Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP 1m 39.894s

lorenzo.jpg

Hi Guys,

Just finnished watching the race. Well done to Dani Pedrosa. I'm amazed how he just pulled away from Lorenzo with around 2 laps to go. Unlucky for Rossi getting beaten on the line by around 200th of a second by Dovizioso! Also, well done to Cal Crutchlow.

Definiately good to see Dani's shoulder problems are out of the way; thought the race was pretty boring - especially after watching the 2006 race just before :D Moto 2 race was good as usual though :thumb:

Reigning MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo became embroiled in an incredible war of words with Italian rival Marco Simoncelli earlier during the post qualifying press conference in Estoril.
The pair had a frank exchange of views after Simoncelli was questioned about comments made by Spaniard Lorenzo yesterday in Portugal.

That made me laugh, thought there was going to be a bit of hand bag swinging for a moment...:wink: Apparently Pedrosa who was sitting next to Lorenzo was pissing himself laughing.....:wink:

Yamaha apparently forgot something in Spies' bike that prevented him from braking effectively, leading to his crash. What kind of joke is that?

It was one of the less interesting GP races since nobody was going to keep up with Pedrosa & Lorenzo. Actually even Lorenzo wasn't going to keep up with Pedrosa if he had started behind him. I'm happy for Pedrosa as he's been so unlucky with his injuries.

In Moto2 has anyone not told Sofuoglu to save his tires a bit? He should have ridden it comfortably to 4th place.
What was Marquez thinking?

Hilarious stuff,i really like both of them and enjoyed the little off track comedy battle :),personal fueds and rivalries are a long standing tradition in bike racing,its all good clean fun.

I wish they argued like them in F1 too :D, stop being so formal and let drivers express their feelings! (Of course no punching or kicking :D, just the words :D)

P.S: How Marco manages to get his hair into his helmet? :S

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back