2011 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 driver investigations in one race for one driver? Hamilton has lost the plot and needs to be reined in before he kills someone
2 of him he's fault the one involving his team mate was a genuine race incident.

Safety is out because of the Heavy Rain Poor, something tells me this is going to be a Loong interesting race.

It was avoidable, It was Hamilton with the visibility why not just back off when you see the door rapidly closing because the guy in front can't see you. Maybe the stewards will call it a racing incident when they investigate after the race but he's been under investigation far too many times this season.

Where have the times gone where races just started and not constantly interrupted by sponsored safety cars?
Just drive and let the bravest pilot win!! Joke of a GP again!

Hamilton in denial again in his interview, both Brundle and Coulthard questioned his view with Coulthard saying he wouldn't want to go "halfsies" with his chocolate bar if Hamilton thought he was halfway along Button lol

But it was a racing incident guys. Even though one crashed out and that being Lewis himself. First incident declared racing incident aswell. Could have received drive through due to the speed trap during safety car. All this is racing and thats why I support this dude.

Nothing will come out of the Stewards office after the race. I'll be massively surprised if a penalty is issued with Jenson's contact. It was all unfolding clearly, Lewis got a massive drive outta the last turn.

I will stop supporting someone ala Schuey for deliberately crashing into others but Lewis hasnt yet. And lets hope he doesnt go the low.

people will say it was was Hamilton's fault as he could have backed off, Button can say he never saw Lewis, in wet weather it's very hard to determine not to mention Lewis was a hell lot faster.

Why didn't lewis see he would have got cut out there by Jenson as he had the racing line?

Well Lewis was half way down the car thinking he could overtake, jenson didn't see him?

It's a genuine Race incident imo , there are 2 sides to every story, just remember lewis loves to overtake anyone even his team mate, we saw that in Malaysia.

I agree. Racing incident. I had a look at it in slow motion. Button checks his left mirror at which point it seems as if Hamilton is just following him down the straight. Then as he looks ahead he moves left (as this is the racing line) and at that precise moment Hamilton swings out for the attempted pass and gets squeezed.

Button was suprised as he really didn't expect it and how could he. It seemed as if Hamilton was just following. I'm pretty sure Hamilton also thought that Jenson was being an ass and from where he was sitting you'd tend to agree. The truth is it was just bad timing.

I'm just hoping the race finishes b4 I have to head off to work!!!!

As for Lewis. I'm not a fan at all, but I think it's a bit harsh on him today. Not sure about the Safety car speeding thing as that all seems a bit complicated. Webber incident was 50/50. Both braked well enough for turn 1. Webber left a bit of room and Lewis just got on it a bit too soon and understeered into him. Not intentional, but possibly viewed as avoidable. Incident with Button was a bit silly. Yes he'll say he was halfway past, but he must know himself that even if Jenson had seen him, with all that spray and vibrations he surely wouldn't have realised that Lewis was actually beside him!! I doubt Jenson would risk theirs and others safety if he did!!

It's just a bigger issue because he's been in trouble quite a bit this season, although at Monaco again he was harshly treated.

Wont make me a fan of him, but I do understand his frustration.

The question is how many 'racing incidents' does a driver have, that many more than less experienced drivers, more than anyone else before you start to question that drivers mindset and worry for the safety of his fellow competitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back