2011 | 24 Hours of Nordschleife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to all the organising team, the broadcast team and fellow drivers for making this a great event!

Even though our team only made it to around the 6-7 hour mark, I know our drivers really enjoyed the event, especially talking about all sorts of things on Teamspeak. That's the sort of stuff that makes online Endurance racing so fun to me. :D

Can't wait for future events!

Quick race report from my POV:

I followed Jonathan Motterham on TS and spectating, and was there for his FPS problems to develop. We decided that I would jump in the car and take a three hour stint, until Bradley could have a go. For some reason, the car didn't fill up properly when we made our driverswap, so I had to refuel 2 laps after. I had one spin at the corner where we rejoin the GP track just after we cut away the farthest section (if that descirption made any sense at all) and I had one coming out of one of the longer right handers just before the slowest part of the track (the right left right combination). The first spin was harmless, as there was plenty of runoff area, but the second one I soiled myself while in the process. I had just been lapped by a Spyker (Boy Van Der Laar if I am not mistaking) and spun right behind him. I still managed to keep it off the walls and I didn't damage the car :D

I think I pulled into the pits on lap 14, because my rear tires were beginning to let me down, and I didn't want to wreck the car during my first race for Optimum Motorsport. Bradley took over, and I went on to have another league race on Race 07 (where I didn't do that well). When I was done, I immediatly switched to the broadcast, and then I saw Bradley and Jonatan in the chatbox, so I figured we were out. Which was correct. Was quite disappointed that I wouldn't be able to do any night laps, but oh well.

Thank you RaceDepartment for organizing this entire event, and to all the guys in the Broadcast Booth. You guys did an amazing job :)

Thank you for organizing this event, and broadcast of course.

Our grid position was 14th. We haven't got any time on qualy, so we expect for few slower teams/drivers before us, and hard first stint.

Szabolcs Pethe did his best in his first 2 stints, and the end of his 2. stint (last lap) he's got front right puncture ( i think) and he lost his splitter on the GP track. It was quite dangerous in the corners, so he had to go to pitting. Luckily my bro waiting for swap on the server so we can do a "quick" swap.
Attila did a nice 4 stints, without any big mistakes.

Gábor Szabó was the fastest driver in the team, and now he was faster than few teams who was before us. That time we are on 5. place. He did very good ~1.7 stints and then comes problems. Gábor lost his concentrating and he wrecked the car somewhere in the hell. So we had to made a full service pitting and swapping the driver. Tamás Cseh swapped Gábor and again a big problem. Tamás has got problem with his steering wheel, and he is wrecked the car too.

On our TS there was very good mood in whole race until this, in this moment everybody get confused:confused: , because we had a strategy for driver swap, who when comming.
I explain this :) Here is the first swap strategy:
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/120329/99095399kimikor_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
2. but not final: http://kepfeltoltes.hu/120331/kimikor2_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
In few minutes we figured out what could we do. Quick swap again Szabolcs comes, he lost 15-20 seconds in every lap. Our guys in the box went sleep so they doesn't made the whole car :eek:
At midnight, Szabolcs did 2 stable stints, and János Hegyvári swapped him. He lost his splitter but luckily Gábor on the server and they can made swap. He caught the 4. place when he gave the car for me. In the first lap i crashed a little bit with the wall and the topspeed is gone, so we did a swap-swap :cool: again and the car get back the topspeed.

After 2 stints János comes because i felt me very bad ( i'm still sick :mad: ). He did he's stints very good no mistakes, no spins.
I finished the race. We were very happy when we heared and saw 2 teams eliminated, whose before us.
We are finished in 2. place.
I think everybody won, who finished this event.
Congratulations for this teams ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play