2010 World Touring Car Championship

huffandmuller.jpg
The Chevrolet WTCC team successfully completed all the work scheduled for the two-day testing session held on Monday and Tuesday on the Ricardo Tormo circuit near Valencia. Despite Spain being also affected by the wave of bad weather that has hit the whole continent, conditions were excellent for testing activity on Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning.[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK] Yvan Muller and Rob Huff carried an intense program of work, aimed at testing different balance solutions and optimizing set-ups.

Yvan Muller, the new recruit of the Chevrolet WTCC squad for 2010, proved he is already perfectly integrated in his new team and completely at ease with the Cruze, despite having discovered the car only very recently.

The Valencia test also marked the debut on track of Graham Watson, who joined RML last week as the new Team Manager of the Chevrolet WTCC programme, succeeding Mark Busfield in this role. Watson, 42, is new to WTCC racing but brings to the Chevrolet team his long experience in motorsports at the highest level, having served in Formula 1 for many years, in teams such as Benetton and BAR.

The Cruzes will be testing again next week, on 20-21 January, in the Algarve, this time with Alain Menu and Yvan Muller sharing driving duties, before undergoing final preparation ahead of the 2010 WTCC opening event in Curitiba (6-7 March) and being sea-shipped to Brazil at end of this month.

Source | Chevrolet Europe

etc09102601.jpg

James Thompson will expand his monstrous schedule in 2010 and race DTC, STCC, ETCC and also selected rounds in WTCC together with Hartman Racing and their Honda.

"Last season was a busy one but we're going to give it a go again this year," Thompson said at AUTOSPORT International. "One of the disappointing things having done so much last year was that I couldn't win any of the titles."

[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]"I was leading the Danish and it would have been fantastic for my team to win it, but I was only committed to five of seven rounds and missing the last two meant we only finished third, so this year we'll try to make amends for that."

Thompson who won a race with the Honda at Imola 2008 is aiming to repeat that feat.

"I've got the chance to win three championships and maybe have a go at winning another world championship race in the Honda, obviously Brands Hatch is somewhere I know very well."

Awesome to see JT back in the Honda! It was a great move for the Lada team to contract him, but somehow he didnt fit there for my personal feeling!

Let's hope that if his season is succesful that Honda will finally extend their stay in the WTCC.

There were some rumours that said that Tom might go drive GT2 in 2010. Its incredibly silent at the moment though.

Personally i hope he stays in WTCC and gets that TDI (bah!) so at least he could fight finally for the podium and overal championship.

Has Menu been actually confirmed by Chevy yet? i have heard Muller is now #1 driver and Menu wasnt at the test in Valencia either where as Huff and Muller were.

I have just read from someone that Lada arent taking part in this years WTCC which is sad because they were really getting somewhere last year. WTCC seems to be dying in front of our very eyes and no one can do anything about it :(

its wierd WTCC is going downhill but all the time STCC, DTC and BTCC are growing back to their former (for BTCC at least) strength because 2009 was an amazing season for BTCC and it looks like this year may top that.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%