2010 World Touring Car Championship

It will more than likely be Loeb again, but what I'd give to see Hirvonen (long deserving, been playing second best for too long) or Raikkonen (imagine the WRC newbie winning? That could breathe new life into the sport, or ruin it).

Well, maybe they are not the most popular or best tracks out there, but it adds a lot of colour to the series. :)
Why does it add colour to the serie? :)
I dont like street tracks in general, since there is just too much crashing and normally not very good racing.
Curitiba is just one of the most boring tracks i have ever seen for some reason. And if i remember right, Puebla doesn't bring very good racing but a lot of pushing and incidents because the track is so twisty.

If they want races outside of europe and asia they could drive on some fun tracks instead.
Like Mid-Ohio, Mosport, Barber or Laguna Seca for North America. Interlagos for South America and Kyalami for Africa.
There are some amazing tracks in Australia as well :)

City tracks are one of the most succesful events for WTCC races Douglas. Wasn't it Porto in 2007 where 250,000 spectators paid to see the races? If you compare those visitor streams with a regular track event its obvious why the KSO chooses such tracks to run their events on. Pau might not be super racing on TV (hench they invented a safety car) but the event is a blast for locals and very very professionally organized by a small group of dedicated people.

20t34ll.jpg
WTCC will have a new team in the privateer class next season. Company X Racing will enter two BMW 320si's. Who will drive the two bimmers is yet to be decided but the team has apprached a number of drivers.
[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
Team boss Dan Alexander has high hopes for the upcoming season and aims to be fighting with the works teams and even race wins.

wtcc08121701.jpg
After spending one year with rival team Wiechers-Sport, Stefano D'Aste is going to return to Proteam Motorsport.

"I am really happy I have received this offer from Proteam. We have managed to find a deal soon as we have the same goal: achieving the best possible results without wasting money," said D'Aste.
[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
D'Aste raced for Proteam Motorsport during the years 2005, 2006 and 2008.

Team boss Valmiro Presenzini is pleased to have D'Aste back in the team.

"I am very pleased with our agreement. With D'Aste back in the team we can look at the next season with a lot of expectations," said team boss Presenzini.

[touringcartimes]

Back and forth, back and forth :) D'Aste is one of those drivers that i can't rank actually. Is he good or is he not? Never seen any outstanding performances of him the last years, but overall he is performing well in the independents trophy all the time.

15x06ly.jpg
Yvan Müller (40) made his debut today for Chevrolet, driving his first meters in the 2010 Cruze at Valencia’s Circuito Ricardo Tormo in Spain.

After winning the world championship in 2008 with SEAT Leon TDI Müller was last years runner-up behind italian ace Gabriele Tarquini. Both fought for the title until the last round in Macau. Right after the race Müller left SEAT and signed a contract with Chevy.
[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]With 10 victories since his first season in 2006 Muller is one of the series most succesful drivers and is this year looking for a new shot at title.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%