2010 Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petrov earned his drive for 2011. McLaren did well, RBR were strong all season and should be well developed for next season. Hopefully Webber will be infront next time, I am a RBR fan that favours Webber, however, Vettel's emotion means alot to everyone that supports this team. Him crying and saying "I love you" to his team sends chills down my spine personally.

Great touch, next season, Renault will be a front-running team, Kubic is unbelivably consistant,so is Nico Rosberg, Mercedes should be strong. Ferrari.. Well I don't like their morales and tactics but they get results.

RBR clean sweep for 2010, strongest car, deserved it, best drivers too. Vettel has been unbelivable and Webber's mid-season form was the best run I've seen since 2006.

This is exactly why Alonso is my favourite driver in F1, e No.1 status in the team which won't help Mark at all. I would be very surprised if he can come back next year to win

If it wasn't for badluck with the pitstop, FALONSO would be 3XWDC, and who can really predict the longterm outcome of a pitstop, even Brundle thought Ferrari should react....anyway, nothing to stop him next yr, and it shows the value of consistent scoring.
There's no question that Vettel is better than Webber IMO, he's a champ without doubt, but Mark just needs to regroup and get lucky, he'll be in one of the best cars, but if he doesn't WDC next yr, then it's unlikely to ever happen.

Vettels problem next yr is what happens if FALONSO and Hamo are fast again, as Vettel can crack under pressure, and think of Hamo's badluck, in fact, wasn't he coming 2nd in Spain for a DNF....18 points down the drain.

It is beyond me why ferrari were reacting to a driver who was not only behind alonso but also behind 3 other cars and was also going to come out in all the traffic, most of whom had already stopped and were going the distance on the primes.

Ferrari should have been more concerned with the cars in front of them, namely vettel. Surely at the very least they needed to wait a few laps to see how the traffic was going to affect webber. Even if he came out just behind webber and webber ended up by some miracle passing all the cars in front of him including button, hamilton and vettel which quite obviously was never going to happen based on webbers pace, or lack of it, alonso only needed to match webber and stay right behind him.

Just a stupid mistake that was not thought through by Ferrari.

F1 is just so awesome at the moment.
Who can think of ever having so many drivers fighting for the top spot so close to the end???

Think back a few years & we had crowds lacking in attendance when it was either the McLaren's dominating, or the Ferrari/Schumi roadshow cleaning up at every event. People were getting bored with the processional racing series it had become. 2010 has seen a new, revitalised F1 with real excitement and fresh talent.

I'm so glad I decided to get SKY-TV hooked up for this season, money well spent, that's for sure.

As for next season, there is something in the back of my mind telling me that Schumacher is going to be back in a bigger way than he appeared this year. His 2010 car/chassis was one that was not designed around his driving style & as such we saw his team mate, who was much more implemental in the car's development, beating Michael almost constantly. However, the last few races seemed to show a change around so perhaps Michael's input is now coming to the fore. Also, I heard a comment from the English commentators saying that they have noticed that Michael really seems to be Pushing harder now, taking further risks like he once did before.

So for 2011, we have the Red Bulls looking strong, The Ferrari's, McLaren's and perhaps Renault & Mercedes all looking to be in good point's scoring positions. Let's see what the Winter testing can bring us.

I can't wait, it's going to be awesome.

Sorry but I have to defend Eje Elgh and Jan Blomqvist on this one.
They know what they talk about and they should, Eje Elgh has a long racing backround in sports cars and openwheel series he knows what he talks about, Jan hasn't got that but he has done this for 8-9 years and is doing it very well.
And they are not biased towards any team not are they talking bad about drivers.

I know they got alot of experience but sometime they are just talking crap which I can't understand why. But the worst part is that this 2 talk as if they are robots with no emotions at all. When ever they try to they sound worse then before.

So much arguing.... it seems to me obvious that Ferrari's strategists, much like the press in the lead up to the race, fixated on Webber as the threat. They reacted to a man running behind rather then the one in front. On that score they did well. They played their cards to keep him ahead of Webber and he was ahead of Webber. They did a good job, just the wrong job.

Keeping in mind that if Alonso had been able to get past Petrov, then he would have to pass Kubica and Rosberg. Seeing as he could not get past Petrov I can't imagine he would have passed those two who were both obviously quicker. That makes the whole Petrov thing irrelevant and just an excuse. He was beat fairly last night by the car/driver/strategy package of 6 others, no matter how you say it.

So much arguing.... it seems to me obvious that Ferrari's strategists, much like the press in the lead up to the race, fixated on Webber as the threat. They reacted to a man running behind rather then the one in front. On that score they did well. They played their cards to keep him ahead of Webber and he was ahead of Webber. They did a good job, just the wrong job.

Keeping in mind that if Alonso had been able to get past Petrov, then he would have to pass Kubica and Rosberg. Seeing as he could not get past Petrov I can't imagine he would have passed those two who were both obviously quicker. That makes the whole Petrov thing irrelevant and just an excuse. He was beat fairly last night by the car/driver/strategy package of 6 others, no matter how you say it.

I am ferrari supporter.. but if there is anyone out here who is saying that alonso and ferrari didnt win becoz of petrov.. then that person aint a real f1 fanatic.. alonso was clearly beaten by petrov.. ferrari screwed in the crucial moment.. but what the heck its over.. and the best thing is Vettel is the WDC.. im sure there will many more to come from this bloke.. he is real talent.. and had he not had the bahrain, australia, turkey, korea issues wouldnt he be the WDC by far??? so there is no reason who deserved it more than him.. but i will give credit to alonso so for awesome try from the 2nd half of the season.. dont know who won or lost.. but F1 did win for sure this year..

He deserved to win the tittle as he was the fastest man out there all year round.
This petrov crap is just dumb,
Its a race its as simple as that, People cant expect other driver to let others pass because its what they wish for that would make the hole concept of a race pointless, Alonso lost live with it.

I'm happy for Vettel and I'm sorry for Alonso and much more for Webber as he has been sacrificed to eliminate Alonso with title aspirations. Red Bull use their intelligence and Ferrari made a big mistake and they were the drivers' championship. However this has been the world's best in years. Alonso will win the world again, but it will be difficult.

• dottore_46

Congratulations to the winner

I don't really think Vettel is a deserved winner but, anyway congratulations to him. The championship was actually delivered to him by Ferrari with a low-standing strategy. After Webber (sacrified by his team) is behind traffic, and Massa didn't manage to make his job (overtaking Webber), Alonso should have stayed on track, right behind Button, probably getting third position after the chequered, as first planned.
Nevertheless, congratulations specially for Dr Marko, after treating Webber as nutts. And they say (Red Bull) they don't believe in team orders... Indeed, they don't give orders, they don't need to... they directly moved their best pilot out of the way.

two red bull teamwork beated one ferrari. if mark havent been tyre problem he wouldnt come in pit early.and alonso have won maybe

Fernando beated Schumi two times and wasn't luck believe me, just remember 130R at Suzuka among many other great momments... and I was cheering for the Kaiser at the time too.
But you have Massa, an F1 driver with a lot of experience, 2008 title runner up in the same car, and look how he performed... if Ferrari could fight until the end was because three things:
A) Red Bull weird driver management
B) Red Bull mechanical problems
C) Fernando Alonso drive
But at the end the best team/driver binomia won, as every year.
Hi
In season 2006 Schumi passed Fernando on the track in Corea and was clearly much faster than him , if you remember Brazil 2006 he made all GP whit qualify times, Fernado never did something to remember that's why in my view is not a talent he is a good solid driver and if is supported by team he can do well but nothing special, what he did in 2007 and 2008 absloutely nothing remacable, Schumi won his firsts 2 titles showing everybody that he was the best, he raced and won against Senna in first 3 GP of 1994.
About Massa watching him in red suit make me think, this is someone who find a Ferrari suit somewhere he can't be an official driver.
If Enzo Ferrari was still here for sure Massa would be fired after test at Fiorano as he hired someone like Gilles Villeneuve only after two laps at the circuit and guess he also made a 180° this is what history said.
In conclusion i think anyway that we have to enjoy the show, and to hope it will be even better, and the sport we love would remain full of people who think sprtily i was so sad when i saw this year people in box exult for the engine broke of Vettel this is really bad for F1.
As we saw whit yesterday Micheal accident those guys risk them lifes for real out there, so they all deserve huge respects.
Anyway what you said is the same thing Schumi said at Top Gear on BBC, to win everthing must be perfect, car, team, driver and this is very diffcult, if even the littel stupid thing happen you end up looking like a poor dumb.
Just to make you an exemple if you recall when Fisichella jump on the red car last year he was so bad that people could say "is he a driver ?" and in the previews Belgium GP he was close to win.
Kinds Regards
Giacomo Ferrari fan but first of all fan of F1.

It was a secret team order by Red Bull...

Webber goes in to get Alonso behind traffic. And it worked congratz...

In my opinion it now fair between ferrari and Red bull. They both uses team orders, but just in different ways.. I may be a Williams supporter next year, they got nakajima :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes