2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great day to be Northern Irish/Irish or Scottish :D I'm glad all the pundits have egg on their faces, I hate it when they waste my TV time with ad after ad about winning the world cup, I'm so glad they are doing badly... not that I hate england the country, I just hate all the hype that happens to everything english...so annoying.

as much as last statistics show....it won't happen unless they play well together.......it is as messy as France was...and those guys are out already
Even the US is playing much better than them.

I have a feeling that the underdogs that have a big chance for the finals are the Latin American teams (Mexico, Uruguay and Paraguay)..

as much as last statistics show....it won't happen unless they play well together.......it is as messy as France was...and those guys are out already
Even the US is playing much better than them.

I have a feeling that the underdogs that have a big chance for the finals are the Latin American teams (Mexico, Uruguay and Paraguay)..

We tend to play better against European teams because they play at a lower tempo than say an algerian team playing at 100% to try and get a win or a draw against us or an US team who put everyman behind the ball when we get possession. But still we sucked badly today it wasnt even funny.

Pff Engeland was horrible last night.
Still amazed that the biggest Football country in the world dont have a decent keeper.
Perfect example of buying everything instead training young keepers. Good maybe for the League but a death sentence for country on a WC.

Hope Holland can win today. 3 points are more important then good football. :)

Here in Portugal, we felt really terrible about the Portuguese exhibition against Côte d'Ivoire, but after watch Spain, France and Germany losing and the English performances , seems like we are all in the same boat. A sinking one.

Here in Portugal, we felt really terrible about the Portuguese exhibition against Côte d'Ivoire, but after watch Spain, France and Germany losing and the English performances , seems like we are all in the same boat. A sinking one.

Hehe, very true....it wouldn't surprise me to see a country like Serbia, Ghana, Uruguay or Mexico is the final if I'm honest. Which will do wonders for the sport as I think most of us are a bit sick of the same 6 or 7 times being the only likely winners.

Didn't they say the same in the 2000's? When Richard Wright was hot and all. And they were still playing with Seaman. And what has happened to mr Wright?!
I dunno, I was 6 then :D

Problem with England is, simple, the manager. He can't communicate properly with the players as he can't speak really fluent English, and has players playing in the wrong positions. He played Milner first game, he's a natural right midfielder but can play pretty good on the left, but before the game he missed the last three training sessions before match day, and Capello puts him straight into the team, he played pretty poor. Then instead of bringing the only true natural left midfielder on in Joe Cole, who I must add is a very quality player and probably played the best in the warmup matches out of the whole team, he puts another natural right midfielder in the left position, did okay but not the best.

This situation is the same with other players, like Gerrard playing on the left int he last game, where he played pretty poor, why not just put Cole in there? He then insists on sticking with Heskey, who only scored like 3 goals last season, and is only good at holding up the ball, he can't score, or cross, no real creativity. 26 goals for Bent and he gets dump after only playing 45 minutes. And Rooney very poor game, he just leaves him on and don't change his tactics at all during the Algeria game to change things, to try get the team to play better, until 7 minutes to go,which is all to late.

He gets the team playing like an Italian team which really don't suit the players, qualifying was easy but come the big games we seeing the negative effects of his tactics & decisions. Also Dawson statistically was the best centre back in the preimer league last year, he should be playing instead of who's been partnering Terry so far, sure he don't have international experience yet, but he's gotta be tried out sooner rather then later.

Anyway you get the idea, and rant over.

I think Argentina played the best so far, but lets see who goes through these groups, as there could be some big teams going out allready.

Impressive how after the first 30 min of hard game, with chances for both sides, it became so easy.

Sometimes lucky also matters and scoring at the right time, just hope we don’t leave there all our goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes