2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always had a soft spot for France, mainly because of that '98 '00 team that was so sublime, and also Zizou. But my word what a shambolic display of football this was, I mean that in the purest sense. If this was their way of somehow saving some sort of grace from all the **** they caused.... Not one player showed up this whole campaign, not one. I'm not french but I'm ashamed for their fans, really bad form French National team.

IMO I dont even think an overhaul of the team has to happen, all these players have to go home sit down in front of a mirror and take a long look at themselves and ask if this is how you show the spirit of your nation's footballing talent on the pitch. Now we can all see that a single player like Zidane can really change not only a game, but an entire campaign. What sort of magic did that man make in 06 when he took practically single handed the whole team to the final.

As a fan of the team, their type of football, their iconic players I'm unabashedly ashamed and angry at their performance. I wonder how Zizou, Platini and co feel after seeing something like that.

RANT OVER

PS. this is not meant to offend any of our French members it's just my opinion.

Always had a soft spot for France, mainly because of that '98 '00 team that was so sublime, and also Zizou. But my word what a shambolic display of football this was, I mean that in the purest sense. If this was their way of somehow saving some sort of grace from all the **** they caused.... Not one player showed up this whole campaign, not one. I'm not french but I'm ashamed for their fans, really bad form French National team.

IMO I dont even think an overhaul of the team has to happen, all these players have to go home sit down in front of a mirror and take a long look at themselves and ask if this is how you show the spirit of your nation's footballing talent on the pitch. Now we can all see that a single player like Zidane can really change not only a game, but an entire campaign. What sort of magic did that man make in 06 when he took practically single handed the whole team to the final.

As a fan of the team, their type of football, their iconic players I'm unabashedly ashamed and angry at their performance. I wonder how Zizou, Platini and co feel after seeing something like that.

RANT OVER

PS. this is not meant to offend any of our French members it's just my opinion.

I'm french and i'm totally agree with you. I can say one thing, this football team is a shame! Here in France, all the medias call them "le désastre" (*the disaster)

England was quite good today, though we have to admit that Slovenia was sleeping during the first ~75 minutes of the match. They really did some awful mistakes, especially weird to see on a world cup!

Well done US for the win against Algeria! LOL just switched channels at the end of the England-Slovenia match, to see the goal!:)

England was quite good today, though we have to admit that Slovenia was sleeping during the first ~75 minutes of the match. They really did some awful mistakes, especially weird to see on a world cup!

Well done US for the win against Algeria! LOL just switched channels at the end of the England-Slovenia match, to see the goal!:)

Have to disagree with you there Peter, England was the best out of two crappy teams today. We can see now that Rooney is for sure not 100%, and if he keeps getting played IMO he will cause problems for the team his head is just not in the WC. Joe Cole should be a starter, hes definitely a game changer. England created little, watched the game and Gerrard and co in midfield look tired passes are not accurate. This was not a vintage performance from a team that performed so well in the prequally's.

England need much more of a killer instinct and need to speed up their game play. Against teams like Brazil, and Argentina (to name a few) this English team look like they are playing in slow motion.

England will be mince-meat for Germany... they are looking good! Muller, Ozil, Schwinsteiger (who is yet to come alive this WC yet) and Podolski and their defence is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes