2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the Vuvuzela is much more of a problem than you would actually think.
It takes away 50% of the fun for me which is the complete atmosphere.
You don't get ANY feeling when watching the WC in tv.
Constantly the same NOISE for 90 consecutive minutes? The FIFA will have to do something about this.

I think congratulations to Japan are in order.

Not the greatest match Ive ever seen but a well deserved win for them on foreign turf.

and I agree holland game was very boring.

I thought Japan v Cameroon game was ok, I didnt see Holland v Denmark but would be pleased with a 2-0 if I was Dutch, as for the vuvuzelas I have got used to them, they are not going to be banned so embrace them, it`s the only way, now where is my recording of 10000 Bees, I am missing them already.

Hup Holland Hup!

Not a good game from Holland, but enough for now. Holland must get through with 3 wins in this poule, im not stunned from what i've seen from Denmark, Cameroon and Japan.

and concerning the Vuvuzela's: it is a habit within the South African Football culture, you cannot forbid that. Its the same as forbidding dutch people wearing Orange clothing during a football match or forbidding Liverpool fans to sing "walk on" before the match.

Im already used to the constant buzz of the Vuvuzela: Just get used to it guys :)

Here a tip for those guys who dislike the vuvuzela:

you can get me back on track in a bit.

Sadly, not tonight..but just you wait until next week Dave :evil:

Hup Holland Hup!

Not a good game from Holland, but enough for now. Holland must get through with 3 wins in this poule, im not stunned from what i've seen from Denmark, Cameroon and Japan.

and concerning the Vuvuzela's: it is a habit within the South African Football culture, you cannot forbid that. Its the same as forbidding dutch people wearing Orange clothing during a football match or forbidding Liverpool fans to sing "walk on" before the match.

Im already used to the constant buzz of the Vuvuzela: Just get used to it guys :)

Here a tip for those guys who dislike the vuvuzela:

I'll try that :D

Sorry to say, but not really true, Maussie.
The Vuvuzela is not a part of African football culture.
In fact, it was only used to scare off wild animals till some business man had the idea to use it as an instrument for football.
This for me does not make it a traditional instrument.
Besides that, it discriminates all other kind of supporting instruments or e.g the singing of the fans.
Because of the African "tradition" which still not really is one, you can't hear any of the other stuff e.g the English singing "walk on" or South-American drums or whatever.

Sorry to say, but not really true, Maussie.
The Vuvuzela is not a part of African football culture.
In fact, it was only used to scare off wild animals till some business man had the idea to use it as an instrument for football.
This for me does not make it a traditional instrument.
Besides that, it discriminates all other kind of supporting instruments or e.g the singing of the fans.
Because of the African "tradition" which still not really is one, you can't hear any of the other stuff e.g the English singing "walk on" or South-American drums or whatever.

I did not say that it's African culture; From what i've heard the Vuvuzela is a typical South African thing and common in south african (sport)events. imo we just need to adjust and live with it; after july 11 the World Cup is over and we leave the Vuvuzela behind in SA. Banning the Vuvuzelas from the WC stadiums now would be a really stupid thing to do.

Lets get back on topic: World Cup Football :)

Italy (like i expected) disappointing , if they keep playing like this they won't come far this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 207 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%