2010 British Touring Car Championship

Engine:
• 300+bhp 2-litre turbo-charged direct-injection engine with ‘fly by wire’ throttle control.
• Low cost to develop, build, buy and maintain – either by teams and/or race engine-builders developing their own, or through lease/purchase of the TOCA-BTCC engine
• Engine can be sourced from a manufacturers broad ‘family’ range, including subsidiary marques under their effective control.
• Over-boost function and increased power output from 2013.

YRC.jpg
YourRacingCar.com was conceived to get fans much more involved with motorsport, and this weekend they will join the BTCC grid at Silverstone.

YourRacingCar.com have teamed up with Special Tuning UK, and will be running a SEAT Leon with the new NGTC engine, the first time this engine has been tried in a different chassis than a Vectra.

Driving the car will be reigning Clio Cup Champion Phil Glew.

“This is a big jump for YourRacingCar and it is a good opportunity for me to build a relationship with YRC for the future, as the BTCC is where I want to be,” the 27-year-old said. “I have been successful in other championships, and British Touring Cars is the next step. I'm the reigning Clio Cup Champion, so it works well to be joining forces with a team that is moving up from the Clio Cup and it is thanks to my sponsors at Glasurit, 3 in 1 and WD-40 that we have been able to team up with YourRacingCar to make this possible.

YourRacingCar is a fantastic and exciting concept as it gives fans the opportunity to have added involvement with a team, and if we can go out there and get a good result, it will be a massive bonus to them. If I was a fan, then YourRacingCar is certainly something I'd want to be involved in.”

Hannah James, YourRacingCar.com's team principle said “We're a passionate bunch of people. The BTCC has always been the dream for YRC and all our incredibly loyal fan sponsors. It's with thanks to every member who forked out £25 this year and the faith shown in us by Talent Works, Glasurit, WD-40, 3 in 1 and SEATCupra.net that we can do this in the way we wanted to, with a car that we believe in and that we're committed to developing for the future."

Fans who wish to sign-up to support YourRacingCar can do so by visiting www.yourracingcar.com, where they can benefit from a special BTCC offer. For £18, supporters can get their picture on the YourRacingCar SEAT Leon whilst also picking up an exclusive YRC t-shirt designed by Unlap.

I have to say I love this idea. I'll be signing up as I get some cash :) I wonder when they'll try for F1 lol

thanks for writing the follow up story on this, I forgot to write up a article on this so thanks for doing this, great job Tim :)

Hello Readerzzzz, its been a while since I posted a update on the BTCC and the Team Aon Restrictor point. Well here is a update to both of them.

Round 7 was raced at the brilliantly fast Silverstone National circuit, a place where the speed was needed more than ever and for the fords, this was the best track for them all season, 3 fast straights where the torque could be the benefit and in qually they dominated procedings having a 1 - 2 and again the pace of the chevy cruze in the braking zones and the corners meant it could lock out the 2nd row. Things didnt go so well for Matt Neal but crucially he managed to get into 5th just behind Jason Plato in 4th. After qually they race directors and TOCA had a sit down and decided something had to happen to stop the fords going some half a second faster on race day. So with imediate effect they brough their turbo boost levels down and put a 0.7mm restrictor on to stop the turbo from producing so much power. This angered the ford drivers, but the other drivers were still not happy bunnies to learn that they would still romp away down the straights on race day.

In race one, Onslow-Cole and Chilton lead the race from the front row unchallenged, whilst Jason Plato and Alex MacDowall swapped positions at the start. Plato didn't have an answer for the two Fords, with the two long straights of the national circuit suiting their cars. Although he lead most of the race, Onslow-Cole lost first place to his team mate in a move which looked suspiciously planned, with Onslow-Cole darting right on the pits straight and his team mate driving past. Tom would later say that team orders were not involved.

Race two again saw the two Fords lead from the start, with Onslow-Cole leading for the majority of the race. However Chilton overtaking Onslow-Cole meant that Rob Collard was able to catch the pair, and snatched second place in an agressive last-lap pass through Brooklands and Luffield. Plato finished fourth.

Race three and Paul O'Neill benefited from the reverse grid to start from pole position. As the lights went out, Alex MacDowall stalled and was rammed by the unsighted Martin Depper. Whilsted Alex was able to continue, Depper was not so fortunate and had to retire with massive front end damage. Jason Plato and Matt Neal's fiery rivalry was re-ignited at the first corner as contact between the pair resulted in both cars spinning. Matt Neal would go on to finish fourth, whilst Plato could only manage 9th after losing more time than the Honda driver. After a brief safety car period, Tom Onslow-Cole managed to get by O'Neill on the pits straight and pull out a three second lead for his third win. O'Neill was an ecstatic second, and the Airwaves BMW Driver Mat Jackson took third after a bold move through Brooklands. The contact between him and Chilton meant that the Ford driver also lost out to Honda Racing's Neal and Shedden.

The day's racing means that Team Aon have overtaken Airwaves BMW to lead the Independent team's championship, whilst Jason Plato's championship lead has shrunk to just 14 points to Tom Onslow-Cole.

Thanks to Chris Butcher for providing me with that race report from all 3 races and he also took a video from the day and here it is!

btcc10082203.jpg

I loved the racing at Silverstone on sunday, thought it was really good. But I for one am getting sick and tired of Jason Plato constantly banging on about how the Fords have an un-fair advantage blah blah blah and calling the fact that they are allowed to race a joke.

The thing he has to realise is, this isn't a one make series and different cars have different power outputs. His Lacetti last year was 3-4mph faster than everything else and nobody moanded, all people moaned about was how fast the BMWs got off the line (now insert higher first gear this year).

Just like in F1 where Renualt engined cars are down on power compared to the Merc engine, I like it when cars are a good bit different which is why the BTCC for decades has be brilliant.

I think Jason really should just man up and get on with it, he was faster than them at Snetterton (if you remember the first races, where he just pulled away from them and the Fords had no answer for him over a full lap), and he is better on the brakes and in the slower corners. These fords need the faster corners and fast long sections (Brands Hatch, Snetteron's straights and Silverstone for exammple) to do damage, but in tight twisty sections where a better chassis and better brakes win out he and most other cars in the field have the edge.

I just hope when Tom Onslow-Cole or Tom Chilton win this year they ain't gonna say that itjust down to their car when both drivers are great and have shown it in un-competative cars in the past.

The Donington website (http://www.donington-park.co.uk/) is still showing absolutely sod all about ANYTHING to do with motorsport events held there so does anyone know how much tickets are going to be for BTCC on 19th Sept and how do you order them?

I emailed Donington a month or two back and was told to check back nearer the time, well it's about 3 weeks away from the race and still no info :mad: no wonder they didn't get F1 :rolleyes:

Regards

Craig

Here ya go

http://www.barc.net/shop/acatalog/B...urday_18th____Sunday_19th_September_2010.html

BTW quick rant, the driving quality at Silverstone from the btcc and the ginetta juniors was APPALLING. Why is the WTCC clean but these guys are allowed to 'rub' as they call it? As in push others off-line and total their cars...end rant. Oh and the whining about the fords, get over it! they put a lot of money into that car and plato wasn't crying like a baby last year with his speed advantage was he?

• PikeyKev

Hi Eyghon

you need to go to http://www.barc.net/shop/acatalog/Donington_Park_Circuit.html

I think what they did taking back the track after Adroit fixed it is appalling and they have certainly not got their arses around to sorting the website out after taking back control from the real heros in this applaing mess. But I think you will find they had nothing to do with the DPRL who now run it, or Adroit who fixed it and were supposed to get the lease only to have the track taken back off them before legals completed (booo! finally someone decent and they get s*****d!!!). DVLL were the company in the failed F1 bid and they went belly up last November. Get your facts right Craig!! Cheers Kev

Get your facts right Craig!! Cheers Kev

I didn't quote any facts :confused::rolleyes:

The BTCC site links to the site I gave (FACT) and I emailed Donington Park using the email link from that site, i.e. info@donington-park.co.uk (FACT).

I don't really give a Fat Rats Arse who owns what or when, Donington "The Circuit" lost F1.................FACT!

The only thing I wanted to know is how to buy tickets, thanks for link Chris.

Regards

Craig

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back