2009 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE On)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qualifing: P4 after 3 laps. Was my first time on Mid-Ohio.
Race: I keept up after top 3 first 2 laps and than a freeze blocked my computer for 2 seconds.It was anuf to find my self on 6th after 2 seconds of black screen.
I overtaked after few more laps one of them,then i was pushing and i was waiting for P4 to mistake and take my place back when the second freeze strucked and this one was a 10second one. In my freeze,my car remained at 0km/h in the middle of the road before T2 and i think somebody crashed into me,i don't know who but i am very very sorry for that. Hope you were able to continue the race without a problem,sorry:frown:.

After this incident i decided to leave the race as i didn't want to have another freezes or hit somebody else and anyway i was on P13 allready.
I shouted down the computer,removed the video card,clean it,and put it back on the 2nd video slot. Hope i will be not experiencing any more freezes like those ones that ruined my last 10 races even if it was Club or League. Sorry for all of you that i disturbet with those freezes,it's first time when my computer have a behaviour like this :frown:.

Thank you RaceDepartment for suporting and organising such a great and big league that offered me great battles and race. :thumbup:

Division 4
Only 9 drivers :(.But i have nice fights with Marcel.I finish quali on 4th position and race on 2nd :).This is my first race when my Lada 110s driving really great.I spend whole day to setup this car and after finish the race i'm so happy :).
I would like to thx to everyone who made and race in this league.
See you soon i thing :D:D

Group 2:

Another disconnection and always after the halfway stage, I begin to think that the server fault RD
I've never anything like this before, I can not understand. Do not finish a race.

I guess I better change what I train for nothing?

However good race until it lasted. Night :)

no tip for me today...just plain old stupid me

QUALI- did after some strugel a 1.27.9 don;t now why cause..my PB was 1.26.8 ehhh..so i quali 14

RACE - at the start again i forgot about first lap..bumped a bmw in front of me, then another bmw went on the gras...and i foun my self in 11th place...no one tried to pass me so i staid there.I had a good pace...2-3 overtakes...then i was stuck in the back of my friend Stirb Iuliu, was a bit faster then him..but not easy to pas..had a few oportunaties but he defended well...then he was out with another bmw in last corner..si i was in 8 place...in lap 19 i went in to pits..but dind;t have a preset pitstop..i forgot to confirm the changes so i did nothing..next lap i pitted again..change the tyres and finaly on my why...was in 14 and i had a 8sec gap to 13...but slowly i gain them...and when i finaly tried to pass i reilised that i had no more fuel..and there where more then 7min..so i pittef again fot 10l o fuel...was again in 14 ...4seconf gap to 13 pushed realy hard..i got him,he was in a bmw and not realy any grip...he was sideways...finaly i think i finshed 13.

very nice race.. i had a good race pace...but strategy all wrong

10-x RD for giving me the chance to race in this championship...i hope in next one i will do it full time

10-x

Congratulations to Roland for the Championship and Marcin for the Victory here !

Was a ok race for myself, qualied 3rd and finished 4th. Lost a few seconds in the pit else I could have been on podium.

As for the season..due to not bothering with prequally as it was nonsence anyway I ended in grp3....missed race 1 due to holiday so started in grp4 for my first race. So took me 3 races to get in group 1 and could finally show some speed in a group more to my liking.

Cheers to the people behind RD for organizing and hope for more of the same in the future !

Luckily I kept my worst race of the season for the last round. Completely was off the pace in practice, qualy and the entire race. Fighting to get grib on the TDI but didn't succeed at all :) A race to forget but a season to remember :thumb:

pfff to hard today

little practice, just could not get my engine starting for that qualify and only started 9th.
Then during race I was fast, really really fast, but just got hold behind Tackman taking all the inside line and making that car to wide, then lost control of the car and crashed with big suspension damage and flat tire with 2 or 3 laps before my pit schedule...
Decided not to fix it, but I think that was the worst call I have made today.....in the end could not get my rhythm and in the end had to defend hard (maybe to hard?...sorry for that) for my position
finished 11th....grats Roland with championship win and grats Marcin with the win and to the rest of the podium ;)

group 4

last race i got 5th which was my best result during this season.

I wanna take this moment to thank all the racers and RD to set up this league.
Also a big thanks to the teamspeak crew for all the laughs and fun:D

Group 1

I was qualifying midfield, which was a bit of a surprise for me without much practice again this week. I think only 1 hr. During the race I could follow the top 10 on economy mode to safe some fuel for later.
After the pitstops I was soon in P10 later to pass two drivers due to pushing each other off track. So I was running behind Roland (he P6 and me P7) and closing in on him. His tyres were even more worse then mine. Then suddenly I was right on his tail and in a good position to get more momentum and who knows what, till my dream was suddenly over. Was hit from behind by a bit surprise since the gap was around 0.5. It felt like a pure 'get-off-this -track' move and could barely hold the car on track to lose momentum and lost one position. Back in P8.

Very disappointed about this move, also because filing in a report will not matter since I finished in front of the car that hit me.

No leagues for me for the upcoming months. Bad driving through 4 out of 6 rounds. How hard is it to keep each other alive and both have fun.
I don't even know who won the race or won the championship. At the moment I don't care either.

Grats to the winners tho. Will read tomorrow who it was. See ya.

Great race again! 2nd pole in a row in this league! (as bob stated another Webber but without being able to turn it into a win, maybe more like Vettel! lol)

Was 1st until the pitstop where Jay jumped me, Ivo was still behind then with about 3-4min to go Ivo got the jump on me, my tyres were screwed. Finished 3rd.

Great race Jay and Ivo, WD Jay,we were very close! :banana:

Grid3: did my first laps in FWD at Mid-Ohio today at about 14.00, what a change from RWD GTSport!

Quali: still learning breakpoints but managed to chop off 4 secs, ended up 21st of 22

Race: I had two blackouts where I forgot to shift down far enough before turns (how stupid is that???), one was in t1 lap1, so I was basically chasing the field for a long time. Found a great rhythm, passed a couple of guys who had gone off, Hansi gave me the scare of a lifetime when he missed me by inches as he was rejoining after a little visit to the grass. As halftime neared, I realized my tires were still good, so I just kept going. This moved me up to 9th as others pitted. I finally went in in lap 23, perfect timing because I was lapped in pits by the leading three. Coming back out, the Chevy felt great and I did a couple of fastest personal laps, at least one I think faster than my quali (like last race, lol). Was catching up on the guy in front quickly and realized it was my teammate Stanczak. We had a superb fight for 3-5 laps until he fooled me with the oldest trick and I found myself in the gravel. Trying to catch him again (9secs advantage with 10 min to go) I twice put my rear wheel on the grass and spun, once just as Manuel was about to lap me. Thankfully noone hurt. In the last lap Xose quit so I finished a happy hamster at 14 of 16 still on the track.

Great racing all, big big thank you to the organizers at RD and all the players in grids 3 and 4 for six enjoyable Sunday evenings.

Gratz Roland. :)

Group 2:

Q: Was so close. Dan just got P1 from me with 0.021 second. :D

Race:

Started good and drove away with Dan and Jay. After a couple of laps. Dan drove away from us and i had the whole time Jay on my back. (Jezus that Diesel has some straight line power, crazy). He passed me in lap 13 i think. Could follow him abit. Dan pitted quite early. In lap 16 i thought. Jay pitted in lap 17 and i in 18th.
When i came out Dan just passed me and Jay also. For the rest i pressured Dan for the whole second stint. And i knew i needed to be right on his tail in the last laps. Because he pitted early so his tyres where gone sooner. He ran a couple of times wide in the corner after the long straight. So i knew that was the change in the last laps. 3 or 4 laps before the end i was really close behind him and was in his slipstream but couldnt pass. We braked both late and i hoped he ran wide abit. He did that so i just threw my car next and infront of him. Closed the door abit and waited for the tap thap was going to come. Catch the tap and could drive away from him in the last 2 laps. In the last 2 laps i could close the gap abit to Jay but he was just one second to far away. (That the diesel didnt had the refuel did it i think). So ended on P2.

Great racing Jay and Dan. Perfect example how it should be every race. :)
Great ending of the season. Gratz to Roland again and Bram for the League. :)

Grats to ROLAND to win Champion ;)

Quali: 2 so its 1,2 for RPM ;)
Race: after 10 laps my tyres start to loose out so I was little slower then Ries N but I was able to keep him behind but when Yuri pass Ries then Yuri just hit my car and I was P4 I have not yet look the replay so Ill not say enything for now meiby mana mana =)
I pass Ries on pitlane P3 and I just hold him behind to take p3 it was close fight.
Grats to Marcin for win Mana Mana for RPM again and Yuri P2.
Thank you Racedepartment for this wonderfull season. :inlove:

Group 1

Qual - I managed the fastest lap I'd never thought I would do. I was always low 1m28's - 1m29's. Somehow I altered my wing settings and boom straight into a 1m27.2 which I was proud of. Couldn't believe I was still at the back nearly. I think I'm in the wrong group, the times are that close that not even 2 seconds covered the pack! But then again maybe I should pedal faster :)

Race - I was really slow on the formation lap, even though I was at the back it felt like the pack in front took off pretty early. Had a good fight with a BMW in the first few laps. We did touch twice which pushed me wide but I had already given up trying to defend as I had no straight line speed. Car did not feel good at all and it was seriously unbalanced with all the cambers on track. The only good point was my braking seemed better then my driving :) After the BMW started to pull away I got caught by Bram who got past with some speed, never realised you were running a rear wing of 1 Bram no wonder you were sliding most corners!! I was running 5 as I couldn't stop the car from sliding all over the place. I managed to stay with Bram until he made a mistake and touched the grass and that was it. He was sideways and I was right behind and I was thinking "don't floor it" otherwise you'll get me. I did get past but I think I caught the front of the car, it was so close!

I was so happy to pit from 20th place at the time, after the stops my plan of a quick stop had slightly worked as I was now 18th. I didn't think I would stay 18th but I got on with it and pushed like made, even at one point I ran wide and touched the grass and nearly turned right round which made me think game over but I managed to point it in the right direction and keep going. Made one more place towards the end so finished 17th which for me and my pedal powered car I was happy with :)

Congrats to everyone who raced and finished the season :)

Despite not feeling to great today, I decided to soldier on. I showed up on the server today with no practice and no setup. Found a setup in the online section from Yuri Braham which worked well. Qualified 8th.

Some people behind forgot about the parade lap "again!" Seriously, c'mon now. Any ways I got hit from behind once more. This time it was only a light hit though. Lucky me! lol... was off to a decent start and was keeping the guys up front close. At the end of lap one, Stirb dives under me in the second to last corner. I didn't know he was there and get bumped in the right rear fender, sending me really wide. I manage to keep it on the black stuff, but Stirb, Danny and a red Honda get by. I retake the Honda coming into T2 and am gaining on the two BMW's up front. The Honda driver is eager to get back through and I get bumped a couple of times, sending me sideways in at least one occasion as I recall. I am not sure if it was on lap 2 or 3, but the Honda driver attempted yet another pass coming into T4. I brake really late into T4. I see the red Honda dive for the inside line. I try to leave plenty of room as I know he is coming, but apparently wide wasn't wide enough as I get side swiped pretty hard sending me onto the grass and into a spin. Luckily I didn't get tangled with anyone else as my car spun across the track and came to rest facing the wrong way. I had to wait for the field to clear and rejoined in 20th out of 21 cars. Way down on the field I was now on a mission. I managed to fight may way back through the field up to 11th (briefly up to 10th) and had some great battles along the way. Had an amazing battle with Stirb along the way. We were going at it for a good 10 minutes or so, up until we were getting lapped by Ludde. I ran it a little wide to let the leader pass, and ended up running a little wider than I had planned. lol... Had a 2 second gap to Stirb after that. I eventually did manage to close the gap back up, but unfortunately he got disconnected. :frown:

Any ways... despite having my fair share of bad luck, I had a great time racing with you all. Thanks to all the great guys here at RD - staff and drivers - for making this possible. :thumb:

Gr 2.

Qual. 5
Race 6

Hmmm great race for me :)..unfortunately I didn’t have time this week to drive and practice like last week,and first time in gr.2 so I didn’t expect to much. Only drive a little today afternoon and 30 min before qualify. Thanks God I found some set online ..:). Off course like every track we drive in season again track was totally new for me (I am very new in RACE). So qualify I drive very well,and race was even better, great fight with you Remco (very very close take over :)) and you Mika it was really nice. Not much space on track to takeover, so very sorry guys for little touching (both of you), I try to find a little space :). This time I have great concentration and waiting for right moment to takeover, and maybe only last few last laps I “fall in sleep” a little but still on track :)..great season and congratulations to guys on podium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back