2009 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I could see from on-board, there wasn't much else he could do, he was tight up on the kerb, bounced off it slightly, Kubica still could have used a little more track himself.

As Brundle said, absolutely 50-50.

i dont really understand how people can blame vettel for that crash with kubica.
i like both kubica and vettel and im a bmw fan (and Brawn fan :p ) so my opinion is not biased in anyway.

kubica didn't give vettel enough room to make the corner without contact. vettel could have let kubica past because his tires were worn out and kubica would probably pass him anyway in another corner.
but this doesn't really matters, it was racing for position and vettel had the inside but kubica just turned in too early and didn't leave enough room

both of them are one of the best drivers on the grid but this was kubica's mistake...
but even the best can make mistakes

Yea Vettel did nothing wrong thats racing he must defend his position and Kubica didn't know Vettel have heavy problems with the soft tyres. Vettel braked early and cause of the bad tyres he was not able to go more to the right on the exit.

Case of really really bad timing! - DOH - I wanted to sleep last night and so decided to watch the race later on on replay. No problem - only trouble is, I got up this morning, walked into my living room and as I passed the remote, on the way to the kitchen to get much needed morning coffee, without thinking I picked up the remote and pressed the standby button... You guessed it the picture came on - 3 likely looking candidates on the podium and the commentator saying how well Lewis did to come from last to 4th - dohhhhhhhh - I hate when you know the results!!!

:pissed-off:

Trulli penalised, Hamilton gets third.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74053
Lewis Hamilton has been promoted to third place at the Australian GP after Jarno Trulli was penalised.

Trulli's third place was put under investigation after the Italian regained his position overtaking Hamilton during a safety car period, having run off the track when the SC was on track.

Both drivers were summoned to see the race stewards following the incident and it was decided to give Trulli a 25-second penalty which moves him outside of the points finish.

Toyota confirmed its intention to appeal the decision.

BMW Drivers after the race

Robert Kubica
"What a disappointment! I had a chance to win this race because Jenson Button and Sebastian Vettel were on soft tyres and struggling, while I was on the harder compound and was able to drive much quicker. Sebastian went wide in corner one and then he braked early. I was already in front, but he didn’t want to let me by. Then he had a lot of understeer and touched me. My front wing was under the car, therefore I crashed in corner five. I think Sebastian was a bit too optimistic."
"Had this been the last corner okay, but there were still three laps to go and he really had no realistic chance to defend his position because I was so much quicker. We both had a great weekend up to this point and we leave Melbourne with nothing. That’s a real shame! My car was very good, particularly in the second stint when I set the best lap times. That’s racing."

Nick Heidfeld
"Today’s outcome to the race is extremely disappointing for me. I had such a good start and was able to make up positions straight away. My strategy was promising too. Then in the braking zone for the first corner I felt safe because when I looked there was no car next to me. I was in the middle of the track but suddenly I got a big bang. I had to pit for new tyres and a front wing, but the damage to the car was a lot more than that and driving with it was hopeless. I think at least the KERS helped me to defend my position with such a slow car. But in the end it didn’t matter much because who cares if you finish 11th or 13th."

What an amazing race! This is gonna be an awesome season, I can see BMW, Brawn and Red Bull fighting up at thr front, and Ferrari and McLaren not too far behind :)

Can't wait for Sepang.

Also, we have The Chain! :D But I thought the intro should have some historic/modern racing...

Ross Balfour :)

HAHA :p

What a race! Gutted for Webber and Vettel and Kubica. But I think Barichello should be penalised for his turn one antics? And he didnt wait, he should be kicked out of F1 for 2 months :cyclops:

Well its good to see Brawn getting a 1-2 despite my hatred of Button (I hope this doesnt go on and on like his last win)

Interesting to see Webber finish 13th (Unlucky as always) despite crashing and neededing new wing and stuff, pretty good effort by him.

Is it time for Sepang yet??

I agree with this Penalty because that was really messy move by Vettel and that caused "Avoidable accident" And that he was miles slower than Kubica and still 3 laps to go he shouldn't trying to regain position as Kubica won that corner.

great race! hope the rest of the season is like this.

must admit the vettel penalty is a bit harsh on him. he is racing so should not have to yield a position. every incident is avoidable if you take an "after you" approach. kubica has squeezed him and both have collided. it will more often than not be viewed as the guy on the insides "fault". my opinion - racing incident from two bright stars for the future.

people say vettel should have yielded but why does no one say with an obviously better performing car did kubica not have yielded and passed at a later stage?

It was a really great race! I hope to see similar races through the entire season! What I'm unhappy about, it seems Ferrari couldn't build a car that can finish a race again!...
Nice to see Button and Barrichello at top, they're great drivers!:) And finally they have great cars too!

Lewis shown what a driver he is. In one of the slowest cars on the grid he got it from 18th to 4th ( now 3rd cause of penalty ) and made the car look pretty normal. Showed Alonso how to do it to, which am sure would of pleased him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back