2009 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Kyle Evers

Ah, Lewis. Forget him this season, he is the past. Brawn GP!

I really enjoyed this race, there was quite alot of swapping places. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come this season and Button can keep this up all season.

I would seriously love Jenson and Brawn GP to take the individual and constructors championship, it would be a big change from the last few seasons of Mclaren, Ferrari and Renault. I know its early but I can dream!

Roll on next week!

I really enjoyed this race, there was quite alot of swapping places. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come this season and Button can keep this up all season.

I would seriously love Jenson and Brawn GP to take the individual and constructors championship, it would be a big change from the last few seasons of Mclaren, Ferrari and Renault. I know its early but I can dream!

Roll on next week!
Just replace Button with Barrichelo and I'm fine with it!!!! :D

+ gee an interesting race for a change,
+ some nice close fights

- with open wheelers any minor problem between two cars can soon become a major problem, so the close racing will also mean many small crashes, taking many guys outa'the race (five at start this time, how many next time?)
- omg, those cars are just sooooo ugly, the pre-season snapshots did not quite prepare us for the horror of this!

sorry guys, I'll stick with anything looking like touring cars.
too bad rally has gone down the drain, was good while it lasted.

• Kyle Evers

Wasn't Brawn GP one of the teams that had the closed diffusers though?

• Kyle Evers

Sorry, I meant open.

You know how the diffuser has that center piece? Well it's supposed to be covered, with one small hole in the middle. If it isn't covered, the air just flows through much easier resulting in more downforace on the rear end. There were three teams with the opened diffusers, they have to go to court to straighten it out.

• Kyle Evers

Because Brawn finished 1-2 in race and qualifying. The open diffuser is an advantage. Could this be one of the advantages that helped them? Trulli was 3rd, and he's with Toyota.

That's right then... I thought you were saying like their points are on hold until the final judgement... But in fact, the final decision is gonna take effect only in the future races, right?

FIA already said twice that those diffusers are legal, they'll say that 3rd time too. Also 5 more teams are working on it now!
BTW Williams has some problem with the side of Ferrari and Red Bull cars too:)

You know they found something others do not, and it annoys others, but if it's between the rules, then it's legal, no matter what others say.

• Emerald Emblem

Well it's not too much of an advantage in the race as Kubica showed. Of course you could argue the tyres but even then Vettel was able to match Buttons pace.

• Kyle Evers

That's true. Just think of how Barichello hasn't won a race in such a long time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%