2009 British Touring Car Championship

It is good yes, but you have to realise that the only way Vauxhall would enter is if Chevy went away as theya re both owned by GM!!

No way is that gonna happen, two budgets for the same series!!

• Wido Rossen

Thompson tests BMW 320si

Twice British Touring Car Championship champion James Thompson completed a test for team Motorbase today. Thompson tested the BMW 320si at Brands Hatch to evaluate a possible drive for Motorbase in the BTCC 2009. Motorbase are evaluating a number of drivers and are reported to considering entering three cars for this season.

Thompson won the BTCC in 2002 and 2004. The last couple of season the Brit drove in the World Touring Car Championship for N-Technology. But the Italian team recently announced their retirement from WTCC, leaving Thompson without a drive.

Thompson has tested for other BTCC teams, including Team Dynamics and Tempus Sport. So far none of these test drives have resulted in a signed contract.

( source TCT )

• Wido Rossen

Just shoot me.......ofcourse BTCC and not WTCC.......:coffee2:

well there was a 18 year old Liam McMillan there (i think thats his age, might be completely and utterly wrong though) in a 3 year old Seat Toledo and by the end of the day he was only 0.1 seconds off Thompson's fastest lap so i dont think he was that quick. For the main reason that its the first time he's driven a rwd touring car.

• Oli Bellamy

Usually most teams aren't funded by their parent company, and sometimes not even the main company themselves. Seat Sport UK I seem to remember don't have a budget from Seat, instead they rely completely on advertising. As long as VW could sustain a team I don't see why GM would care, besides, 4 drivers have a better chance of winning than just 2.

Yes, I've heard of ths Liam in the Toledo, he sounds quick.
But yeah, would be interesting to see Thompson driving a RWD car instead of a FWD, was so used to seeing him in a SEAT in the BTCC and 06 WTCC, and then the Alfa too!
Be really good to see him back though!

• Wido Rossen

focus.jpg

( photo courtesy Tourincartimes )

Nice car, even with this paintscheme..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back