2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Discussion in 'RD Touring Car Championship' started by Bram Hengeveld, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +861
    Well unless we find a really solid way to deal with mass leagues, or find a huge can of race directors I think we'll say bye bye to the massive entries of this season's WTCC.

It's great that we have served such a huge number of drivers, but it's not worth it if most of them only join for a few races and then leave. We've got a racing club for single events. Leagues are not place for that.

I hope for next season that the people that want to commit to a league will be there to join us again. I also hope that people that just want a competative race now and then find their way to the Racing Club. :wink:

2. Oliver Amos

Oliver Amos

Ratings:
    +0
    Why was my video removed off the racedepartment youtube? It is not related to racedepartment or something...?

3. Marco Casnici

Marco Casnici

Ratings:
    +0
    ciao
    sono nuovo ho partecipato solo alla gara di macau
    non vedo l'ora di ripartire con gp nation
    ciao:thumb:

4. David Lemon

David Lemon

Ratings:
    +0
    Well done!! really enjoyed every race, Thanks for the hard work :yo:

5. Mark Guy

Mark Guy

Ratings:
    +29
    Racedepartment, you really have a top level setup going here. Keep it up.

6. Torbjorn Lennartsson

Torbjorn Lennartsson

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes well done soon i can race to:)

7. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +861
    RDTCC 2008 - Rami Kaukola Champion

RaceDepartment's largest championship so far was one to remember!

[​IMG]

Rami Kaukola (r) in action during Round 9 at Monza.

It was a long and restless season, that saw many familiar drivers and big names. All in all over 350 people signed up and tried their luck. Amongst them were Sim-Challenge winners Greger Huttu and Mathieu Prevot, V-WTCC runner-up Bastien Bartsch and RD Mini Cooper winner Attila Domjan, The latter one dominating most of the season, until our eventual winner came passing by.

In a season where everything moves fast and where standstill is regression, the most consistent driver takes the win. This season that driver was Rami Kaukola from Finland.

No wins, no square domination, but sheer consistency made Kaukola the winner of the RaceDepartment WTCC 2008. He scored one pole position and seven podiums, but was ever amongst the top finishers and thus claimed the title for himself. The orange-black Chevrolet Lacetti manouvred in the shadow of the incidental BMW wins only to rise above the rest when the big loot was presented. And he took it, without a show, but with all the glory.

Close behind him we find ourselves a surpirse of significance. Nearly everyone had neglected the Alfa Romeo, assuming it to be outdated and not competative. Sweden's Peter Eriksson proved that choice wrong. Almost as consistent as Kaukola Eriksson drove his Alfa to good results, eventually bringing him second place in the championship's final standings.

In third position we find the onnly other driver that was allowed to stay within 100 points of Kaukola. Erik Ahlen, NineCraft's prodigee, brought his SEAT Leon home in a comfortable third position, not leaving any doubts about claims on that final podium position. He was closer to being first, than to being fourth when the final score was settled.

The team championship fell prey to Roaring Pipes Maniacs - Full Throttle, Kaukola's team. He and his team mate Jari Vinnari (FIN) who ended up 18th in the individual championship took a nearly 600 points lead over and had assured themselves of the before the final races.

It was Scandinavia all the way, but nonehtless congratualtion to Rami Kaukola, Peter Eriksson, Erik Ahlen and Roaring Pipes Maniacs - Full Throttle!

See you all next season in the RaceDepartment Touring Car Championship 2009!

8. Attila Domján

Attila Domján

Ratings:
    +23
    Very nice season, well done for all the drivers and race directors and all helping hands behind the scenes participating, it was a pleasure to be part of it! Great show it was! :)

9. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,848
    Congrats Rami old chap :)

10. Rami Kaukola

Rami Kaukola

Ratings:
    +6
    Indeed it was nice season :)

11. Jacco Cornelissen

Jacco Cornelissen

Ratings:
    +4
    Yes it was a great season :)
    I'm ready for the next WTCC in 2009.
    Grat to the winner: RAMI :)

12. Marco Casnici

Marco Casnici

Ratings:
    +0
    compliments
    i hope to be in starting list next 2009 season
    this is a great comunity
    whith very fast driver
    ciao bravo

13. Marco Casnici

Marco Casnici

Ratings:
    +0
    ciao
    i start only in the last race in macau
    but im sure that this forum and organization
    is at the top of simracing
    i hope to be with you at netx gp nation
    bravi
    sorry x english
    marco
    milano :wave:

14. Mehmet Arikan

Mehmet Arikan

Ratings:
    +11
    Congrats to the winner Rami, congrats RaceDepartment for the great WTCC 2008 organization. :drum:

15. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,859
    Congratulations to Rami, always a fast consistent and clean driver. :yo:

Special grats also to Peter and Erik, and also to Jari and Rami for the Team Champ. :peace:

16. Chris Standring

Chris Standring

Ratings:
    +0
    Congratulations to all of you!

17. Christophe Berton

Christophe Berton

Ratings:
    +1
    gtatz

18. Rok Prosen

Rok Prosen

Ratings:
    +0
    I just joint the RD and the online competition but i belive this is one of the best if not the best online community for racing.

So when the next season starts?

19. Henrik Horvath

Henrik Horvath

Ratings:
    +4
    grats....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.