Cars 2005-FiaGT MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi GTR233 and thanks for this great mod!

I have a question about AI piting tho. I'm currently playing the 24h of SPA in full 24h. It seems that the AI have a strange strategy as they all pit way too early regarding the amount of fuel they still have.

Basically all GT1 cars (including the G2 Viper and Corvette) pit with at least 7 laps of fuel still in their tank and about 2 or 3 laps after, all the other cars (GT2, G2 and G3) pit around the same time and with at least 10 laps of fuel left in their tank (sometimes more for the 996 cup or the Vertigo). As I ususally go to the pit when my tank is nearly empty, this problem destroys everyhting.

So far on my 24h race all AI have done 3 pits when I've only done two so at the end of 24h they'll have done many more pits stops even tho they don't need it as they still have a lot of fuel in their tanks.

Is it because of too fast tyre wear or they all run on soft compound (I use medium compound) or the game thinks it is a best strategy and make them pit all at the same time?

I try in the 24h section of the game and also on single race section with a 3 hours race on spa with your mod and the SPA 24h selection of cars and exactly the same happens.

If that's relevant and useful to have an idea of what causes this, I use GTR2 v1.1 with some of the addons from the GTR2_HQ_MODS_COLLECTION_v10_0 including the GTR2_HQ AI v4_2, GTR2 HQ DAYTIME HEADLIGHTS v4_1, GTR2 HQ F360 SOUNDS v2_0, GTR2 HQ HEADLIGHTS v6_0, GTR2 HQ RAIN v13_0, GTR2 MULTI-PATCHES v15_0, HQ MOON & SUN v7_0.

Thanks for your help !

It is "normal" because last year a member told me "AI NEVER PIT" so I followed his request and made AI go to pits more often...but the fix for him...seems to be a bug for you :D
It is impossible for a dev to satisfy everybody :(
That said the force of GTR2 is its modability and it is easy with notepad so you can tweak the mod to your taste : I recommend you to modify
- ENG files : fuelestimate value
- PLR : AI POWER CALIBRATION = 4/5/6/7
AI FUEL MULTI = 1.0

Hi GTR233 and thanks for your answer.

So I tried to modifiy those values and it didn't do much at the end. I did see a difference when i changed the fuel estimate value tho but cars still pit too early in my opinion regarding the fuel left in their tank.

For example, before a 996 Cup from the G3 class would pit with about 12-13 laps still in their tank and now, after increasing the fuel estimate value, they pit with around 6 laps left in their tanks. So by increasing the fuel estimate value they use fuel more quickly so they have less laps with a full tank but they still pit much before they run out of fuel. It feels like the AI need to pit before the hour mark and not when they need fuel.

Also, i only race on the SPA track as i want to do the 24h race.

It couldn't come from a too fast tyre wear?

No, tyre wear doesn't make ai pit in, this is a well known bug in GTR2.
AI pit in to :
- refuel
- repair
- changing tyre compound

You can try to increase fuel tank in HDC or to reduce fuel consuming in ENG file.

Last edited:
Ok i see.

I'll try to see on my side and do some modification to make AI pit when their fuel tank is nearly empty and not half full.

Thanks a lot for your time and your help!

GTR233 updated 2005-FiaGT MOD with a new update entry:

2005-FiaGT MOD

2005 FiaGT Mod v3.2
--------------------

This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v19.00 (update your archiver if it tells you that archive is corrupted)
Archive size = 422 Mo
Archive MD5 checksum = e008d6b6c9d10c1924e9d42050b2279a

Description :
-------------
2005 FiaGT Mod for GTR2 : 74 cars (3 new models), 11 races championship, Spa 24H single event
DBR9 scratched made by EdOg/Exbird + updates by Art & Zipdrive
GTR2 stock cars slightly modified (thanks to LeSunTzu)
SimBin Spyker...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Somebody who gave me permission at nogrip to include his work, decided last week to not let me use it anymore so I had to remove temporary the link. There will be 2 consequences on dbr9 and spyker : I must do a complete rework and it will take time, I would say 2 months...

It's beyond reason why a modder wouldn't want his work to be fully acknowledged and practically saved since nogrip went down. I've seen so many modders all these years behaving like little Napoleons. Thx for your efforts!

Last edited:
Yes - my english is from school - old and low level, but i think to understand the "little Napoleons".
Hope the Anniverary + HQ Mod Collection will be compatible with Version 3.2.
The Season 2005 gave us super GT-Cars.

!! " to reduce fuel consuming in ENG file or increase ?"
increase the pitstops of the ai ?
The Tyre Wear and Temperatur isnt important for the AI to make a pitstop - is this correct ?
Only the Fuel and off course changing weather.

Thanks for this GTR233

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back