Resource icon

Misc 2-way layout for "Targa-Florio", model for terrain, config and ppfilter fixed1fixed

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

2-way layout for "Targa-Florio", model for terrain, config and ppfilter - Track day traffic with AI, much better scenery with CSP and Sol

The loop for the AI on "Targa-Florio" took as long as that for "Glencoe" but the effort was even harder.
View attachment 362126
View attachment 362127
View attachment 362128
View attachment 362135
View attachment 362133

The "GIS" add-on for Blender was used for creating the 3d model of the landscape.
View attachment 362122
The "Google Earth Pro" was the means for the...

Read more about this resource...

thanks for this, but which targa Florio?
I used the one from
adb.jpg

Last edited:
I'm using the simtraxx full version but can't get it to work, keep getting this message after trying to load it, any ideas?

"Error might have something to do with:

AC\racemanager.cpp (398): RaceManager::initOffline
AC\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions
AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup"

also tried on the one you linked above, same error so must be something I've done wrong or changed.

Last edited:
keep getting this message

Never seen one of those. When I get trouble with loading of any layout that has all the AI lines I follow these steps:
1. Attempt loading "Practice" with CSP disabled and no CM;
2. Attempt loading "Practice" with CSP disabled, no CM and "pit_lane.ai" renamed to "pit_lane.ai1";
3. Attempt loading "Practice" with CSP enabled;
4. Attempt loading "Track day" with CSP disabled;
5. Attempt loading "Track day" with 0 opponents and CSP enabled .

If you can't get past attempt "1" and "2" then I'm interested to see a screen of the Windows Explorer with the contents of the track's folder. You could try fooling the game for a "clean install" of the track if temporarily move the "targa_florio" folder out of "..\contents\tracks\" and then unpacking into it fresh copy from a download. If it makes no difference - revert back to the moved copy to not leave a mess.

I don't have the SimTRAXX version but from what I saw on the promo video - it's the same road with added 3d terrain and other objects that I assume are in additional model that combines with the default "targa_florio.kn5". I may be wrong.

Check the contents of the track's folder and see which .kn5 models are present. For mine to work there must be "targa_florio.kn5" (not "targa-florio.kn5", mind the dash-underscore difference). If there's such difference, edit the folder and model names to match "targa_florio". The dash in names of folders and models is against the naming convention of the game and causes troubles with loading of multiple models. After that if the default layout has "models_**.ini" it must be edited too so it points correctly to "targa_florio.kn5".

If you prefer the SimTRAXX version and want the 2-way to work in that type of layout, I can guide you how to edit mine "2way" to make it happen.

Last edited:
I'm using the simtraxx full version but can't get it to work, keep getting this message after trying to load it, any ideas?
I also tried but it wont work(I think version is 0.92)
Then I saw track folder is called:"targa-florio" not "targa_florio" like every other track so Ive give up.Gotta try to rename the files and try again.

called:"targa-florio" not "targa_florio" like every other track
Even Kunos did the dash instead underscore (in "Trento-Bondone") but that was before introducing multiple model support in later versions of AC. I got the trouble of loading multiple models first hand when separated the physics of "Targa-Florio" from the main model. It would load only after correcting the dash in the names. Same for the "Trento-Bondone" - to load additional pits and ac_objects it had to be renamed "trento_bondone". So the naming convention really matters. That's why I'm not suggesting editing of "models_2way.ini" and "models_noai.ini" - it won't do good.

Please, when renaming observe that the folder and the .kn5 model of the track match and read "targa_florio".

I'm getting more curious - did SimTRAXX put their additional objects in "targa-florio.kn5"? Are there any different .kn5 files in that v0.92?
Hmm dont know what to look lol,Here it is(I deleted short layouts in ui and in track folder I think there was 4 stages):

Attachments

• targa.jpg
    targa.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 140
Hmm dont know what to look lol,Here it is(I deleted short layouts in ui and in track folder I think there was 4 stages):
I see there are many additional models alongside "targa-florio.kn5". Maybe only physics and grid objects are causing the problem with dash in the name. In this layouts that I made there are only visual objects so maybe the editing of "models_2way.ini" and "models_noai.ini" will work.
Try changing to
Code:
[MODEL_0]
FILE=targa-florio.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

Cheers I tried to edit "models_2way.ini" and "models_noai.ini" so I got same errors again just like AAAAAAAb? did.Then I tried solution you wrote to him,same again.Nevermind I will drive it in race mode it has 30 pits...
I have other traffic mods you did,thanks for all your work,Love it!

drive it in race mode
One thing I did not mention before - after editing of names CM has to be restarted or track be re-selected for the game to acknowledge the changes.
For the sake of being accurate I downloaded again from the Mega, unpacked all fresh in "..\content\tracks\targa-florio", edited the .ini to point to "targa-florio.kn5" and all worked ok. For SimTRAXX's it may be that the grid objects are not included in the "targa-florio.kn5" and it prevents loading of cars. In that case making two copys of "models_full_circuit.ini" and renaming them to "models_2way.ini" and "models_noai.ini" will do the trick albeit without loading my additional models for terrain and road overlay. If the layouts load, but look weird - remove or edit the two "ext_config.ini" and try loading again.

There is a third option for traffic, alright. Take the two .ai files from my .7z and place them into ""..\content\tracks\targa-florio\full_circuit\ai\" after you pack the two original .ai files. When you decide to switch back - pack the 2way .ai files and replace them by extracting the original ones. That way there's a benefit of saving couple hundreds of MB storage from the big splines. If it was a feature of the game it would have made the "..\content\tracks\" much slimmer.

Last edited:
alekabul updated 2-way layout for "Targa-Florio", model for terrain, config and ppfilter with a new update entry:

More spawns for traffic, fix for naming of models

If you did not get it to work managing the mess by yourself, I cleaned it up and added the possibility of spawning 60 cars in Track day for traffic. Beware - when the VRAM of your graphics card gets overfilled, the framerate drops a lot. For 6 GB that means ~48 cars of decent quality (CSP 0.1.51 and Sol 1.5.1 with 2d clouds, dynamic weather).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yes, I'm sure. Tested the fix with v0.5 from the Mega link above before uploading it. What's happening when you try to load the traffic? Tried the steps from my post #5 above?
Yeah, first thing I did was just try to run it like your other Traffic Layouts by just pasting it in the folder. It won't load the AI like the other layouts. Game crashes and then I get the msg "Game Crashed: AI spline might be missing or broken."

Then I tried your Step 1. Trying to load Targa Florio Traffic in Practice with the default launcher and CSP disabled. That doesn't work; it doesn't go beyond the launcher. I also looked for the "pit_lane.ai" file mentioned in Step 2 but its nowhere to be found in the track folder.

"pit_lane.ai" file mentioned in Step 2 but its nowhere to be found in the track folder
So the solution is this: you have to open the "traffic targa-florio.7z", select all 7 objects from within and drop them into the track's folder "..\content\tracks\targa-florio\" in Windows Explorer. After that check if "\content\tracks\targa-florio\2way\ai\" contains the 2 files "pit_lane.ai" and "fast_lane.ai".

It seems i'm missing the "2way" folder with those files. I redownloaded just to make sure. This is all thats in the archive.

Attachments

• traffic targa-florio.jpg
    traffic targa-florio.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 167
Thanks, I did a lap and its working great with "0.5".

I also tried it with "SimTRAXX 0.92." It loads but the car continuously falls through the ground. Is it possible to adjust it for 0.92?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back