rF2 - 1992 - @ Sao Paulo - Wed 25th Feb

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Jim,
The performance does indeed drop off from at or above 60% or so but its disguised by fuel effect. So your lap time stays pretty constant. By around 40% even with low fuel lap time will suffer. It also depends how much understeer you have with setup.

But the simple thing to do is if you have to stop (which you will do as race distance will be 35-36 laps and the tyres wont do that), then best to stop around 1/2 distance give or take a lap. No sense running on bad rubber on one stint and ending on lovely rubber in the other.

Andeas,
Glad you picked Schumis car, saved me from needing to change your name to sound like the nationality of the original driver:).

Like O'Reilly to O'Reillioni so it sounds more in tune with Fittipaldi.
and yes Recon lap but no fomation lap is how I read it.
Cheers David, have we sorted out a race winning set up for our team? I feel scalps could be had tonight lol

Cheers David, have we sorted out a race winning set up for our team? I feel scalps could be had tonight lol
Oh I see you have joined the Minardi Lamborghini team!
Ill ask the engineers on my side of the garage to speak to the engineers on your side of the garage.

I see we have 11 runners now. We had a nice race on Monday with 7 so 11 or more will be great.

Oh I see you have joined the Minardi Lamborghini team!
Ill ask the engineers on my side of the garage to speak to the engineers on your side of the garage.

I see we have 11 runners now. We had a nice race on Monday with 7 so 11 or more will be great.
No, I signed up first then got my team to head hunt you for your special skills lol. I only joined this team because I liked the colour scheme

Damn my team haven't got the finance to have more than a driver that doesn't know setup lol
Same sort of story for me I only chose the Dallara ferrari for the sound of the engine lol

I chose the Minardi for
The sound of the Lamborghini, the dash, and it was once Australian owned by Paul Stoddart and it gave Webber his first drive in Melb where he got them their first ever points.

I ran this car in the Unnoficial FSR Winter Series but it was V1.70.

What is amazing to me about this car set is how different each one feels. Same physics and torque curve but you jump in the Ligier and would swear it delivers its power higher up (turbo). The Williams screams high tech, the Lotus bit agricultural.

When you are near another car on track the sounds are amazingly unique.

One question, do i need to be on TS during race? My TS is crashing don't know why and i can't sort it out because i'll be only at home at 20 GMT... My name in game is the same, "Rui Santos", so if it's possible to join race without TS give me the Williams of Riccardo Patrese ;)

Thanks!

I'm really annoyed but I have to miss the race tonight guys sorry, I've tweaked the muscle in my back again and I cant sit in the same position for than a few minutes at a time, have a good race.

What a race. I didnt do a good lap in Qualy P3, but gained P2 at the start and could keep up with Andreas, but I was really hurting my tires and Wojciech was getting really close and defending a bit caused a drop in pace and even more tire wear so at one point I decided, that defending was pointless and changed to a no stop strategy.

Everything was looking critical as I already lost a chunk of my tires, but pace in tire saving mode was really good, but Wojciech had a spin and I had to brake and nearly spun in his dirty air, which cost me 3 or 4 seconds. WIth less than 10min to go I still had a round 4 to 5 seconds over P2 and they were not getting close that fast. The initial gap after the stop was around 12 seconds, but Stefan spun after I was behind him a few laps (not in blue flag range) and I t-boned him and had the others now right on my tail. I did a bit of desprate defending, but with my worn tires no chance and then I cruised for the last few laps as I really hurt my tires in the last battle.

So all in all it could have worked out, but the two timelosses were unfortunate, but even on a 1 stop I would have finished 3rd so nothing lost and had a lot of fun:D

FIrstly, well done to the winner. Was nice to be on track with my TXL number 1 driver, Frederic Schumacher/Brundle after a long spell away!

Regarding my quali/race, this was my first race in 2015 on rfactor 2 and it showed a little. I came online too late and put in quite an average quali lap which meant the race was going to be difficult. That said, I was quite impressed with David O'reilly's quali time so first pat on the back there. no doubt driving technique is now a priority.

For the race,I knew my aero wasn't too low, so overtaking was going to rely on outbraking someone or them making a mistake. Initially i was surprised that my pace was allowing me to keep up with Nicolas and David. Nicolas was wedged between us and I thought i would hang back, preserve tyres and push later on. I also knew that my setup was geared for tyre saving and stability rather than out and out speed. in hindsight i had been a little cautious.
After a while, Nicolas disappeared. So i was following david o'reilly closely, awaiting a mistake. there was no one else close up ahead so it was really a race between us to have fun.the gap came down from 3 seconds to 0.5. at one point, david seemed to brake surprisingly early on lap 13 and i braked late (tho i'm sure i would have made the corner based on the replay). there was a coming together and a comical moment as i stopped to allow david his lead back and he did something that resembled a 5 point turn. on with the race, david was consistent again so i decided to either undercut or pit late. my tyres were surprisingly good so when david pitted on lap 17 (?) i decided to take a good couple of laps to get a gap. unfortunately i factored in cold tyres on david's outlap. looking back, the cold tyres didn't make a difference in this mod other than the first corner.also, i probably took the second lap too casually as i mentally prepared for the pit stop which i had not practised.

on pit exit, i came out and david and i were side by side. however, he had the momentum from turn 2 and the line. we jostled lap after lap until late on. each lap i believe i was quicker but david was focussed on good exit from the final turn. overtaking in turn 2 was impossible even tho i felt i had the better line from turn 1 and 2...because the dirty air was killing me. twice i nearly binned it. also, i had too much downforce (14/8). lesson learned.
this race started to resemble the hulkenburg hamilton duel at korea.
late on i tried an optimistic move up the inside turn 1 but i was too far back. i decided to give the place back on the final corner of the final lap as an honourable end to a fun race...only to find there was another lap left. so it didn't look quite so honourable. lol
i think david only made one minor mistake so he deserved to finish ahead.

Overall i enjoyed the race with this mod. in hindsight i was far too cautious with setup stability and tyre wear but the pace built up eventually and i am thoroughly back int he swing of things. i noticed that nigel mansell's pole was 1.15.7 in 1992. my best lap in the race was 1 tenth quicker ..so i achieved something. that said, i am well off frederic's pace still, so that needs addressing :) 2015 will be the year I beat you frederic!

thanks to all.p.s. a length post is a sign of an enjoyable race and a bit of time to myself for a change. see you on track soon.

Hi racers,

what an immersive race.

Luckily I finished the qualifying on P1. The times were so close. The gap to Wojciech, who started on P2, was just about half a tenth.

On racestart I could defend P1 and Frederic overtook Wojciech before T1. After some turns, there was a gap of about two seconds between me and the brawlers behind me so I hoped to achieve some more seconds between me and the others. Despite of the battles behind me it was very hard to increase the distance, and after Wojciech gained P2 again he caught up to me within the next few laps. In spite of my small topspeed advantage he could overtake me in T1 because I was braking a bit too late.

Behind Wojciech my goal was not to enlarge the gap too keep the pressure on him. Surprisingly it worked very well and just before the pit window opened he spins out of the hairpin in the middle sector.

After the pitstops I was on P2 with about 5 seconds in front of Wojciech and 11 seconds behind Frederic on P1 who didn’t stop (Nice tire management btw). Some more laps later all three of us were within 1 tenth of a second. Great battles over several turns and everything was very clear.

At the end of these great fights Wojciech was on P1, me on P2 and Frederic with his worn tires on P3.

Only 3 laps left, and again, my goal was to keep as much pressure on Wojciech as I could. Four turns before the finish line he did a small mistake and I could pass him but he was straight behind me. On start finish line he could close the gap inch by inch but I managed to win this race by 40 thousands of a second. OMG, I was whacked.

Thx to all.

What an immersive race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back