rF2 - 1992 - @ Sao Paulo - Wed 25th Feb

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Just to let you know I did a test of the ASR V1.81 at Sao paulo
It is nicer than V 1.80. More predictable and appr 1.5 sec faster.
Good improvement.

I have a tyre question, at what percentage should I be changing the tyres If I've managed to avoid flatspotting? I did 11 or 12 laps and it was 75% left.
Depends on the car (havent driven this one a lot) usually until 50% no problem. After that it is getting a bit more slower and if you go brlow 25% you are likely to "hit the cliff", which exists in rF2, so you can loose all grip whatsover.

I think tyre change after lap 17 but that is with my iffy driving. I carried on running and by lap 24, the tyre had 32% and was undrivable. This sim just blows the competition out of the water and I think I'm addicted! It's all I think about lol
Jim,
The performance does indeed drop off from at or above 60% or so but its disguised by fuel effect. So your lap time stays pretty constant. By around 40% even with low fuel lap time will suffer. It also depends how much understeer you have with setup.

But the simple thing to do is if you have to stop (which you will do as race distance will be 35-36 laps and the tyres wont do that), then best to stop around 1/2 distance give or take a lap. No sense running on bad rubber on one stint and ending on lovely rubber in the other.

When I'm at home in time I will join this race. Schumacher pls :cool:

Edit:
Just to be sure ... We will do a reconlap but no formationlap. Right?
Andeas,
Glad you picked Schumis car, saved me from needing to change your name to sound like the nationality of the original driver:).

Like O'Reilly to O'Reillioni so it sounds more in tune with Fittipaldi.
and yes Recon lap but no fomation lap is how I read it.

can we ask the stewards to ensure that Flavio Briatore has disabled the TCS hidden in the pit lane speed limiter software?
and @Gijs van Elderen
nice touch using the same font that BBC and Longines used in 1992.
Man I am there now, breathing in the Sao Paulo air and watching out for Bandidos.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back