AMS2 1973 Classic Tourers @ Cordoba, Tuesday 1st August 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
OK to come back after all these years is not that easy
I don´t get it what was wrong. I refueld the car for 14 laps. 14 Laps was shown in the setup menu. But already after 4 laps i was out of fuel ?? Even fuel consumption was set to x2 , the game should calculate how many laps that will be?!
.... so there is something about Multiplayer AMS i don´t know
:D

I'm sorry M8's. I had an engineering meeting dropped on my schedule yesterday., I was hoping to make it for the race buy the meeting went long :(
But am up and running with ASM2....loved the wet weather on the practice server......C Y'all on the grid soon.

I don´t get it what was wrong. I refueld the car for 14 laps. 14 Laps was shown in the setup menu. But already after 4 laps i was out of fuel ??
Yeah, not sure what happened there, but Malc had the same problem. Will you be joining for the 2nd race? No pressure, but if you want to join we have just started quali so you only have a few mins

Corvette prooved too macho for me, that fkn BTO 8 track is out the window.
Results: https://simresults.net/230801-ca8

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 22-19-08 Result 230801-ca8 - Cordoba_GP - RaceDepartment.com #3 Tuesd...jpg

Raced in VR after quite a few months of not using it. Was awesome to do this track in it as there are so many tight turns.

In VR I felt the cars behind me seemed a lot closer. So @GeekyDeaks I'm sure i overdid the defending a bit unnecessarily and took some suboptimal lines even if you weren't close enough to make a move. Ended up going too slow and holding you up in some of the turns haha...

@rockracer - sorry for punting you in race 2 first couple laps. I didnt expect you to turn in earlier as there was the slightest of overlap, so I had to turn in more and couldnt slow the car enough (especially as the brakes are so bad on this car). Wasn't sure so just kept going.

Last edited:
Raced in VR after quite a few months of not using it. Was awesome to do this track in it as there are so many tight turns.

In VR I felt the cars behind me seemed a lot closer. So @GeekyDeaks I'm sure i overdid the defending a bit unnecessarily and took some suboptimal lines even if you weren't close enough to make a move. Ended up going too slow and holding you up in some of the turns haha...

@rockracer - sorry for punting you in race 2 first couple laps. I didnt expect you to turn in earlier as there was the slightest of overlap, so I had to turn in more and couldnt slow the car enough (especially as the brakes are so bad on this car). Wasn't sure so just kept going.
No worries Adrian, I had a lot of vision issues with my VR goggles, so unfortunately I missed some braking points

Hi sorry was a bit “frustrated” by discord and this fuel bug? (Was this a bug?) and did not check the site first
Ah, no need to apologise, we have all been there at some point and it's not much fun when you are scrabbling around. I often scratch the first online race in a new or very infrequently used sim up as a test. Discord can also be a bit quirky, I struggled to find a way to bind a single joystick button for PTT due to how it handles joysticks.

Pretty sure the fuel thing is a bug, not sure if it's simply the game didn't save the changes or not, but one thing I usually always do is check the UI when sitting on the grid as there is a small box in the middle above the participants that shows the fuel and tyres. I do this also after making any changes as whilst I haven't noticed the fuel bug, I have had instances where it did not change my tyres.

Ah, no need to apologise, we have all been there at some point and it's not much fun when you are scrabbling around. I often scratch the first online race in a new or very infrequently used sim up as a test. Discord can also be a bit quirky, I struggled to find a way to bind a single joystick button for PTT due to how it handles joysticks.

Pretty sure the fuel thing is a bug, not sure if it's simply the game didn't save the changes or not, but one thing I usually always do is check the UI when sitting on the grid as there is a small box in the middle above the participants that shows the fuel and tyres. I do this also after making any changes as whilst I haven't noticed the fuel bug, I have had instances where it did not change my tyres.
I am using a sim-hub overlay Tacho including fuel consumption display.
In practice and quali sessions, It was working well accoring to the fuel amount i have filled in.

During the first or second round i already registered, ok the display shows 4 laps left instead of 14 i filled in.
But even if i would register that during the start just before the green light, what could/should i do ? I can´t scream into the mic "Guys STOP the session i am buggy" :D
:geek:

I can´t scream into the mic "Guys STOP the session i am buggy
Well, we can actually reset the 2 minute timer if you know you need a few more minutes to sort it out, but that is assuming that the problem could be sorted with another attempt in the setup. I'm going to remind people to check the fuel looks correct in the UI on the next few races to see if this crops up again.

In addition, I'll add that it's always a good idea to test the server out before race day. Also, the same goes for Discord, test before the race. If you have issues in the server, Discord is the preferred venue to discuss and find a solution - hell, you can't shut some of us up during practice! Anyway, it seems to be niggling issues for your first time back, it should be sorted by the next one I'd guess.
Group C next week @ Silverstone 91.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea