AMS2 1973 Classic Tourers @ Cordoba, Tuesday 1st August 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium
ss130718rd.jpg

With the release of the 1.5 update it's time to revisit the classic tourers from the early 70s. Bavarian scalpel or Detroit sledgehammer, the choice is yours this Tuesday as we match the two against each other around the fast sweeping challenge of Cordoba.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 Tuesday Race Club
Server Password: PM will be sent on signup.
Server Settings: X2 fuel, X2 tyre wear, light cloud
Setups: Open
Assists: Factory Defaults. Auto Clutch
Track: Cordoba
Cars: Vintage Touring Tier 1: BMW 2002, Chevrolet Corvette C3

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.
ss142307rd.jpg

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Race 1.
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 UTC (25 minutes)
Lobby Break
Race 2.
Qualifying:
20:10 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 20:20 UTC (25 minutes)
ss144626.jpg

Entry List
  1. Redvaliant
  2. GeekyDeaks
  3. *thegreatradish
  4. Craig Dunkley
  5. Bob Luneski
  6. Munkyboo
  7. max1966i
  8. *Kevin Troschinski
  9. Sanbone
  10. PurgerUK
  11. rockracer
  12. Reefabus
  13. Lloyd Johnston
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

Last edited:
Hey Craig, welcome back. I have the version that is the longest of the 3 on the server - not the TC or the short version. I can't recall what it's actual name is in game - GP? - but it's that one, the long one.

Last edited:
Such a shame that this is on the same evening as the Lotus 25 in AC. I'd like to do both and there isn't anything else that "floats my boat" (sic) atm. :(

Anyway, good luck for Tuesday guys. If anybody is reading this and unsure whether to sign up or not - just do it. This is a fine combo and you are in good hands with the guys at this club. They'll look after you and guide you through any difficulties faster than you can blink. You'll wonder why you never did it earlier, guaranteed. :thumbsup:

Cautiously putting myself forward for this one, I' m conscious I didn't show up last time due to an unforeseen commitment but keen to participate.

My first race in amost three years :confused:...great combo :)
I'll add you William as a maybe. Craig, I take it you are in, so added too.

If you have any queries regarding AMS2 and its settings just ask.

Last edited:
There's a host of things to sort in AMS2 to enjoy it to the fullest, like getting your FFB set up well.
That's for another time though, first, here's how to order your huds in-game.
You have two cockpit huds, plus a telemetry hud and a clear screen option that you navigate through a funky switch or D Pad depending on your wheel. The key bindings for scrolling through the huds are in the Options/Controller/Game setting.
Here's what the 1st cockpit view in options looks like:
20230725223609_1-jpg.682982

You can select the option you want and move it where you like as well as enable/disable all the elements too.
Here's mine with the leaderboard, full speedo, full tyre/damage/wear & the laptime icons.
20230725223443_1-jpg.682980

The 2nd Hud, and the one I actually use during races is the Light version. Minimal speedo and tyres and the relative timing screen enabled.
20230725223452_1-jpg.682981

There is more you can adjust such as size and depth and other tricks explained in the help screen seen above in the customisation menu. These setting will be mirrored in both VR and monitor view with slight differences.

If you wish to use Crew Chief or Simhub you need to enable shared memory and UDP in the system settings. If you don't use 3rd party apps don't use UDP as it's been known to cause issues.
20230725223121_1-jpg.682984

Last edited:
Well, failing that, we do have a number of US & Canada based racers who take part in our races, even if the timezones can be difficult to manage.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.