AMS2 1973 Classic Tourers @ Cordoba, Tuesday 1st August 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
If only there were enough people interested in a US based club. I miss running with RD guys.

DBock
Back in the olden days there was a Fri day and Sat 8PM East Cost US time races Friday usually touring cars, Sat anything fun, also there was Presto GP Pacific which integrated with RD for open wheel championships on Sat with mostly US, AUs, and NZ drivers. Tuesday and Wednesdays were tried but numbers werenp;t there. The Friday night events became very popular with 20+ on the grid every week. Takes numbers and a sponsor to do the significant amount of work it takes to run events.

Last edited:
Hey Malcolm, added.

*I remember that US Friday Night racing series - AC I think, I used to take part in that and it was a great club night.

So, I've put a couple of AI on the server as the track layout is a bit tricky at the back of the lap. There's a point on the track where the TC version goes left while this version goes right, but there's no indication as to which is the correct pathway. So track map or follow the AI for a lap to get your bearings.

Hi guys,

while i am still thinking about joining the race here (a bit late for me, it begins 21:30) after 15 years of multiplayer absence :geek::confused:

.... i have a stupid question first - Discord is mandatory, but must i have a micro ?? :D

Hi Kevin! It's not actually mandatory to be on Discord, but we do recommend it as we can co-ordinate any restarts or other shenanigans. Don't worry about the mic. Just being able to listen is fine.
Ok thx, discord is no prob.
but due space limitations my pc/wheel/desk is standing in the same room my daughter is sleeping, so it´s kind of problem for me to race that late.
Maybe it will work out with the driving, but if i have to talk at the same time she is sleeping, this definetly will not work :/

Ok could you sign me in without guarantee first? Must i choose the car here right now? Because i did not try them until now :D

That's cool Craig, choose whatever car you like. You can even swap cars for race two if you like, as we return to the lobby between races.

Ok could you sign me in without guarantee first? Must i choose the car here right now? Because i did not try them until now :D

Sign me up for this one please
Hi Kevin & Mark, added. *See above regarding the cars. If you haven't raced here before or in a while, have a look at the rules on page 1. Any questions just ask in this thread.

Just realized on the server my shown name is my steam nick instead my real name which i use in AMS2.
Wanted to edit that with the manual found in the rules section, buy without succes.

I just don`t have any Automobilista Folder here:
C:\Users\yourname\OneDrive\Documents\Automobilista\userdata\yourname

Just realized on the server my shown name is my steam nick instead my real name which i use in AMS2.
Wanted to edit that with the manual found in the rules section, buy without succes.

I just don`t have any Automobilista Folder here:
C:\Users\yourname\OneDrive\Documents\Automobilista\userdata\yourname
Ah, that is for AMS1.... AMS2 uses the steam user name. You can change your steam name if you want, but plenty of people who race with us have not. It's only mandatory to use your real name in this forum IIRC.

Well, real names was to ensure we knew who was who on the servers - it is actually the standing rule on RD. However, anyone who races AMS2 knows that it uses the Steam name not the ingame name, so we kinda let it slide on the AMs2 side. As long as we know who everyone is on the server then that's fine.

Well, real names was to ensure we knew who was who on the servers - it is actually the standing rule on RD. However, anyone who races AMS2 knows that it uses the Steam name not the ingame name, so we kinda let it slide on the AMs2 side. As long as we know who everyone is on the server then that's fine.
Ok fine. The nick is: NivekBS btw.

Last question (hope so :) ) The Rules sais: Auto clutch. But it`s allowed to use manuall clutch with H-Shifter isn`t it? Or is there any reason why not?

Okay, so Auto Clutch (not auto gears) is an allowed aid, otherwise we run Factory Defaults regarding assists. There is no rule on gears shifting - many of us use H pattern shifters in cars that have them, but we are aware that many ppl have only two pedals and flappy paddles so Auto Clutch is the one aid we allow on a general basis. ABS & TC are enabled for cars that have those aids but otherwise not.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea