1952 Ferrari 500 F1/F2 - [WIP]

Cars 1952 Ferrari 500 F1/F2 - [WIP] 0.91

Login or Register an account to download this content
Did you check the folder structure after unzipping? Sometimes its after unzipping a double folder like File name/File nam
It wasn't a double folder ( just checked ) but this Mod car is located in the Original AC Ferrari folder ( in game ) is that normal ?.

The game starts to load the Car / track combination - but then goes back to start screen after 5 seconds . does the same in Content manager & in Original game.

I have the same issue - I am not a beginner when it comes to installing mods like this .
But this one just wont start up on my Pc ? I have windows 10 on my pc.
I just put the folder in : Content / cars - Correct ?
Mine is installing to the correct folder. The mod poster replied back to my PM and doesn't have an answer why the car won't load. I've tried practice sessions, quick race, and other driving options and they all kick back to the setup screen when the car tries to load.
I'm sure it has to do with AC not recognizing the missing files which Content Manager is showing missing even though they exist.

Last edited:
Try to be of help here. Open the zip file and place the rrl_ferrari_tipo_500 folder in the assettocorsa/content/cars folder. Works no problem for myself.
My issue is the stock setup wont drive through a corner without major oversteer occurring.

I just give this little horse a ride on a circuit and it’s working properly. You should do a manual install, then it never should merge to another car.
Maybe publish a printscreen of your folder root, so we could see what is wrong.

Last edited:
Hi, "Lead dev" guy here,
i am trying to fix a specific issue that i have with the AC constraint based animation system i am using for the 500. The meshes parented to the SUSP_LF and SUSP_RF empties are rotating around the respective HUB empties when turning, which shouldn't happen as the HUB is parented to the SUSP nulls and not the other way around, the whole assembly moves correctly in blender but causes this in both the showroom and the game.
I'm not fully clear on what you expect, but the way AC works is
- HUB is used exclusively by the ksanim animated suspension system and only means something if you use those - specifically it's used to decide which frame of the animation is current (based on height of the hub in the animation correlated to height of the hub in the game).
- SUSP tracks the wheel's position but doesn't roll forwards (so brake caliper for example on most cars will be SUSP)
- DISC and WHEEL are set to the wheel's position completely, so they do roll.
- WHEEL gets removed during pit stop tire changes, DISC stays on the car
If you want something not to turn when you steer, then it should not have any of these as parents. Either use DIR to aim it at one of them or use a ksanim file to animate it.

Last edited:
Mine is installing to the correct folder. The mod poster replied back to my PM and doesn't have an answer why the car won't load. I've tried practice sessions, quick race, and other driving options and they all kick back to the setup screen when the car tries to load.
I'm sure it has to do with AC not recognizing the missing files which Content Manager is showing missing even though they exist.
Found the solution : Content manager needs the latest : Custom Shaders patch version 2.2. -Now it works :thumbsup:.

The error report I got was exactly the same as this : https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/crash-car’s-blurred-objects-definitions-blurred_objects-ini-are-incorrect-object-rim_lf-is-missing.240061/

Last edited:
My issue is the stock setup wont drive through a corner without major oversteer occurring.
Absolutly the same here! Some said „The car is great“. My first impression a few days ago and again after today is: The car is undriveable. It‘s not possible to brake gently because just with a soft step on brake pedal (red in-game brake indicator shows 5 - 10 % brake force) the rear brakes out and it‘s not possible to catch it.

A little lift off from the gas when cornering makes the car totally nervous and I wouldn‘t even think about braking. I‘ve tried cornering with more revs and on the throttle instead of rolling through the corner, but with no luck. Additionally, I roll into a wide corner with about 100 kph and lift the throttle a little bit (but still maybe half on throttle) and it begins to oversteer. Sorry, this has nothing to do neither with physics nor with the behavior of any car somebody is allowed to sit in there. ;-)

Why does this car want to spin all the time? I‘ve watched the given video at Bremgarten. It‘s impossible to do it this way, well, not with this car. Idk what setup this was but with the default setup the behavior of the car is way too weird.

I come from Grand Prix Legends, have been driven a lot of vintage cars in AC, even Formula cars, but this car has its own logic and I don‘t get it. :-/
Before I wrote this lines I drove with the Maserati 250F 12-cylinder for test purposes at Bremgarten without any problems. Also other cars which aren‘t easy to drive are at least drivable.

Extended physics for this Ferrari are turned on as recommended. Tested it with CSP 0.1.79, 0.2.0 and at last with 0.2.2. Track surface makes no differences. Mostly I drive vintage cars on „green“ or „fast“ asphalt. But also with track set to „optimum“ the car behaves the same.

As I said, I don‘t drive those cars for the first time. Why do some players say „it‘s great“ and user Stones and I say that it‘s like a widow maker? Has somebody an idea how to fix this (sometimes) unpredictable but always uncontrollable driving behavior? What causes it? Thanks in advance for tipps and suggestions. :)

Last edited:
I'm not fully clear on what you expect, but the way AC works is
- HUB is used exclusively by the ksanim animated suspension system and only means something if you use those - specifically it's used to decide which frame of the animation is current (based on height of the hub in the animation correlated to height of the hub in the game).
- SUSP tracks the wheel's position but doesn't roll forwards (so brake caliper for example on most cars will be SUSP)
- DISC and WHEEL are set to the wheel's position completely, so they do roll.
- WHEEL gets removed during pit stop tire changes, DISC stays on the car
If you want something not to turn when you steer, then it should not have any of these as parents. Either use DIR to aim it at one of them or use a ksanim file to animate it.
I managed to get it fixed, but thanks for the input mate!

Obi-Wan_Kannabis updated 1952 Ferrari 500 F1/F2 - [WIP] with a new update entry:

Suspension Overhaul

Greetings. Been a while. But we wanted to make sure this update was a huge improvement in all areas

Changelog:

-New AI Code
-New Gearbox
-COG changes
-Lowered Inertia Box
-Suspension reworked.
-Engine damage rework
-New CSP physics
-New Engine physics
-Tyre changed.
-More and finer Setup options
-Brake temperature management more realistic now
-Fixed Force Feedback
-LOD B added
-Mirrors now work properly
-Suspension Animations fixed.
-Materials Improved
[ATTACH type="full"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Try to be of help here. Open the zip file and place the rrl_ferrari_tipo_500 folder in the assettocorsa/content/cars folder. Works no problem for myself.
Yea this issue was a major setback in the previous version. Apologies for that. Hope you enjoy the latest version

Absolutly the same here! Some said „The car is great“. My first impression a few days ago and again after today is: The car is undriveable. It‘s not possible to brake gently because just with a soft step on brake pedal (red in-game brake indicator shows 5 - 10 % brake force) the rear brakes out and it‘s not possible to catch it.

A little lift off from the gas when cornering makes the car totally nervous and I wouldn‘t even think about braking. I‘ve tried cornering with more revs and on the throttle instead of rolling through the corner, but with no luck. Additionally, I roll into a wide corner with about 100 kph and lift the throttle a little bit (but still maybe half on throttle) and it begins to oversteer. Sorry, this has nothing to do neither with physics nor with the behavior of any car somebody is allowed to sit in there. ;-)

Why does this car want to spin all the time? I‘ve watched the given video at Bremgarten. It‘s impossible to do it this way, well, not with this car. Idk what setup this was but with the default setup the behavior of the car is way too weird.

I come from Grand Prix Legends, have been driven a lot of vintage cars in AC, even Formula cars, but this car has its own logic and I don‘t get it. :-/
Before I wrote this lines I drove with the Maserati 250F 12-cylinder for test purposes at Bremgarten without any problems. Also other cars which aren‘t easy to drive are at least drivable.

Extended physics for this Ferrari are turned on as recommended. Tested it with CSP 0.1.79, 0.2.0 and at last with 0.2.2. Track surface makes no differences. Mostly I drive vintage cars on „green“ or „fast“ asphalt. But also with track set to „optimum“ the car behaves the same.

As I said, I don‘t drive those cars for the first time. Why do some players say „it‘s great“ and user Stones and I say that it‘s like a widow maker? Has somebody an idea how to fix this (sometimes) unpredictable but always uncontrollable driving behavior? What causes it? Thanks in advance for tipps and suggestions. :)
The video was recorded with the 0.7 version. Which you can access in the history tab of the mod.

I apologise to you and to the community for the previous version. We took our time to figure out what was wrong with it, and I think we figured it out. So the latest version should be a huge improvement.

Most people, I think, who appreciated and complimented the car, did so during the initial 0.7 release. I hope that clears that up. And once again. Apologies for the bad physics of that update.

Also I'd like to complain cuz I didn't seem to receive notifications for these posts and I completely missed them untill now.

Obi-Wan_Kannabis updated 1952 Ferrari 500 F1/F2 - [WIP] with a new update entry:

Liveries and some tweaks

Greetings again. Not a huge update just wanting to give a notice on a few changes we've done

1. Changed redline characteristics so the UI works better
2. Added Mr. Malarky's 1955 driver that is more era appropriate
3. Added some Liveries:
-Revival Racing League Livery
-Historic Sim Studios Livery
-Ecurie Bleue Livery
View attachment 730130
We are going to be adding more liveries as our League members make the liveries they will race under. If you wish to partake in the 1952 Championship...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I really wanted to like this car, but I have to agree with AzaZeL666 in regards to the brakes — as soon as they're warm they pull violently to one side, even if you're driving in a perfectly straight line, on a perfectly level road (I tested it on the skidpad).
Of course, I've never driven the real thing, so are there historical records that describe this kind of behavior? I can't really imagine though, that anybody would've raced something like that, which becomes uncontrollable under braking.
It would also be nice if the brake squeal could be turned off. It becomes annoying rather quickly.
Could it be that this was tested with ABS accidentally turned on? Because if I drive it with ABS the braking is perfectly fine. (But who would do that with a 50's car?!)

Last edited:
I really wanted to like this car, but I have to agree with AzaZeL666 in regards to the brakes — as soon as they're warm they pull violently to one side, even if you're driving in a perfectly straight line, on a perfectly level road (I tested it on the skidpad).
Of course, I've never driven the real thing, so are there historical records that describe this kind of behavior? I can't really imagine though, that anybody would've raced something like that, which becomes uncontrollable under braking.
It would also be nice if the brake squeal could be turned off. It becomes annoying rather quickly.
Could it be that this was tested with ABS accidentally turned on? Because if I drive it with ABS the braking is perfectly fine. (But who would do that with a 50's car?!)
Pull brake bias forward. The brakes get very warm very quickly, if a race is more than 5 laps long, you usually stop being able to lock up anymore and there's no more pulling to the side.

It absolutely wasn't tested with ABS, just keep in mind that setup can always help.

I'd also like to notice that whilst the latest version is a huge improvement, in my personal opinion, this car still has a flaw with oversteer being too violent to correct for a 50's car. But, if you setup the brake bias forward and if you're gentle on the brakes, especially trailing into the corners, it should work just fine. Eventually the brakes start to get too hot and lose the ability to lock up. That might get tweaked in a future update, but they're drum brakes, so it's not totally unrealistic.

I should've left the stock setup with a more conservative brake bias setting, I recommend between 54-56, but adjust that to your liking, you might like even higher numbers.

Last edited:
Yes, the effect can be mitigated somewhat by adjusting the brake bias, but they shouldn't do it in the first place. Uneven brakes are basically broken brakes, and nobody would race a car like that.
Also, "gentle on the brakes" and racing don't really go together at all... ;)

Yes, the effect can be mitigated somewhat by adjusting the brake bias, but they shouldn't do it in the first place. Uneven brakes are basically broken brakes, and nobody would race a car like that.
Also, "gentle on the brakes" and racing don't really go together at all... ;)
I humbly stand corrected on this, we noticed that there is in fact an error with the toe value. Next update will fix it, for now the problem can be fixed by tweaking the toe value in the setup screen.

The video was recorded with the 0.7 version. Which you can access in the history tab of the mod.

I apologise to you and to the community for the previous version. We took our time to figure out what was wrong with it, and I think we figured it out. So the latest version should be a huge improvement.

Most people, I think, who appreciated and complimented the car, did so during the initial 0.7 release. I hope that clears that up. And once again. Apologies for the bad physics of that update.

Also I'd like to complain cuz I didn't seem to receive notifications for these posts and I completely missed them untill now.
First of all: Thanks for letting us know, apologise accepted and yes, the current version (0.91 from 02.03.24) was a huge improvment compared to the version I've driven first (v0.8). So I started to race this car with v0.8, which was the latest version to this time, and I've never driven v0.7. But now it made sense and I gave the car another chance. Deleted the crap-version (let's name it) and started from the beginning.

I was immediately able to drive a lap around Bremgarten and started to get used to the car. I also tested at Pau historic yesterday. More tiny corners and more braking. It's driveable now and it starts to make fun but there are still some unpredictable behaviours of the car which I couldn't find out how to handle them.

Today I've tested it on Donington Park 1938 and yes the track is pretty bumpy. But even on smooth tarmac the car begins to oversteer when I lift of the throttle a little bit while cornering. Braking is way better compared to v0.8 of course, but for my style of driving I need to put the brake bias a little bit more to the front instead of your suggestion to go to 54-56 %. Feels more predictable with 62-64 % on the tracks I've tested the car.

And today with the testing at Donington I assume that there's not only a problem with the rear brakes but also with differential settings. And the pitty is that it's not adjustable atm.
When I notice a car wants to brake out at the rear while braking (harder or soft) or when I just lift off the throttle (totally or from full-- to half-throttle) I could always fix that behaviour by adjusting the differential. I think it locks too much. E.g. I drive slow (40-60 km/h) and shift down from 3rd to 2nd gear the car spins into the corner. That's a) not realistic and b) weird.
And I shouln'd even have to come to that corner in 3rd gear at those low speeds, but the car is more stable this way. Generally that car doesn't like higher revs while cornering. It's possible - sometimes - but the car gets extremely nervous and because it's hard to handle it mostly ends in a crash.

Anyway, this current version is an improvement and I started to like that Ferrari (not just because I'm a Ferraristi for my lifetime). I wouldn't have driven about 3 hours since sunday when this car still annoys me. ;-)
It's special to handle but maybe the next updates will calm its touchy/petulant (I don't now if you call it that way in English) behaviour here and there. So thanks for this car btw. :)

Ok, for now I've invested enough time in that car (testing, writing), but I just wanted to give my 2 cents for the new release. I want that Ferrari to become an enjoyable race car, even with drum brakes. ;-)
As a trained car mechanic (over 20 years ago) I totally agree that drum brakes need to be treated a little bit different than steel-disk-brakes or carbon-disk-brakes of course. Carbon brakes need the heat, drum brakes don't. It's a difference like day and night. And the brake force they can deliver is lower than steel disks. That's all fine but the car needs to be brakeable and predictable. If it's not, nobody would have driven those cars back in the days. Drivers want to get out alive, not injured or dead. That's realistic. ;-)
Here I totally agree with @Kronzky.

@Kronzky: Thanks for the video. It shows pretty well what I was talking about in my last (1st) post. And I didn't even brake that much as you did. Weird.

P.S. I also wasn't notificated that there were updates to this section or to the car itself. I came here by pure coincidence and saw the notification bell highlighted.

Happy developing and cu. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea