100% AI

Morning all,
Is there a way of increasing the AI speed over 100%? Some tracks are spot on, but others (Imola, Zolder etc) they are painfully slow. Every other sim I've played you can increase AI way over 100, but not ACC??

I'd guess that this is an area of perpetual ongoing development... I presume Kunos being Kunos, they aim to keep the AI operating strictly within the bounds of physics, without coding in artificial advantages to keep them competitive... which means they have to "teach" the AI (in whatever applicable sense) to actually drive each circuit on the limit of grip, while also maintaining their ability to be aware of and react to other cars cleanly, etc, etc.

Honestly, it's a mind-bogglingly complex AI puzzle... and one that presumably requires massive amounts of hand-tweaking for each and every corner of each and every track (for each and every different car), and presumably requires re-tweaking every time they change the tyre model or such.

I'd say best to just accept that on some tracks, they're going to be slightly off the pace... the alternative is AI that effectively cheats... and nobody wants that :-P

Last edited:
I'd guess that this is an area of perpetual ongoing development... I presume Kunos being Kunos, they aim to keep the AI operating strictly within the bounds of physics, without coding in artificial advantages to keep them competitive... which means they have to "teach" the AI (in whatever applicable sense) to actually drive each circuit on the limit of grip, while also maintaining their ability to be aware of and react to other cars cleanly, etc, etc.

Honestly, it's a mind-bogglingly complex AI puzzle... and one that presumably requires massive amounts of hand-tweaking for each and every corner of each and every track (for each and every different car), and presumably requires re-tweaking every time they change the tyre model or such.

I'd say best to just accept that on some tracks, they're going to be slightly off the pace... the alternative is AI that effectively cheats... and nobody wants that :-P
AI that cheats is not necessarily a bad thing. See rfactor 2 or f1 2020, both "cheat" with the AI but the end result is good. The other thing is when the AI "cheats" you can give it simpler physics, which would help reducing CPU load. With cheating AI, you can make them believable by fine tuning them. Kunos has done an amazing job developing an AI that doesn't cheat and races so well but I believe that for the actual end product its always better to let AI "cheat" and simplify their physics as this way you can make them do certain things which are realistic which couldn't be done organically. Rfactor 2, grand prix 4 and f1 2020 are excellent examples of this. Neither of them gives AI the same physics as the human but when configured properly they give a very realistic experience

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back