1.4 Changelog Thread

Chris

Premium
  • Fixed locked brakes during pitstops
  • Weather colors now use colorCurves.ini HDR_OFF_MULT when PP effects are off to avoid super bright fog/clouds
  • Fixed shadowmaps in showroom
  • Fixed Lamborghini Gallardo S3 automatic gearbox and clutch
  • Revisited p4-5/2011
  • Fixed blurred rear rims on Lotus 72D
  • Tiny improvent on materials of BMW M3 GT2, BMW Z4 GT3, Ferrari 458 GT2, Ferrari 599XXEVO, Alfa Romeo Mito QV, Alfa Romeo 155 DTM, Corvette C7R, McLaren 650 GT3
  • acServerManager : added model shortcut panel
  • ksEditor : improved node grid tool
  • ksEditor : fixed control focus while moving camera

• Fixed crash in Lotus Evora GTC
  • Fixed shaders incompatibility with DX10.1

• New formula to correctly deal with lateral grip at positive cambers
  • Fixed Lotus 72d max rpm indicator
  • Fixed Lotus 72d Engine parts missing
  • Fixed GTA wrong transparency interaction between windshield and driver visor
  • Fixed GTA blurred rims
  • Fixed Lamborghini Gallardo aero
  • Improved Lamborghini Gallardo and S3 central differential logic
  • Fixed wrong rear hard tyres names on Lamborghini Huracan GT3, Mercedes GT GT3, McLaren 650S GT3
  • Model updates to the Huracan ST interior
  • Model updates on the Lotus 72D
  • Model updates to the BMW 235i
  • Fixed suspension animation on the Lotus 25
  • Fixed minor 3D bugs on Mercedes AMG GT3
  • Added interior light indicator on several cars
  • Added fuel indicators for some cars
  • Abarth Racing "stiching" light fixed
  • Lotus Evora GTC/GX headlight texture fix
  • Various LODs issues fixed on several older models
  • Tweaks to lights
  • Various fixes in the UI
  • Fixed several skin-related issues

Last edited:
Could you post a screenshot of how it looks? So that we don't interpret differently what the washed out means, and whether is an issue or not.
And are you using default filter and tried with different cars/tracks, time of day?

Thanks for the helpful reply. I just got the second Steam update of the day, and the sky appears to look better, at least from the in-car view. I'll try some more tracks, cars and different times of day. I'm not sure what you mean by default filter and I don't have any mods that I'm aware of. I did a complete re-install and deleted all of the AC folders, so it should be a clean install. Also, I don't tweak the graphics settings. Thanks again and I'll try it some more and see how it works.:)

1.4.2 fixed my brightness issues when not using PP effects.
After the update I did a steam integrity check.
Check on your C:\Users\{user}\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg the exposure.ini file has
[EXPOSURE]
VALUE=1

As a bonus, I got a nice increase of fps boost. I actually was able to increase one notch on both AA and AF.

Great stuff. As always with a game that allows extensive modding, many people will continue to have issues with conflicting weather mods and pp filters - do a a clean install if you can't be bothered to read the warnings about the changes since 1.4.

As I said three posts above yours, my install is four days old and has no weather/graphics mods (the only mods I have are some tracks, cars, tire temp app, and Helicorsa) yet my sky still looks washed out and white. Could you point out which warning I couldn't be bothered to read that explains why this is happening on an install with no mods?

As I said three posts above yours, my install is four days old and has no weather/graphics mods (the only mods I have are some tracks, cars, tire temp app, and Helicorsa) yet my sky still looks washed out and white. Could you point out which warning I couldn't be bothered to read that explains why this is happening on an install with no mods?

Mine too Brandon. Guess I didn't bother to read the warning either. No PP filters, no weather, and the only mods are the URD stuff. The sky is still white as snow and everything is washed out

Can you try this example and show how it looks on yours? 13:00 - Mid Clear. Max world detail (so that clouds aren't cut out by a lower setting) Barcelona moto, toyota gt86. Default PP Filter.

JweCdpP.jpg

I'm not enabling PP filters. I drop 30-40 fps on triple screens when I use them. I was at a solid 120 fps with no PP filters and 70-80 with them on, all the way around before they "fixed" the graphics. Now I'm struggling to get 40-50 with the silly PP filters on and when I take them off, I get the godawful white sky and washed out buildings. I want my game back like it was before Kunos "fixed" it. Call me ridiculous, call me whatever you'd like, but Kunos screwed up and they need to fix it. I'm not interested in workarounds or quick fixes. I'm fine with waiting for a patch.

Well I was wrong. 1.4.2. did not fixed the bright graphics without using PP filters.

It looked OK on Brands Hatch but is not OK on other tracks. On Barcelona and Mugello looks pretty bad. Some other tracks like Monza does not look that bad.

I guess will have to enable PP filters and wait for another patch.

On my system, and on everybody's system that I have talked to, PP eats the same 35-40fps that it always has; now it just looks much better using the default filter and FXAA.
If you are losing 80fps there is something amiss on your end and it is highly doubtful that Kunos will be able to do anything about it. Good luck while you are patiently waiting though.

You should take screens with the fps app open and report your findings, along with your logs in the official forums; doing so will only help in getting your problem solved.

Actually enabling PP for me does not eat to much FPS. When enabling PP I mainly have all effects options off. It fixes the brightness and yes I loose probably 15-20 fps, but still solid 60fps, sometimes dips to 58fps but no stuterring or other annoying behavior. And a result I get some bit of eye candy.

I mean, is not the end of the world. I have enjoyed AC all last week with PP on. I can wait.

My AC install is new as of this past Saturday, it has no graphics mods installed, but still has an almost entirely white sky. Using a couple of the stock PP filters helps a little bit, but with PP off or on default the sky is white.
I made a general statement, not implying that all issues are caused by tweaking/mods. I still think its true, many problems brought on by the users themselves and/or Kunos updates that expect a clean slate. Kunos can't develop with a consideration of every mod someone releases.

I agree though, the sky in AC is pretty crappy, I don't get white but pale blues. With that said, I'm better of with Mid-Clear and "Enable Post Processing Effects" OFF.

Can you try this example and show how it looks on yours? 13:00 - Mid Clear. Max world detail (so that clouds aren't cut out by a lower setting) Barcelona moto, toyota gt86. Default PP Filter.

JweCdpP.jpg

ac.jpg

I checked here and it seems to be ok now. Altough I still feel the skies to be a bit odd sometimes, like it is in some parts washed out and in others normal blue. Maybe it is the changes they made to the reflections that somehow affected the illumination of the game.
Anyway, with the Evolution filter and some filters from the mods section I still get a pretty good image so nothing to complain really.

Because the sky as it touches the horizon, there is gradient of sky color and not just one big blue image. Depending on the situation and interaction between natural phenomenons.
And in AC, the way the sky looks/illumination also changes with where you are on the track. So in a place it may seen too white, and in other place of the track you see more blue sky. The sun also creates a white area in the sky, where is positioned, and clouds can interfere too. Also notice the haze and color change in the distant mountains. Can also be visible in AC tracks scenery.

Image of landscape:
landscape-nature-sky-clouds.jpg

Because the sky as it touches the horizon, there is gradient of sky color and not just one big blue image. Depending on the situation and interaction between natural phenomenons.
And in AC, the way the sky looks/illumination also changes with where you are on the track. So in a place it may seen too white, and in other place of the track you see more blue sky. The sun also creates a white area in the sky, where is positioned, and clouds can interfere too. Also notice the haze and color change in the distant mountains. Can also be visible in AC tracks scenery.

Image of landscape:
landscape-nature-sky-clouds.jpg

You're absolutely right. The problem was that this white area in the sky, and also the white from the clouds, were huge sometimes and when I turned the exposure down, they were reduced to a proper size, however, the interior of the car became totally dark.
Anyway, as I said, it is ok in my desktop now, so it should just be a question of updating old files or reinstalling the game for those who are still experiencing the issues.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back