1.2.0.8 Patch (Steam)

Steam just updated the Race series to 1.2.0.8! :)

August 7, 2009 - RACE 07 Update Released

Updates to RACE 07 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Fixes

• Fixed stability issues in the rendering pipeline
  • Fixed session timer in HUD and Garage menu
  • Improved AI clutch control on launch
  • Various triple head fixes
  • Fixed saving of total stats
  • Fixed selection of track cameras when switching viewed vehicle
  • Fixed bad draw distance in free flight camera mode
  • Improved behaviour of blown tyres
  • Fixed blue flags raised even though they were disabled
  • Fixed bad behaviour of AI cars after race finish
  • Fixed bug with ghost cars generating drafting

Features

• Enabled all STCC and GTR Evolution exclusive features in RACE 07

This is not about whining, but about the fact that patch notes should be kept in parallel to the changes, and the lack thereof is received as rather unprofessional style.

Yeah the game was unplayable without the change log :)

Seriously let's be happy that at least there was a patch for the game, rather then continue to whine over a 6 line long document called change log.

If it was like this: you had to wait for 3 more weeks to get the patch, would we then be happy?

Customers always have an opinion (which we are entitled to) but hardly know how things work on the other end of the line.

Let's be happy it's here, there is a patch and a log and a new gaming coming up soon

• Ariff Roose

The patch also makes the controller setup of the game the same when you are switching profiles. It does have a problem though. When I go racing at the Nords in multiplayer mode, it doesnt load my profile and boots me as a possible cheat. But when I try again, it works normally. plus the black screen thing is there again..:sheep:

All I know is that the freezings and stutterings are now there constantly and so bad the game is now completely unplayable :sad:. I had these stutters more often than not before online but thougth of it as something with my connection even though ping is usually around 40-60. Now I'm not so sure. Before at least singleplayer worked great except for the few seconds freeze that happened sometimes, now it is totally unmanagable. How long is it supposed to be like this? Imagine the rage of newcomer buyers of Race On if this does not get fixed. After the session was done with terrible performance, the graphics performance monitor told me my settings were low compared to the 25-35 fps goal it had. And I had maxed everything. So it's not the graphics card. Does anybody know what to do? Is it possible to go back to the last version?

• Ariff Roose

I get mine forever to start. I lose connection and will usually never get to play a game sometimes. My connection is so bad... Also the black screen thing causes my minidumps...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back