1.2.0.8 Patch (Steam)

Mike Coleman

500RPM
Sep 4, 2008
Steam just updated the Race series to 1.2.0.8! :)

August 7, 2009 - RACE 07 Update Released

Updates to RACE 07 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Fixes

• Fixed stability issues in the rendering pipeline
  • Fixed session timer in HUD and Garage menu
  • Improved AI clutch control on launch
  • Various triple head fixes
  • Fixed saving of total stats
  • Fixed selection of track cameras when switching viewed vehicle
  • Fixed bad draw distance in free flight camera mode
  • Improved behaviour of blown tyres
  • Fixed blue flags raised even though they were disabled
  • Fixed bad behaviour of AI cars after race finish
  • Fixed bug with ghost cars generating drafting

Features

• Enabled all STCC and GTR Evolution exclusive features in RACE 07

Sep 3, 2008
It's probably just getting ready for Race-on, IIRC Race was updated just before GTR-E was released wasn't it?

Ivo Simons

10000RPM
Apr 15, 2009
The interface looks much sharper and smaller. Like corner markers and info on the screen.

Mark Birney

3000RPM
Sep 13, 2008
It also removed the Race 07 intro when you use the GTRE shortcut.

Also, XD doesn't work with the new version.

A

Andrew Evans

rtt is knacked also, natch....

also, they fixed the timing bug \o/

Sep 4, 2008
Programs like XD will always stop working after a patch because they rely on a specific version of the EXE. We'll need to wait for the authors to update them.

Seems Simbin hasn't quite got the concept of a changelog nailed down. We appreciate the update, but could Simbin please tell us what it does?

Ryan Callan

500RPM
Sep 30, 2008
When I go back to pits to load cars I get a few flickers of black screen. Other than RACE intro movie being disabled I can't see much else.

Jay Ekkel

Nov 5, 2007
A changelog will follow next week. It is holiday time for most of our developers, but we wanted to release the patch to the public as soon as we could, we did not want to wait another week with the release for a changelog.

Sep 4, 2008
Thanks for the info Jay.

I notice the STCC features, Super Pole and forced pit stop have been added even though I don't have STCC. Nice :)
I wonder if the AI change tyres without forced pit stop. Maybe that's why that feature was activated.

scca1981

100RPM
Sep 6, 2008
A changelog will follow next week. It is holiday time for most of our developers, but we wanted to release the patch to the public as soon as we could, we did not want to wait another week with the release for a changelog.

You guys don't keep track of changes while making the patch?

Mike Hill

1000RPM
Jan 26, 2009
The difference in project "theory" and "practice" is always there in the big wide world. Changelogs are always reviewed after a release to ensure that it is known which changed have been successful and those that havent.

Sep 4, 2008
Shouldn't a changelog be kept in parallel to a developers work? I can't believe that you just said that it takes you 1 week to create a changelog.
He didn't. He just said that they were on holiday, not that they are spending the week to make the changelog...:messed:

Terry Harmer

250RPM
Jan 30, 2007
for me
career.blt is working again,recording fastest laps
but real time telemetry no longer works.
not noticed much else yet.