‘When’ Would You Time Travel to?

monaco.jpg

Marty, we need to go back!

Imagine if you had the chance to drive your own modified DeLorean DMC-12 to travel anytime in the past and watch a specific event or race in the history of the motorsport.

Where would you go? Which memorable moment would you like to experience first-hand?

A couple little catches though: first, as I said, you can only travel back in time and not forth too; second, you have enough plutonium for just 2 time travels, which means that you can visit only one place in the past and then go straight “back to the future”, to current daytime. However, you may decide to use also that second charge to visit a different race or place, but then never be able to come back again.

In that case, what would you do: be content with just one travel, or use both charges and therefore remain in the past you chose to see?

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
I'd go back to San Marino GP 1994... I'd burn down Team Williams garage so Senna won't have the spare car, or even his teammate's car to race. Then go back again to present before police catch me. He maybe retired by now, but I have Youtube to enjoy all the replays of his glory... and the unknown man who took down the Williams garage in 1994.

Back to the 60's, when the rear engine cars first started coming out. You could actually visit the pits and talk to the drivers. It was also possible to get closer to the track(dangerous as that was).
I would have really liked to see Clark drive. The cars as well, hear them, get to see them close up. Nothing now interests me, compared to back then.
I don't think I'd want to come back after that.

I'd go back to San Marino GP 1994... I'd burn down Team Williams garage so Senna won't have the spare car, or even his teammate's car to race. Then go back again to present before police catch me. He maybe retired by now, but I have Youtube to enjoy all the replays of his glory... and the unknown man who took down the Williams garage in 1994.
now how to prevent that 1955 le mans disaster

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
Saving Senna would mean there would be more than just Jules Bianchi killed in an F1 car since 1994.

His death was sad, but he didn't die in vain, as the safety crusade that followed only made F1 better.

now how to prevent that 1955 le mans disaster

Well, every RD member gets do to their own bidding. You can do that! :laugh: At some point someone will save Dan Wheldon etc... Also, someone already quoted me having the same thing in mind, and I'm happy to give him the mission if it will make his day. @gianlucaP

I can also choose to go back not very far away in time and save Billy Monger's legs. I feel really sad for that boy :cry:

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
I'd go back in time to like the 70's when the regulations were pretty free, join a team, and put all the knowledge of modern F1 cars I know into practice and turn up at like the 1975 season opener with a car that has the downforce and power of a Red Bull RB5 and annihilate the opposition :roflmao:

It would be more useful to use it in order to prevent a terrorist attack or a disaster like the bridge that collapsed in Italy.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.7%
  • €151-500

Votes: 132 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 10.1%
  • €3001-5000