‘When’ Would You Time Travel to?

1970 / 1971 Le Mans, and I would do my best to get into this garage and take a some wallpaper sized photos. I would also take a trip back to the Group-B era.
c9bae1c234fa60ac977592e529fe6ed2.jpg

Funny how we're using the DeLorean and some of us didn't learn the most important lesson of the entire trilogy: Do not mess with the timeline! :confused: Sure I'd love to find a way to save Senna, or stop 9/11 or Hitler, etc but the world might be much worse as a result (for example: stopping 9/11 might have resulted in a nuclear attack on a major US city or one of its closest allies). THAT SAID:

MY MASTER PLAN!!

Make sure the DeLorean and I are in the Continental US.

Jump 1: Jan 1, 2016
  • Biggest Powerball lottery ever (1 billion) with the winning numbers 1 drawing before someone else wins it.
  • Give the winning numbers to my American cousin on the condition that I get half the lump sum.
  • Give the winnings to my past self with orders to
  1. distribute the money amongst our immediate & extended family except for about 10 million.
  2. Convert that 10 mil into gold bars (also, hunt down a few thousands in old currency if possible) and load up the DeLorean when you get it in 2018.
  • <POOF!> Tons of gold bricks and a suitcase appear in my DeLorean. :D
Jump 2: Jan 1, 1975
  • Use old currency to buy a new identity and passport.
  • Deposit gold to a Swiss bank and invest in key companies over time to increase my wealth, all while travelling the world to watch all the amazing races from then onwards.
  • Fast foward to 2018...now an old man, with hopefully billions to my name, in good health and the baddest sim rig on the planet, do the one thing only I and few others can afford at this point:

Buy Sebring. :roflmao:
don't flame me, I've already bought it, I think the price is fair ;)

As an Argentinian of course to Nurburgring 1957 F1 GrandPrix, which was the last victory of Fangio, the achievement of his 5th world championship and what its consider one of the greatest recoveries in the history of motorsport, after a mistake in the pits that cost him more than 1minute he managed to recover it breaking the lap record 7 times in a row "I've never driven so fast in my life and I think that I'll never be able to do it again" those were Fangio words.

Not in vain the only driver statue that's on Nurburgring its one of him.

fangio-estatua.jpg

I'm born only in 2000, so I would like to go back on, wait ...
There is so much extremely exiting racing periods, like the Group 4 and Group 5 period, All the group C perdiod, and the switch to Group C to Barquettes and GT's in 1994, to the end of this era in 1999. I was at le mans for the first time when I was 6 years old, I remember loving so much race cars, but I also would like going back to the 2000-2010 era, I was born you'll told me, but sadly I was too young to get enought good memories.

I would figure out how to bring a Camry XSE with me and work backwards year by year until I find the season where a dorky Toyota sedan would be capable of winning me the F1 WDC. :D

I'm guessing I'd only have to backtrack to early/mid 60s (when you factor in how much more reliable the Camry would be, even if it's not the fastest on every track).

Saving Senna would mean there would be more than just Jules Bianchi killed in an F1 car since 1994.

His death was sad, but he didn't die in vain, as the safety crusade that followed only made F1 better.
I actually disagree. After Roland's death, Senna was planning on re-creating the Grand Prix Drivers Association to assist in making Formula One safer. With Senna and his great experience and insight into motor racing, its possible that it would have become much safer much earlier, thus no deaths after Roland in 1994.

I'm guessing I'd only have to backtrack to early/mid 60s (when you factor in how much more reliable the Camry would be, even if it's not the fastest on every track).
Hm, but which years are a 3.5L n/a legal:
1947-1953 (up to 4.5L)
1987-1994 (up to 3.5L)
Kinda cuts down your options :p

I’d go back to 1986 and watch my old man win Bathurst! I was only 10 at the time and was too busy riding the team motorbike around the infield paddock and didn’t actually watch and appreciate the race..!

I think I would go back to 1972, the start of the DRM series and drive in that till the end, around 1985. Then I'd use my second charge to hang out and party with James Hunt, snorting coke off of beautiful women's arses.

Driving in my favorite series, coke and hot women!! What more could you want? :thumbsup: :laugh:

I actually disagree. After Roland's death, Senna was planning on re-creating the Grand Prix Drivers Association to assist in making Formula One safer. With Senna and his great experience and insight into motor racing, its possible that it would have become much safer much earlier, thus no deaths after Roland in 1994.
Senna would have tried, but it would have taken a few years. His death caused massive knee jerk reactions that happened instantly within the season. The death of a superstar causes quicker change than the words of a superstar sadly.

Hans, Halo and Tethers may have saved them both :(

To the future, where every sim has VR-support and we have 8k or higher VR displays at 120Hz with 210 degrees FOV and full hand tracking. (and the graphical power to run them)

I'd definitely go the lottery win route. Going back in time to see those races would be nice but with the money you could buy those cars and drive them yourself.

Going back to any old race might be a huge culture shock anyways. Nobody speaks english in the non-uk/american races, no internet so figuring out basic things like time tables would be a lot more difficult. No mobile phones, no gps maps, no credit cards... Best case scenario you step out of airplane and find a taxi driver that barely understands couple of words english. Worst case scenario someone sees you taking a selfie and you start the selfie trend 50 years too soon. The sounds of the race cars would be glorious though and you could probably get anywhere you wanted to watch the race

The death of a superstar causes quicker change than the words of a superstar sadly.
Same thing with nascar, hans and dale earnhard sr.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%