10.5 is here.
Biggest addition is system to sync your laptimes + basic lap data to global database. When there is more data, I will add functionality to the Tool, which will allow you to compare your own times to the laptimes of other users of the Telemetry Tool. The tool will ask consent for sending the data, when you start it for the first time.
Notable ASM2 related additions:
- New AMS2 trackmaps: Spa 1993 and Historic Jacarepagua
- Fixed detection of car names + data sent from the game
- Added new cars' data to the Tool
- Fixed laptime shown on the saved lapdata file name.
New general additions:
I expect this to be last big update for the near future. I will be hunting + fixing odd bugs and working on making the backend bit more robust before next larger release.
- Multi-histogram view
- Multi-XY-plotter view
- Map: Border color added to leader, car in front and behind for easy detection
- New trackfile format, which is more compact + also loads faster.
- Tyre pressures are now saved to lapdata files
- Many little fixes and tweaks.
- PgUp and PgDown work as zoom in all views (handy if there is no mouse scroller on the system)
For update, backup old installation, then unzip the .zip on top of the old installation. There are many new files in bin, lib and tracks directories.
For new installs, check the ReadMe.txt and/or the Youtube videos on how to install this.
If you have any questions, let me know.
Enjoy, and get faster.
New version of my Telemetry Tool for Automobilista 2 is here.
Notable new and AMS2 related additions:
See ReadMe.txt for list of new additions.
- Math Channels: You can create your own math channels and assign them to traces on the Telemetry tab.
- Updated the new cars from AMS2 v22.214.171.124
- Fixed UDP redirect. This will now send all data received from the game (shmem + UDP), so race engineers will have full access to all data from the driver
- Trace color per car corner (FL, FR, RL, RR) can be kept in sync in the Graph Color dialog.
- Histograms now work also with live lap + get updated as more data comes in
For updating with AMS2 in your installation,
For new Installations, check the ReadMe.txt and then maybe the installation video on Youtube.
- Replace Telemetry.jar
- Update the lib directory contents
Enjoy, and get faster.
The new 10.3 version is here.
This version has many AMS2/PC2 related additions.
Biggest new thing is, I added 'Shared-memory-to-UDP-relay', so that the shared memory data can be used. In SHMEM there is more accurate data for some traces, like speed, position and temperatures. Check the ReadMe.txt for more details. It is recommended you use the Relay with the tool, when using PC2/AMS2.
To use the relay you have to enable the Shared Memory option in the AMS2's System settings and then start the relay. I have updated the runWin_AMS2.bat to start the relay automatically.
Added GHOST lap saving, which now works bit like with the F1 feeds. The fastest GHOST from the selected GHOSTS will be set as fastest lap (typically after your 2nd lap against the ghosts), if you choose that for BLUE lap. This requires the use of the PC2/AMS2 SHMEM-to-UDP relay to be used.
How to update to this version
- Added game specific settings page for AMS2. Editing data there will also adjust the relay settings, so you don't need to edit the file.
- Added trackmaps to the new tracks, including SPA.
- RACEINFO: Added "time lost due to pitstop" field to the laptime section. Also added text showing how many pitstops and how much to refuel during those pitstops to make it to the end.
- DRIVING: Replaced the "Turbo" bar with "Torque" bar, as I think torque is more useful in AMS2 than the turbo value. Also added Horsepower data.
- DRIVING: Added to driving more tyre temp data + a slider for the tyre wear fractions. Handy when trying to learn how your driving affects the tyre wear.
- RACETIMING: Added PitS field showing how many pitstops each driver has made during the session.
- STATISTICS: Added some new data, including average fuel use
Download the .zip and unzip it to where you have the older version installed. There is new AMS2 tracks and in the bin directory the new AMS2/PC2 Sharedmemory-to-UDP relay.
How to install
Check the ReadMe.txt for new install instructions.
Viruscan results for the relays
In the past the relays have been flagged as "dangerous". They are clean, but here are the links to virustotal scans.
Enjoy, and get faster.
Screenshot after 200 lap race with the new Pistop time loss field.
Here is the new version of the Telemetry Tool for AMS2.
What is new
Notable AMS2 related additions/changes.
Notable other additions/changes
- Added trackmap for Hockenheim 1988 short, Buskerud x 2, SpeedLand x 4, Nurburgring x 4 & Nordschleiffe x 2
- Added new cars data from the update v1.4 & V 1.5
- Fixed Granja Viana Kart track maps
- Renamed once more all track files and build the system so, future track name changes in the game will have less effect
- Small AMS2 related fixes here and there
- Added to Telemetry Tyre temp + tyre pressure traces. These are also now saved to the lapdata files.
- Tyre temps + pressures are also available in XY Plotter and Histogram.
- Map can now display also texts for each turn, like turn names.
Inconsistent laptime data:
If you have driven extensively on the new tracks before this update, it might be that the indexing is bit off in the laptime data from what is in the release. I have created a tool to 1) check if there are inconsistencies in the data and 2) to fix those.
You can check if your laptime data database is ok by running from commandline (in the directory, where you installed this tool)
bin\win\bin\java -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.CheckTrackData
If the tool says, there are inconsistencies, you can then run
bin\win\bin\java -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.FixAMS2Data
What the this does, is that it updates the track indexes based on track length, so when you look at the Laptimes data, the laptime data is correct.
How to update
Replace in your existing installation the Telemetry.jar, the bin directory and also the tracks\ams2 directory. If you use this tool with other games, you could just replace who tracks directory with the in in this .zip.
For new installs, check the ReadMe.txt in .zip on how to install the tool.
Enjoy and get faster
New update to the version 10.
If you are updating, just replace the telemetry.jar in your installation.
If you are doing a new installation, read the ReadMe.txt first on how to install the tool.
Key changes in Version 10.1:
Added new cars in GT4 DLC
Updated the ACC_Relay to retrieve new data added in 1.15 of ACC. You must use the new relay 1.05 with the Telemetry tool version 10.1.
Added (optional) scale to the graphs and made it better in showing some of the data
Fixed bad clipping in the map on some situations
Fixes on some areas for the customizable colors
Fixed multilap traces position when zooming/dragging the map
Fixed multlap line widths to adjust when changing the racing line width in settings
Adjusted how the map is positioned on the windows, if user presses reset map.
Fixed other bad clipping of the track map.
UI /Map colors settings
Added trace line width slider for Telemetry trace lines.
Now Shumacher edition cars are also detected by the tool
Fixed issues on some small issues with other game data
Fixed: Wheelspeed was saved as m/s instead of km/h to the lapdata
Added option to settings to show the speed in MPH in areas of UI, where it is feasible.
Other little fixes and tweaks
Unless there is some super show-stopper bug, I expect this to be last version for some time, i.e. until there are new tracks for AMS2 or ACC.
Enjoy, and get faster ...