Greetings you filth-peddling dirt mongers.
Upon the release of Zeb's great telemetry tool I was immediately inspired, and I asked myself: This is a guy who's code I would be willing to steal for my own benefit. So, with his permission of course, I set about customising his tool to my own diabolical ends. I liked what he had done but there were certain aspects I felt could benefit from being done differently.
I was initially intending to submit my changed version to him and let him incorporate whatever he liked into his release but he's not been around for a while now, moving house I gather, so I decided to just release my version and people can use whichever they prefer. It never hurts to have options.
I would suggest using Borderless Gaming to position the app and force it to stay on top of other windows. This program can be found at https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases
After adding the relevant window to favorites in Borderless Gaming (if this maximises the window you can exit the app by pressing the escape key) you can right click it in the favorites pane and choose always on top, as well as set x, y position and window size. The size should be left as is, which is 1100 x 180 (550 x 180 for Compact Mode) or a percentage of this if you've chosen to use a different UI scale, since the controls wont scale with a size change made by Borderless Gaming, but the x, y coordinates can be set to position the tool as you like.
Thanks to Zeb for making the original.
Hope you find it useful.
Hugs and kisses,
The following is a list of changes I've made to Zeb's version:
- Overhauled layout
- Rearranged pedal sliders to more logical order
- All colours can be enabled/disabled using settings app
- Coloured pedal sliders, Clutch - Blue, Brake - Red, Accel - Green
- Coloured gear indicator based on direction of gear change, Green for up, Red for down or Neutral
to aid peripheral awareness of shifts as well as warn of accidental Neutral (Not that any of us would ever do that)
- Coloured suspension sliders red under extreme loads
- Reworked Steering indicator to show an image of a wheel rather than a horizontally moving dot
- Changed rev indicator to more traditional circular dial
- Added red colour change to revs for shift indication
- Dynamic rev limit detection to allow for different cars
- Option to colour speedo progressively, white to red
- Retuned G-Ball to show more movement
- Shaded G-Ball
- Option to make G-Ball flash Orange/Red on higher G-Forces
- Added lines to more easily judge G-Forces
- Changed timer to more traditional format, from seconds
- Removed display of coordinates
- Wrote settings app for enabling/disabling features, colours, changing wheel rotation, rev/speed limits
-Fixed average speed calculation
-Workaround to prevent reset of average speed and stage time at the end of stage
-Compact Mode/Wheel Mode
-Optional Clutch Indicators in Compact/Wheel Modes
-Chroma Key Mode
-Different wheel styles.
-Left a load of unnecessary BS that didn't pan out in the code
Please note that the tool only displays UDP data sent by the game which takes certain things out of my hands, such as the auto clutch displaying and a phantom driver who likes to rant the cars about while you're in menus. When the UDP stream is interrupted the tool will remain in the state it was in when the last data was received until it starts receiving data again.
If the tool stops working following updates to the game or Steam integrity checks please first check that the hardware_settings_config.xml file has not been reset, it may need to be changed again as per the instructions in the readme file.
Using tool over network: I'm opening myself up to a lot of troubleshooting here but if you want to use the app on a separate device on the same network you can. Preferably not using wireless though as it may not be very smooth. To do so set the IP in the hardware_settings_config.xml to the local IP address of the device, this will generally begin 192.168.1. Then change the IP in the data\connection.cfg on the target device to the same number and allow it through any firewall that you use.
Here's a video Meszes made:
Dirt Telemetry Tool - Cortextual's Version 1.3
Modified version of Zeb's telemetry tool