How is pushing Kunos to make a better product not going to help anyone? Literally have to debug and decipher every single value in AC to find out what it's actually doing, not what they wrote in comments wrong it does or no comments or no labels at all for graphs etc. Nowhere does it say those are peak values either so it's another guess upon a guess. I'm not paid by Kunos to praise them.

How is pushing Kunos to make a better product not going to help anyone? Literally have to debug and decipher every single value in AC to find out what it's actually doing, not what they wrote in comments wrong it does or no comments or no labels at all for graphs etc. Nowhere does it say those are peak values either so it's another guess upon a guess. I'm not paid by Kunos to praise them.
Because the things you're complaining about aren't at all important and the way you're complaining about them isn't constructive...first of all, it's a dev app and is therefore only supported if they want it to be, and second of all, the graphs are as useful as they need to be (if you can't tell what the curves are to begin with, numbers aren't going to help you; conversely if you know what all of them are, you're probably past the point of relying on an ingame app for the numbers - I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice, but it's really not necessary).

I also find the "every thing is poorly documented" argument rather flawed as there are now three dedicated threads on the official forum for documentation of the tire model (and the stuff that's not documented is quite easily understood).

hey that's a good audio source, maybe i can make a sound XD
from the few people i asked, no news for the sound :(

and damn that chicane was nasty :D

the LODs are done!
"Just" need to make a RHD
update rear suspensions
adjust engine power and few other details

Showroom_bo_caterham_academy_lhd_3-9-2017-22-58-15.jpg

Last edited:
"Just" need to make a RHD
update rear suspensions
adjust engine power and few other details

View attachment 215578
Do they make the Academy in LHD?
Details have to wait for now, I'm literally out of disk space and gotta catch up with other things as well as get a new HDD to save all the Cat stuff to :roflmao:
Academy is similar to 1700 but the suspension is different etc. there are a lot of changes to look up and setup.

Leo:
Can you see what they used in Automobilista for the rear suspension? Did they make DeDion or just hacked around it by using live axle or DWB? Is the rear camber and toe adjustable?

Details have to wait for now, I'm literally out of disk space and gotta catch up with other things as well as get a new HDD to save all the Cat stuff to :roflmao:
Academy is similar to 1700 but the suspension is different etc. there are a lot of changes to look up and setup.

Leo:
Can you see what they used in Automobilista for the rear suspension? Did they make DeDion or just hacked around it by using live axle or DWB? Is the rear camber and toe adjustable?
the rear toe in and camber are adjustable via setup on the Academy and on every other cat. it's probably a bug on rf1. I don't know how they did the suspension though and I can't even see how

Leo:

Daniel got a small incident with his car
upload_2017-10-8_23-30-3.png

so he's waiting for the guys to fix it to have it back to give me measures

I bet the guys doing the mod are aware of this data but probably the rest of us not so much.
Here are some lap records on several tracks for the Caterham Academy: (bold for 2017 laptime record)

Brands Hatch Indy - 56:08
Croft - 01:39.76
Donington Park National - 01:24.21
Donington Park GP - 01:53.89
Silverstone National - 01:12.47
Silverstone Arena GP - 02:38.12
Snetterton 200 - 01:28.05
Snetterton 300 - 02:17.59

Yeah, I'm kinda excited :)

Ben O'Bro: forward me what measures you get ;) I don't have a list of stuff to ask yet.

the rear toe in and camber are adjustable via setup on the Academy and on every other cat. it's probably a bug on rf1. I don't know how they did the suspension though and I can't even see how
RF1?
Is it adjustable in AMS?
On a real one it is via plates and I have not seen a single sim yet that has DeDion that's why I ask what's the status of it AMS that has this as official DLC.
The 2017 and most 2000+ Cats are DeDion. And I will test both live axle and DWB to approximate it but from my previous experiments the live axle will not hold up and 0 camber and no toe adjustment etc. gets annoying quickly. It will have to be approximated with DWB.

this is the guy, right?
Should be yes.

I bet the guys doing the mod are aware of this data but probably the rest of us not so much.
Here are some lap records on several tracks for the Caterham Academy: (bold for 2017 laptime record)

Brands Hatch Indy - 56:08
Croft - 01:39.76
Donington Park National - 01:24.21
Donington Park GP - 01:53.89
Silverstone National - 01:12.47
Silverstone Arena GP - 02:38.12
Snetterton 200 - 01:28.05
Snetterton 300 - 02:17.59

Yeah, I'm kinda excited :)
I think I saw it before, do you have a link?

Well off I go, so I can finish things and return to the Cats.

Thanks, I will keep it open and save. I have the regulations for various years but not these additional PDFs saved.

Oh, AMS is built in rF1 engine? Maybe I heard about it before but I definitely though nowadays that it was a new custom one.

Image Space Incoporated is one of the most popular technology providers for racing simulations. The "gMotor" engine is present in many games released of 3rd party developers like Simbin, 2Pez, Blimey or Reiza with titles like "ARCA Sim Racing", "GTR", "GTR2", "GTL", "Simulador Turismo Carretera", "Top Race Simulador", "Game Stock Car", "RACE", "RACE 07", "TC2000 Racing", "SimRaceway", "Automobilista", "Lexus IS F", "STCC", "RaceRoom", "Race On" and many others.

Well I'm not buying AMS that's for sure. I never liked any of ISI based games. Tried 6 of them over the many years I guess. rF2 much different than rF1? I've only tried it when it was beta? It looked atrocious compared to LFS at the time and it wasn't user friendly either. I hope they improved it a lot since then and people do seem to like it for WEC, it has driver swapping and so on as needed for leagues.

Is there a way to see the suspension physics visualized in AMS? LFS has this in the garage and AC can do it with suspension.dev.app. From that I can see what they used. My guess is rF1/AMS doesn't have live axle? Let alone DeDion. And they've used DWB to make the Cats. It would be the first sim I know otherwise if they can do DeDion precisely. AC has live axle, it's a dodgy (I'm not sure all features work with it from my testing) one in some ways and can only be used for making live axle unfortunately, no camber or toe customization anywhere, otherwise it would be nice to use it for making DeDion.

fun fact about AMS:

look at the mesh between AMS (green)
and pCars (black)
was there an agreement or... :rolleyes::whistling:

kPvS24E.png

ok that's just two seven, they all look the same anyways, i should know XD

let's have look at the interior
bD41FGx.png

kE026i5.png

and closer look ? because that still looks acceptable

74pn4mt.png

atd2sZg.png

well now, that looks really similar around that hand brake

ps; of course i did not make these screenshots, and i did not rip any copyright content. :speechless:

Last edited:
pCars black looks higher poly count. They are also two different vehicles from what I can see, green has lower/newer headlights often used on the newer higher power models where as black has the classic older headlights that get in the way when looking out of the seat.

If I had to guess green is some sort of Superlight is it called? R300+, Seven 270+
Black is Roadsport? The more civilian lower power, older model. Even seats seem to indicate green is more track oriented version and black road one. Same with tyres, green is on ZZR/S/CR500, narrower and lower front, wider rear and black is on CR322s probably, other option would be CR500 at 195/40-45/15 all around but that's probably more of an aftermarket thing to do and not a good one. Steering wheel and rear view mirror again same result.

My guess would be that they both bought the model from someone, be it an individual or a company. Unless they are both laser scanned and then post processed to reduce poly count which does make most models look similar in wireframe in the end.

pCars black looks higher poly count. They are also two different vehicles from what I can see, green has lower/newer headlights often used on the newer higher power models where as black has the classic older headlights that get in the way when looking out of the seat.

If I had to guess green is some sort of Superlight is it called? R300+, Seven 270+
Black is Roadsport? The more civilian lower power, older model. Even seats seem to indicate green is more track oriented version and black road one. Same with tyres, green is on ZZR/S/CR500, narrower and lower front, wider rear and black is on CR322s probably, other option would be CR500 at 195/40-45/15 all around but that's probably more of an aftermarket thing to do and not a good one. Steering wheel and rear view mirror again same result.

My guess would be that they both bought the model from someone, be it an individual or a company. Unless they are both laser scanned and then post processed to reduce poly count which does make most models look similar in wireframe in the end.
i think AMS is the 270r or 360 and pcar is the classic one.
i was part of the pCars development thingy forum, "helping" (giving few measurements) the modeler who made the Caterham, so it wasn't a bought model :)
From a polygon point of view, the AMS model is a pCar model modified, with lower faces etc. and few different details, but most object have the same base mesh. Anyways, it was just a fun fact :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back