Just a heads up that in the end make sure all your textures are in DDS format not PNG. You may already know this I just wanted to make sure. Car looks great by the way!

no secret recipe!
edit; because i have a skin modifier in 3dsmax on the spring, ksEditor made a skin material, i didn't choose it, ks did! So i'm not sure what it does exactly.
hope this helps!
Skinned mesh is a material needed for animations such as springs and gear lever leather, IIRC.

Looking wonderful! No idea about that left spring, though. It might not have exported the stretching correctly, perhaps?

thanks guys for the tips
I didn't know about the compulsory DDS. Shame the png was convenient :p

News & upgrade list:
  • buggy spring is now fixed (re-did it from scratch)
  • modeled a side mirror soon functional
  • and an extinguisher for a safer ride
    7mod_extinguisher.png
I discovered the "tx maps" in ksEditor for the car paint. So you can add a reflect map in other words! Making matte or reflective parts with black and white map. Now I am wondering to what extent can i make a chrome versus paint effect just with the txMaps, or with other subterfuge ? In order to offer the effect below
7mod_txmap.jpg

If it's what you are looking for, I'll post my findings about it as soon I'll have access to my game PC.
I worked with RSR guys to find the settings for the shaders that allow to achieve the following results on their Dallara F3 only working on texture alpha channel and map RGB component.
From normal reflect paint, to chrome, but also opaque and metallic.
Here an example, let me know if I correctly understood and if it's what you need :)
1) Normal reflect paint
2) metallic
3) Opaque
4) Chrome

soa005.jpg

Last edited:
It only let me hit 'love' once :(

I had to undo rating then redo rating 10 times just to get it out of my system :D

Absolutely stunned by your work... just awesomeness in yellow :inlove:

IMHO this needs to get released ASAP, before AC snatches it up and we have to wait for a proper release like with the NA Miata and the 787B ;)

J/K this is looking great, impressive work.

Thanks for all the love guys :)
I'm flattered by the "going official" comments, but i don't think that specific car would be attractive for licensing, it's an old model for a Caterham, not the best engine nor suspensions, it's not a proper super seven but a super sprint, and that's why it's cheaper (and why i could afford it XD)
So no worries about stopping having updates :)
We'll speak again when i move on the a newer model.
@Epistolarius the Academy mod is not being looked after anymore.
We'll see how the release of this Sprint goes, and then we might move on to a newer Academy Mod.
(*we is JackCY in charge of physics & i)

As for now that super sprint mod, will come in LHD and RHD, as well as an extra "long wings" more retro looking (but sharing same physics)
170117_screen05.jpg

so that's all for stage 1 !

Please don't let this get snatched by Kunos and end up unreleased, please don't let this get snatched by Kunos and end up unreleased, please...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back