Will you buy rFactor 2?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Yeah very early to ask with not much information released yet, but what we have seen so far looks very promising.
With rFactor growing and growing each day at RaceDepartment we expect rFactor 2 to be an instant hit for our racing club and racing leagues. Hence the question: "Will you get rFactor 2?"

Don't you like the FFB?
IMO they are great.

Well, it isn't anything like iRacings FFB tbh. (And IMO iRacings is quite nice)
You have to remember that rF1 is 6 years old, and 3/4 years ago the ISI team turned there attention to rF2, and didn't work on rF1. While iRacing still has consistent developer backing - hence the difference. So I think that ISI will be able to close the gap massively, beat the game in performance hopefully too!

I won't buy it probably .
ISI doesn't pay any interesting licenses, any modeler for decent content, any new graphic engine developpement. This is a simple heavy update on a seven years old engine, so I won't buy it over 20 dollards. I think that more it's a scam.

ISI doesn't pay any interesting licenses, any modeler for decent content, any new graphic engine developpement. This is a simple heavy update on a seven years old engine, so I won't buy it over 20 dollards. I think that more it's a scam.

Am not sure but think they ARCA paid ISI for rFactor license and sell their Nascar sim and WSGT mod I think is going to be part of core rFactor2, have talked to guys that made WSGT and they're regular modders though a strong team for sure - more than likely ISI will give them royalties or payment for their work. Graphics are DX9 which is all you really need though if I were them I would have made use of DX11 optimisations, difficult to say if they have already done this or not.

For £30+ quid there's no way rFactor2 can be called a scam, iRacing costs 10x more and you'll probably find that it's lagging behind in quite a few key areas. I am a fanboy of ISI sims but that's only because I love the way they do things, they know that the key to developing a sim and making it popular is letting it run free. For sure I'd be willing to pay way more than normal newly released titles for rF2.

What I'm most concerned about is cheating, I hope they keep on top of things and make cheating in rFactor2 impossible as it's quite easy to cheat in rFactor.

Am not sure but think they ARCA paid ISI for rFactor license and sell their Nascar sim and WSGT mod I think is going to be part of core rFactor2, have talked to guys that made WSGT and they're regular modders though a strong team for sure - more than likely ISI will give them royalties or payment for their work.

Royalties without license = Fairy tales.

For £30+ quid there's no way rFactor2 can be called a scam, iRacing costs 10x more and you'll probably find that it's lagging behind in quite a few key areas.

iRacing haven't my money anymore either.

I used to say yes, but with time at a premium and iRacing beeing my main game to play i dont see myself booting up rFactor2 much. Especially if it means we have to search for content donwloads tracks etc etc. Ive out grown it i think.
I used to love searching for files and mod's but these days with limited time iRacing just a better game... logon and play.
Maybe if i have some bucks to waste i might buy it to support ISI, as I did had good times with rF1

iRacing being my main game....if i have some bucks to waste

If searching for mod's in rFactor is too much of a bother and you would rather spend $12 to be given one in iRacing, then you have the bucks to waste.

On the other hand if you pay me only $9 I will personally remote desktop to your computer and install only the finest rFactor mods for you. This service applies to everyone interested ;)

If searching for mod's in rFactor is too much of a bother and you would rather spend $12 to be given one in iRacing, then you have the bucks to waste.

On the other hand if you pay me only $9 I will personally remote desktop to your computer and install only the finest rFactor mods for you. This service applies to everyone interested ;)

Typical example of taking a post out of context... :) It's mostly a matter of time!

I'm not sure if i'll buy it... I tested the dev version and the physics weren't great, low in content and poor wheel functunallity. 1.0 had better be better than 0.1411 XD

In all seriousnous though, I probably will buy it, however I am waiting to see what becomes of GTR3... I will need to see how good that is and the moddability etc.

I agree. Too much FFB problems with rF1 so lets see if rF2 works better, if not that's it with ISI. GTRE -> GTR3 oke!

I'm not sure if i'll buy it... I tested the dev version and the physics weren't great, low in content and poor wheel functunallity. 1.0 had better be better than 0.1411 XD

In all seriousnous though, I probably will buy it, however I am waiting to see what becomes of GTR3... I will need to see how good that is and the moddability etc.
Me too but I couldn't get the 'key' to work and unlock the game.

I don't know really! The problem with rF1, is that it's strongness is it's weakness too. Too many mods, very few people playing each individual mod, a lot of great mods not even used (unfortunately those that I would like to race the most...). I will see how good it is, probably they'll have a trial version again. But if it's not groundbreaking, I'll stay with my old games instead.

My opinion, rF2 is going to revolutionize "simracing" in many ways, and level the playing field. I really like ISI, they are a no frills bunch of guys, they don't try to wow the socks off the community with post processing NFS style screenshots and videos with all that smoke and mirrors crap, they just are trying to make a great game for "simracers", and I feel they really know what we like. So, big up ISI!!!

Peter, I feel exactly the same way, I spent most of my first few months downloading mods and not really getting better at any! lol rFactor, mod wise, can be like a drug! Just avoid rFcentral and you'll be off it in no time haha!
One of the reasons I like Netkar, a small dedicated community and great ffb and physics, unfortunately not yet with the bulletproof netcode of rFactor.:frown:

I think rF2 will have a lot of really nice niche communities for each type of racing, I put a lot of my eggs in the rF2 basket, and I'm ok with that.

So in short Yes! I'm buying it!!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea