Will you buy rFactor 2?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Yeah very early to ask with not much information released yet, but what we have seen so far looks very promising.
With rFactor growing and growing each day at RaceDepartment we expect rFactor 2 to be an instant hit for our racing club and racing leagues. Hence the question: "Will you get rFactor 2?"

To be quite frank, I won't buy it unless all the flags of my country are included. With rFactor, the only flags of my country were the Scottish, English and Welsh flags. This left no option for Northern Irish players who couldn't select their national flag - the British flag - or their regional flag.

Sort it out and I will consider buying it.

Well, IMHO the British flag should be the one included as no regional flags for all the other countries are in the games, and believe me a lot of people would like that, but in motorsports the British citizens compete under British flag.

To be quite frank, I won't buy it unless all the flags of my country are included. With rFactor, the only flags of my country were the Scottish, English and Welsh flags. This left no option for Northern Irish players who couldn't select their national flag - the British flag - or their regional flag.

Sort it out and I will consider buying it.

Its annoying but it won't decide whether I buy the game or not :p

Linux, mod management, availability in shops.

Unfortunately no (probably not):

I'd think about it seriously if I could buy it in a shop, or if there was a Linux port. (My problem is that I don't have a credit card yet)

It would be cool if there was like a mods server (with ftp for local mirrors) so you could submit mods and install them from ingame though.

No doubt for me, a definate YES! I'm still pretty new to this interwebby racing thing and started on GTL (a game I still rate highly) but have slowly but surely converted to rFactor. For me rF has the best connection to the cars (that intanagable somthing), is supremely stable, the very best physics and is for sure the best for mods. On the downside, rF leaves some areas with much to be desired, FFB is at its very best, averidge, the menu system is quite appaling and the Cars and tracks that come with game are hardly of jaw dropping quality lol.

BUT........... With the right mods installed, rF (to me at least) is unquestionably the best of the current sims. I have Race 07 / on, played it a handful of times, just cant enjoy it at all, but GTR2 is good and I still get GTL out.......... I hope that rF2 will sort the problems I have listed above (from what I read, it sounds they have) and frankly I cant wait :)

Definite YES! I have bought every title using the same engine but rF is the only one I still drive.. the SimBin ones are too console/arcade feeling for me. Hopefully rF2 has the same "sim" feel that rF does.

I wouldn't think you need to worry about rF2 going down the iRacing road. rFactor relies of community content were iRacing dose not. For ISI to go down this path they would have to be fully committed to it because the mod teams will no longer support it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.0%