What's still missing in AC?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Think we can all agree that we adore this sim but despite the fact the game has reached version 1.x it's far from completed.

Personally I don't understand why AC was labeled 1.0, with some very basic sim racing features missing compared to competing titles on the PC sim racing market, and not just kept early access until all work was done.

To just have an overview of what's still missing I'd like to hear your opinion in this discussion thread.

What's absolutely needed to call AC complete?

Too many issues i don´t like in Assetto Corsa. Make it short: Play Raceroom Racing Experience and feel the difference. This game is close to perfect in my opinion. Only the nice forcefeedback i like more with some cars and the F1-Mods (both). With very speedy cars i like AC, but with GT-cars and slower it feels much to slow. Even on my bicycle i have more speed-immersion.
maybe you're just insanely fast on your bike... :D

more cars:
- gt4
- gt2
- le mans spec
- porsche (RUF) cup
- gt3 (still missing a lot)

more tracks (obvious)

better penalty system

better sounds

weather --> why do we have whipers in the showroom but not use them??

and lots of more things allready listed

Things are progressing well, most things posted are what I've been looking for. But here are some I'd like to reiterate:

-up to date multiplayer display tables, names, gaps, pings, and SECTOR times.
-physics, still lots of room for improvement, also what is it with cars' tires never leaving the ground with they get bumped and get airborne. Really annoying to see that.
-sounds can use some work although not as bad as some of the other points mentioned.

V8 Supercars
or this:
holden_zpswj7rialf.jpg

I'm really missing those engine mappings too. Ignition maps, fuel maps and stuff...
I realise there is enough to do still for the bigger issues and other features, but that would be a great add somewhere in the future...

For me it simply is unbelievable we still can't host a proper league with all these tools missing. We got a great booking mode, which is perfect for organizing leagues but at the same time we miss essential league tools for example:
  1. No spectating slots
  2. No adjustable pit boxes, we really could use something that allows us to change pit box locations only on Kunos tracks, 22 - 24 slots simply doesn't cut it for leagues
With the 'track variants' feature added w/ the Nordschleife it is almost certainly possible to make an 'extra pits + extra starting grid' variant on an existing track now, since you can add objects to a track without modifying the original kn5. Haven't tested how it works in detail so I can't say precisely what would get it done most easily.

I'm not sure if you can put specific players into specific pit slots with prebooking (I can't host so no way to test), if so then it'd be possible to add some spectating points at wherever is convenient to have them park.

Last edited:
Would just like a few basic things, like...

Better/easier MP set up so I can run a game with my mates.
Better Rift support when it comes to pitting and car set up.
More use of wheel buttons, like restarting a game, re-aligning the Rift, etc.

Last edited:
A kunos run MP server running multiple pub races with official content cars and tracks. You know, like R3E does. Do we really need 200 servers all running races on the same track?

Not sure what AI you have - it's still terrible for me!
They still don't have enough reaction when a car invades their little car-train, yes, but they are much better. I guess it's just what your expectations are. Kunos has clearly learned some things, the main AI aspects still lacking a little are aggression and reaction to other drivers who invade their space. Right now they are a little undynamic, but they are fun to race, and optimized as hell...I can now race 18 cars on almost full settings with 59 fps average! Pretty darn good for an update including miles of new code by a small team.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.