What's still missing in AC?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Think we can all agree that we adore this sim but despite the fact the game has reached version 1.x it's far from completed.

Personally I don't understand why AC was labeled 1.0, with some very basic sim racing features missing compared to competing titles on the PC sim racing market, and not just kept early access until all work was done.

To just have an overview of what's still missing I'd like to hear your opinion in this discussion thread.

What's absolutely needed to call AC complete?

- detailed results after the end if the race (numbers are one of the most important things in racing) with overall race time, lap per lap times, and so on... To the sectors times if I'm picky
- proper penalty system (or customable, chosen by server side, but with plenty of possibilities)
- setup sharing on setup screen between drivers on server

Haven't read the whole tread, but I would say:
-A proper day/night cycle to enable endurance races.
-Driver swaps (multiplayer hotseat even!)
-Dirt tracks / physics / cars (rally!)
-Proper weather system with precipitation
-More complete series (like RaceRoom does)
-Formula 1! ;)

-Much better force feedback
-Physics that don't feel numb, lifeless and scripted
-AI where the "I" actually stands for intelligence
(those first three points are a game breaker for me ATM)

-Completely dynamic rubber build-up on the track instead of scripted grip gain
-Endurance features
-Day to night cycle
-Proper weather

Other that all important mentioned above, I would add:

- dynamic engine temperatures
- dynamic ambient temperatures
- dynamic brake temperatures
- safety car (bit too much to handle ?)
- proper race finish (let the guy cross the line, no counter after first one finishes)

Even old rF had it and AC is supposed to be new era software ? lol

Last edited:
AC has come a long ways and i enjoy it more than i used to but the biggest thing for me that needs improvement is in the ffb and tire model.The way the cars behave when pushed to the limit and the steering wheel movements don't match what i see in real life on board videos.

After very important tire model and ffb improvements come a long list of other wishes.I'm sure i will forget some things but here are some of the more glaring needs imo.

-Netcode improvements.
-Fully dynamic road that changes and builds up rubber depending on were the cars drive and with marble build up.
-24 hour day night cycle
-Weather would be nice but if it's not well done then don't bother.Nothing makes me cringe like bad weather effects.
-Race time to complete as well as race laps to complete,up to 24 hours time or 500 laps or so.Basically we need endurance features with driver swaps.
-No automatic pitspeed limiter,or at least the option of automatic or manual.Also pitlane speeding penalties.
-More setup options,and why can't we delete a setup from within the game?
-All controls assignable,nothing hard codded.
-Option for bigger grids both online and offline.For example it would be nice to have much more than 24 cars on the nords.
-Pitstop presets like what race07 has.
-Better damage modeling.
-All features of the game the same for offline and online,like pitstops.
-Proper race starts with penalty for starting early.

I hope AC will develop into the full on hard core sim i want it to be but i fear the target market audience might not be the hard core sim racer.I hope I'm wrong,Kunos please prove me wrong and make this a proper motorsports simulation.:)

Last edited:
AC has come a long ways and i enjoy it more than i used to but the biggest thing for me that needs improvement is in the ffb and tire model.The way the cars behave when pushed to the limit and the steering wheel movements don't match what i see in real life on board videos.

After very important tire model and ffb improvements come a long list of other wishes.I'm sure i will forget some things but here are some of the more glaring needs imo.

-Netcode improvements.
-Fully dynamic road that changes and builds up rubber depending on were the cars drive and with marble build up.
-24 hour day night cycle
-Weather would be nice but if it's not well done then don't bother.Nothing makes me cringe like bad weather effects.
-Race time to complete as well as race laps to complete,up to 24 hours time or 500 laps or so.Basically we need endurance features with driver swaps.
-No automatic pitspeed limiter,or at least the option of automatic or manual.Also pitlane speeding penalties.
-More setup options,and why can't we delete a setup from within the game?
-All controls assignable,nothing hard codded.
-Option for bigger grids both online and offline.For example it would be nice to have much more than 24 cars on the nords.
-Pitstop presets like what race07 has.
-Better damage modeling.
-All features of the game the same for offline and online,like pitstops.
-Proper race starts with penalty for starting early.

I hope AC will develop into the full on hard core sim i want it to be but i fear the target market audience might not be the hard core sim racer.I hope I'm wrong,Kunos please prove me wrong and make this a proper motorsports simulation.:)

Lack of pretty much all this stopped me going near my PC (Only used for AC, expensive i know to just sit there) about 10 months ago.

Strange thing is that the function for wipers is there and there is even a FBX animation which shows how wipers work,but the function isnt there in game.I wonder why the animation is there if it doesnt work. :D
Better question ...why is there if there is no rain?:D
Easier to code the animation, than the weather effects, but without the effects theres no point in finishing coding the animation into the game

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back