What Videocard Should I Buy?

Can you show us a link to the PSU?

It's best not to skimp out on a very cheap PSU, you cant trust them, it's best to have a known reliable brand, and that means spending a bit more but remember the PSU is the heart of your system.

Also the PSU needs the right amps to run the card properly. So a link would be good to have a look.

Ypu should be ok so long as you dont go loading your system further with loads of hard drives and overclocks.

I tend to find the cheaper supplys are ok with standard couple of drives and 1 gpu but they tend to be lacking on the burst front, where the more respected brands will punch well above their wieght for short burst if its needed. if you can stretch to the OCZ ones Damian posted it will give you that extra piece of mind. PSU's are often overlooked and like with all parts you should generally get the best you can afford.

• Kyle Evers

As nice as they seem, they are a bit much. I am looking to spend more towards 30.00. Those are a bit overboard too. I just need something that can run a higher end HD card, 1 CD/DVD drive, 1 hard drive, and the motherboard.

• Kyle Evers

Or though it might not be the best card out there in today's world it's allot better then your 8500gt, it should play all the sims on maxium settings np.

4850 is allot better though.

Really? I was comparing the specs but it didn't seem to be THAT much better. How much better is it really?

• Kyle Evers

I'm discussing all of this on another forum as well. They suggested I get a Corsair 400W (I think that's about all I need) and possibly a Galaxy 9800GT, though I'd prefer to get a 4850.

• Kyle Evers

I think I'm willing to spend a little more in order to get a Corsair. Corsair is supposedly the best PSU manufacturer right now, and it's an okay price.

That's the one they showed me.

• Kyle Evers

I'm going to. Also had the issue before where I thought a part of my motherboard (looks like some sort of heatsink) is protruding from the face of the motherboard, thus effecting which size card I could put. But I got that sorted out, and so now I am just discussing with some others which card I could get. Looking at 4830s and 4850s.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.