What i think is not right with RRes physics?!

Msportdan

@Simberia
FINAL UPDATE!
hhhhmmmmmmm so i gave the DTMs on RF2 a try last night and just fell for them, so nice to drive feels natural nice FFB and weight in wheel.

Go ahead and i put RRe and it just feels wrong, (even with my new settings) the middle of the wheel feel loose/light and has no ffb. Its horrid.. Unless you have the wheel turned its just poor. Only way i can really cure this is turn up steering force, then i start getting the "auto" bloody straighten wheel assist or whatever it is. (possibly too much forcing the other way)

I have come to the conclusion (as apart from buying a new wheel) that this is a great game etc, but when played with another sim with better physics, you can notice it so much more. Its to a point its off putting.

Maybe a possibility of a minumum force setting? Well since not one dev has commented on it it must just be me, or im being ignored, it doesnt really matter as so many people think the FFB are bang on "ppffft" lol.

So for me there is STILL something that isnt quite right about RRe physics etc.... and until S3 fix this (floaty around the centre feel) ill stand by my OP, because ive given up searching for the "sweet spot"!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL POST
I tried something on the way home in my car (f20 125i msport bmw rwd). Ive never really would say I practice sim driving on the road. I tried swerving left and right really quickly. Which is something ive been comparing in the sims im playing. I know this sounds silly, but I remember someone saying how good a set of physics are by, aggressively going left and right and see if the tyres slip (bite and slip ) as you get faster and more intense.

To my surprise (okay I wasn't do track speeds but its all relative) my cars was quite sharp on its front end, they front tyres felt connected to the road and there wasn't much roll in the car. (probs due to the msport suspension) only as I got faster did the tyres start to slip, but that is also 220bhp through the rear.

Anyway I got in and tried the Wttc bmw, which is a tad similar okay no where near but you know what I mean. To my dismay the race spec car felt horrid, it felt squishy on it front suspension felt quite numb up front, and felt like this was the road car.!! When you do the motion I was doing In my car you get a sort of a sway going, like a pendulum effect. THIS IS WHATS KILLING RRE FOR ME. many a times ive popped out of a slipstream and ive had this awrkward sway feeling. Sorry it feels wrong, You don't feel like your connected to the road the suspension doesn't feel responsive and confidence isn't gained this way.

So I tried another sim that im getting back into at the mo (excusing its dire AI) and that's AC. I popped into the BMW m3 (another similar car) and tried the old swerve down the Monza straight ... and there it was that felt like my car.. and it did. it felt responsive tyres dug and bit like a tyre under load, I could feel the suspension doing its work....and I wont lie it felt like I was driving my car, just a bit more of an expensive version lol.

obviously in both sims and in real life if I kept the throttle and swerving up I would end up in heading the other way. But in RRE its that transition between getting into the slide, and the feeling of that bite. The feeling of the front end on cars and suspension, just isn't felt imo in RRe. Okay setups could help, but it feels to far deep to fix purely by setups.

Look im not here to bash, its purely critism, that I think S3, if they wanted to could sort out and make this shine. You guys know im a backer of RRe..

Last edited:
ive enabled 100% centre value into my profiler, now this feels like Im driving a race car wow.. this counters the loose feel of the inverted ffb, now it feels real!!!!

Just to clarify: you`ve enabled centring and set it to 100%? Have you gone back to inverted FFB, as I found the cars completely undriveable without it. I also have a DFGT.
BTW, I have the spring/damper settings on and at 100% (i.e. default) and that improved the FFB for me.

sure, the rcs file is default btw.

kd8kqu.jpg

10ndnom.jpg

1qkeuf.jpg

28k0msm.jpg

Attachments

• Logitech Driving Force GT Custom_dans.rcs
    16.8 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Just to clarify: you`ve enabled centring and set it to 100%? Have you gone back to inverted FFB, as I found the cars completely undriveable without it. I also have a DFGT.
BTW, I have the spring/damper settings on and at 100% (i.e. default) and that improved the FFB for me.

I have inverted off and 100% centre. you don't need anything else in profiler on, only centre value.

off topic: with my settings you can actually get into an old car (old physics) and tell whats difference by feel.

Also with lat/ver settings im not sure exactkly how to have these. Im trying to get max feel throught the front tyres that's all. some people say have lateral slightly lower. This is a wip

just tried the fwd civic, what a difference, even pulling away from box I felt the wheels slip , like never before.. The gt cars feel heavier as they should. the fwd drive is light and nimble at the front very communicative in feeling..

I lowered the lat and vert to 150/80. I think too much is causing clipping etc.

Think gonna let that simmer now.. enuf rre for one day. but happy ive made it better for me and anyone else out there actually listening to my BS lol

nite peeps

happy racing

p.s any tweaks to this especially lat.ver values im all ears :)!

Last edited:
Very intersting thread that got me thinking about my G27 settings...
Profiler: 107/100/100
and ingame:
2n88l6x.jpg

With GT cars I sometimes get this "floaty" feel aswell. It feels like the front end has very little grip and therefore the cars understeers at low speeds and I get a slightly drifty feel in highspeed corners.
I tried the 200% vertical load and 200% lateral force which seems to have helped Dan and the cars definitely seems more "planted", but I feel like the wheel wants to center itself all time and I kind of have to fight it.
Any G27 users with some suggestions?

I already reset all my FFB values, except Steering Rack (still at 0), to 100 earlier today when I was trying to get to grips with the BMW in the WTCC which is one really $%£*&(!$% terrible car - in my honest opinion. :D

Andi and I were discussing the way you can set this game up to rip your thumbs off with the FFB and it occurred to me that I hadn't tried the base values for a while.

I increased my in-game FFB to 80% and left the Profiler at 101% for my Logitech G25. It felt surprisingly okay. I also stuck about 33% on brake vibrations and kerbs just for the 'feel'.

I think the base FFB in the game has improved dramatically over time and can really only get better from here. The almost default setting I ran earlier felt great with the Cruze in the WTCC races we had tonight.

No complaints at the moment. :thumbsup:

tried is aswell, it's like a new experience of driving like the wheel assists you into the corners, reminds a bit of gsce demo i tried a few years ago. but the center is pretty floaty though i checked the centre-thingy on the profiler. Cars like AudiGTO are harder to drive (drift). Not sure, pn one side good but on the other hand bad...will revert back.

thanks jay..

i agree at first it felt odd (centre floaty) but more i tweaked better it felt. (raising the centre value past 100 will fix this) Thats where i think theres a glitch in the handling original (inverted) ffb. There a lack of force when returning the wheel.

In my settings if i zig zag i get force where i expect it to be , thats when the tyres are scrubbing when turning direction, not the other way around.

But i did notice that it (handling) became more challenging/natural, it wasnt so forgiving any more.

i still believe theres something not right with the default feel, but at the end of the day its personal preference. But for me its nearer the feeling from rf2 and gsc, than its ever been.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back