What Features would you like added most?

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
So after this purchasing this game, expecting it to act and perform like a beta.. and wow I was so surprised at how polished it is for just a 0.7 version. The game is at the stage now where we can start to really get a grip of what the game can be like at its best, and gives us a chance to see what else we would like to add.

There was a similar thread about cars to this one, but if this could be kept solely about the features of the game, rather than cars and tracks.

Some of my suggestions:

• Night Racing: Obviously with the time setting system already in place here, I can see this being implemented rather easily, and it's really a must feature if the game focuses on GT racing.
  • Pitstops: I'd like to think this is a no brainer too, modern racing is so pit-stop reliant it would be a travesty if this didn't feature.. but I am extremely confident it will be!
  • Custom Race Options: It would be truly magnificent if we could see more customizable race settings for both on and offline racing. 3 Races, each with different point systems (which can be created by the user), one shorter race, followed by a longer race, reversed grid for race two etcetc.
  • Choosing Cars by driver, rather than just by model: This is only a small thing, but would be nice to be able to add cars to an offline race by driver name and skin, rather than just by model. Although I do like the way in which we can choose how many of each car we want in each race!
  • Fully Functional Safety Car: If this could be implemented for both off and online racing, it would be pretty sweet.
  • Dynamic Weather: Truly changeable weather, such as it starting to rain and it be wet on some parts of the track, and dry on others.
  • Save Server as Favourite: Meaning it's far easier to find than having to search through a list (Then again I have no idea what the online interface will look like yet)

Again I don't expect all of these to feature, but I was just getting the creative cogs turning. What about you all?

Really? While I'm sure its more realistic, I sure hate that option in Race07, wish there was a way to remove it. But if its just a graphics option to enable or disable it, that would be fine.

Yeah, loved it. You can disable it with a mod, give it a google. :)

I think somebody already has a mod similar to this...if it isn't in here it is at the official forums.

!!

Good call Sir!

When you put a helmet, real one, you never see the top or the bottom, all you see or we should see as effect is the blur of the visor or some mud on it etc. Nothing else.

That would mean, only the screen should be blurred and towards the top, both sides and bottom, a little bit darker and it will be great, as for the video example, i don't like it at all. I have another example on rFactor which is far better than this.

[edit] and to shake a bit :D driver's neck has muscles not concrete

Its a fun effect, but I agree you can't see any of that stuff in rl, unless your helmet doesn't fit properly... You tend to forget you've got a helmet on, it doesn't restrict your vision totally like that.

As with specs dirt on your visor is noticeable but completely out of focus.

Makes more sense if you want a helmet view to wear a racing helmet...

I don't at all like the fixed in place overlay... I know they strap in for neck bracing and stuff but you can move your head a little.

I'd like an option to turn off the gear shifter animation or maybe even an option to remove it completely.
Some cars the shifter moves when it thinks you should change gear..and of course there is a delay between shifting and the animation which adds to the frustration. I find it quite off putting

I'd like an option to turn off the gear shifter animation or maybe even an option to remove it completely.
Some cars the shifter moves when it thinks you should change gear..and of course there is a delay between shifting and the animation which adds to the frustration. I find it quite off putting

Certainly worth noting.

It does't bother me much, but I can see where it could affect some people. I used to hate not being able to see the drivers arms in the cockpit view but most recently, I've started turning them off as it can be a distraction. I find myself looking at the in game drivers arms in my peripheral vision and it seems to affect my reaction times when turning or changing direction. I do still like to see my in game steering wheel though. ;)

I cannot say i understood the point :D

Hope this sketch helps :D

V6UN0Sz.png

That's why you drive with virtual steering wheel and arms off and leave those animations for replays

I like the helmet view in Pcars, it's more subtle and dynamic with some shake and leaning at work. Wearing a real helmet is not practical IMO for many reasons, one of the most obvious being compromised listening or the need to boost volume to ridiculous levels.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back