What Features would you like added most?

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
So after this purchasing this game, expecting it to act and perform like a beta.. and wow I was so surprised at how polished it is for just a 0.7 version. The game is at the stage now where we can start to really get a grip of what the game can be like at its best, and gives us a chance to see what else we would like to add.

There was a similar thread about cars to this one, but if this could be kept solely about the features of the game, rather than cars and tracks.

Some of my suggestions:

• Night Racing: Obviously with the time setting system already in place here, I can see this being implemented rather easily, and it's really a must feature if the game focuses on GT racing.
  • Pitstops: I'd like to think this is a no brainer too, modern racing is so pit-stop reliant it would be a travesty if this didn't feature.. but I am extremely confident it will be!
  • Custom Race Options: It would be truly magnificent if we could see more customizable race settings for both on and offline racing. 3 Races, each with different point systems (which can be created by the user), one shorter race, followed by a longer race, reversed grid for race two etcetc.
  • Choosing Cars by driver, rather than just by model: This is only a small thing, but would be nice to be able to add cars to an offline race by driver name and skin, rather than just by model. Although I do like the way in which we can choose how many of each car we want in each race!
  • Fully Functional Safety Car: If this could be implemented for both off and online racing, it would be pretty sweet.
  • Dynamic Weather: Truly changeable weather, such as it starting to rain and it be wet on some parts of the track, and dry on others.
  • Save Server as Favourite: Meaning it's far easier to find than having to search through a list (Then again I have no idea what the online interface will look like yet)

Again I don't expect all of these to feature, but I was just getting the creative cogs turning. What about you all?

I moved my Doc's, Music, Pic's and Vid's folders to one of my Data HDD's. It's not hard to do, just a drag & drop process with a couple of small folder edits needed. There are many tips and articles online outlining the process.

Nice one. Used the link below for anyone looking to do the same. Not "ideal" because I'd rather just have the option to save replays there rather than move everything, but it'll do! :)

http://www.techsupportalert.com/con...rsonal-folders-my-documents-another-drive.htm

I believe it's been stated night racing will be a long way off if ever done as it requires a re- write of the graphics engine to handle multiple light sources. Also dynamic weather is a huge job and don't expect to see this anytime soon.

I've been watching replays of races and test laps a lot over the past few weeks and it finally dawned on me why I've been so disappointed with the sound in AC, it doesn't sound real because it's not dynamic! I realized after watching replays on AC then watching replays on other sims and actual races on Youtube and noticed that the sounds in AC don't react to the environment. On many of the tracks there should be a certain degree of echo as the car passes by concrete walls and other track features and the amount of echo should change as the car approaches then passes and pulls away from the feature but there is nothing. I wonder if Kunos is even aware of this. I hope they address this at some point.

I've been watching replays of races and test laps a lot over the past few weeks and it finally dawned on me why I've been so disappointed with the sound in AC, it doesn't sound real because it's not dynamic! I realized after watching replays on AC then watching replays on other sims and actual races on Youtube and noticed that the sounds in AC don't react to the environment. On many of the tracks there should be a certain degree of echo as the car passes by concrete walls and other track features and the amount of echo should change as the car approaches then passes and pulls away from the feature but there is nothing. I wonder if Kunos is even aware of this. I hope they address this at some point.
Oh yes, there have been discussions on this very subject on the AC forums. Kunos have stated that they will address sound improvements sometime after version one is released.

Of course they can, the only problem is CPU usage, since all these effects are done on the CPU. That's why I'm very excited about TrueAudio - AMD will basically integrate a special processor on their GPUs with purpose of doing sound calculations.

How we have gone backwards. Remember when we used to have sound cards which did just that exact job? If I recall correctly, Vista did away with directaudio hence leaving the sound card market a little pointless.

I have to agree with the ambient sounds, take the australian grand prix for instance, the sheer noise the fans were making in the last two laps for daniel was amazing. Bring life to the track with crowds cheering or booing the race as it unfolds.

I'd like to see a choice of left or right hand drive cars. It's surprisingly tricky (at least it is for me) having to try to learn lefthand drive, and it affects my natural 'most of the car is to the left of me' awareness I have from driving a real car. Feels so unnatural. Probably why I have been enjoying the open wheelers a lot more. I suppose this is unlikely to happen but would be great if the choice was there.

Last edited:
I only need a bug free netcode that support large fields of drivers.

Quite amazed to read that (dynamic) weather and nightracing will not be supported. Its 2014 and we are talking about game features that we had already in GTR2 back in 1979!

Get it done please :)

I am not expecting anything to be copy / pasted and I am well aware how much effort certain programming features take but this is not a groundbreaking new invention. Its common industry standard in most games and I just thought this would overtime be included in AC as well.

Thats its not in 1.0 I can understand, but needing to reprogram your entire software to incorporate widely available features simply makes no sense to me to be honest.

If the target group of AC is still sim racing fans realistic features like these should be included in later versions of the game.

I think I am not the only person anticipatedly waiting for four years now to play a "GTR3'ish" game and personally I don't care which dev will make it: simbin, isi, sms, reiza, kunos, lfs or iracing. But I need my endurance GT kicks (selfish I am fully aware, but in a thread like this a man can have his dreams right? :roflmao:)

"Game Live for Project Assetto iGTRacing Factor Experience " ill buy in a blink of an eye!

Isn't everything endurance sim racers want already in rfactor2? I know there is a GT3 mod out there but not sure how "legal" it is.

I'm more of the 10 laps in street cars and then change the combo and do 10 more laps sim racer myself so no pit stops doesn't really affect me although I am as baffled as anyone as to why they wouldn't hold up V1.0 until they had at least static pit stops.

Since this is a wishlist for features and it seems most of the important ones have already been covered I wish for something useless; working odometers in the cars (best case) or at least a timer showing how many miles and how much time I have spent in each car....of course it might be best not to know! LOL

Since this is a wishlist for features and it seems most of the important ones have already been covered I wish for something useless; working odometers in the cars (best case) or at least a timer showing how many miles and how much time I have spent in each car....of course it might be best not to know! LOL

I was thinking of posting in that 'request a mod/app' thread, seems like something you could write an app for. Just a little odometer per car, and maybe a tripmeter along with it that you can reset with a button. Would be neat to know just how far I've driven the Gr.A E30 while trying to beat the AI.

TBH my setup doesn't make much of the dash visible so I don't personally care how much of it is functional. I care more that multiplayer is a flexible framework for the audience with some coding knowledge to be able to bend to their will. Not having to wait for Kunos themselves to implement every app idea is great.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%